Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Caseyb1983
AF Newbie

98 for expedition DOOR AJAR light

Good afternoon. I have a 98 ford expedition that has the door ajar light on and dings all the time. It's driving me insane. I hit a small bump and DING and the inside lights come on. All doors are shut. The doors will lock and unlock.

I'm not sure if related but I will mention. The driver side back door sometimes doesn't look when I lock using front drivers door.

I read somewhere to get in the truck and have someone open and shit every door and listen to the one that doesn't ding. They all do.

This light sometimes doesn't come on all day long. Then sometimes it's on front first start of the day and even sometimes it just comes on for the first time that day just riding down the street.

Is there a way I can figure out what door is causing this?
Caseyb1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 98 for expedition DOOR AJAR light

Ford in that time frame had many vehicles that would get the door ajar problem due to dirt in the contacts. Search the forum for ajar and WD40 (or wd-40) and there are plenty of replys on how to spray it into the latch area to clean the contacts to fix the problem. There are a few instance where this doesn't work and the door has to be taken apart and the contacts given a good cleaning by hand or replaced. And there are a few others where it is a wire going bad, usually in the hinge area. It has a break and in different positions makes contact, and in others loses it.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Expedition