Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > LS400/LS430/Celsior
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 06:23 AM   #16
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

It's unique in that Infiniti makes an attempt to specialize on a specific aspect of a luxury car, in this case performance, rather than joining the "me too" bandwagon and labeling themselves as possessing the most in luxury. Oh and another thing, many have been commenting on Lexus's current styling being a bit too derivative of European, particularly German, design.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 09:28 AM   #17
LiuBei
AF Regular

I agree with your comment on the Lexus LS430 styling. Regardless that is just the way things go nowadays. How many of today's newer cars do you think were copied off of some other? Just an observation.
Old 12-16-2001, 10:14 PM   #18
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, most automakers can't design a car without hitting similarity points from other cars. But the Q's nose end does have a fresh look that just "seems" more like a japanese product.
Old 12-17-2001, 04:24 PM   #19
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

well the front looks alot like the new Nissan altima
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 09:07 PM   #20
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

You think? The Altima looks pretty similar to the LS from the front. Check out the headlights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg headlights.jpg (4.3 KB, 144 views)
Old 03-19-2002, 02:50 PM   #21
Tom_S8
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Tom_S8
Anyway if it is for me , for luxury cars you have 2 choices : british or german... It's not that i don't like japanese cars but the luxury sedans lack character , japanese sport cars are nice... Anyway japanese cars suck because they're no good if you're not going to mod them they have to low power... Call me crazy but 276 hp isn't really a number that satisfies me... Yeah i know that some of them have over 300 hp even if the manufacturer says 276 but it's still low... My friend has a 91 lexus , it's a nice car , but it's really soft when it comes to suspension... By the way the engine isn't that strong at all , but i have no idea what to do in order to make it brake down... My friend's car has 470 000 Km on the clock and it runs , and runs , and runs , and runs ... i like that , not that my car's brake down (okay the porsches go crazy from time to time , but they give me more in return - POWER ) but my car is nowhere close to that milage
Tom_S8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 08:58 PM   #22
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_S8
Call me crazy but 276 hp isn't really a number that satisfies me...
well the Skyline holds a record at the nurburgring, fastest coupe or something like that?? Fastest sports car, i think?

So... that pretty much proves it, those number don't mean that much...
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 04:20 AM   #23
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom_S8
Anyway japanese cars suck because they're no good if you're not going to mod them they have to low power... Call me crazy but 276 hp isn't really a number that satisfies me... Yeah i know that some of them have over 300 hp even if the manufacturer says 276 but it's still low...
You said the key word: mod. Some cars are designed to be left alone. Some are designed to be tuned the hell out of. Japanese cars tend to easily fall into the latter category. A stock Japanese car is a relatively boring car; that's why there are so many partsmakers for them. Both the Skyline and the Supra can find their way into 700-800 hp territory with little pain, and like you've stated, with unmatched reliability. Push it to the envelope (if you've got the extra dough) and quad-digit readings are fairly accessible.

As for comparing Japanese to European luxury cars, it really has to do with one's taste and attitude towards how a car should respond to a driver. Unfortunately, you really can't compare Japan's high-end luxos to the uppershelf European cars--they aren't even in the same price range, let alone the same league. Those who like a simple and clean, mechanical, stark, pristine, unwavering luxury car go with the Lexuses and Infinitis at the cost of losing some upscale luxury items. Those wanting the ultimate in pampering and technological revolutions while yielding some dedicated reliability can go with the Jags, MBs, Bimmers, and even RR/Bentleys. It really has to do with who you are (and how much money you have! )
Old 06-08-2002, 05:57 AM   #24
retrodrive
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to retrodrive
Considering that the new Q45 is slower then LS430 and has 50 more HP...I can only laugh at that. Can we say DRIVETRAIN LOSS?
retrodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 01:28 PM   #25
olu40
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to olu40
Alot of you are way of on the comparisons. First of all bothe cars are great vehicles and are headed closer to perfection every year. I have a first gen Q45 (94) and performance and character wise the Q definitly has the edge. As the years have gone on Infiniti was having a breakdown of identity trying to catch up in sales with the LS. A bad mistake. Now they are back on track but they better keep up because the LS in a year or two will be a killer to stop. Sales of a car doesnt make it better. S class an 7 series sales eclipse Q's and LS (In NY) but the cars suck for reliability and quality. So dont go by numbers. Lexus and Infiniti are always 1 and 2 on JD Power Associates list. Infiniti is finally coming back to life. With the G35's and the remaking of the Q's and M's (changing all toghether). Things are going to be totally different. Bottom line is I would get either the Q or LS over a piece of junk german car. Q's were innovators in technology in the beginning. Active suspension rear camera, new all wheel drive system. But Infinit advertisers need to be shot as well as the designers. But they have turned it around. I'm a lover of both. Lexus needs to add a little bit more edge in handling.
olu40 is offline   Reply With Quote