Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #16
Tonedog
AF Newbie

Re: Throttle Body Gasket to Intake manifold leaking Radiator fluid

Thanks, all I used to clean it was a razor blade to remove old gasket material, brake cleaner & rag for the nasty stuff, & triple zero steel wool to polish it up a bit. To release the fuel pressure, , there is a small valve, like the valve stem on a tire, just push it in with a small screwdriver, ("don't spray yourself with gas, use a rag to avoid this".) This valve is located on the front drivers side near the thermostat & upper radiator hose. & for your other question about the oil pan, beside a small piece of plastic cover "part of the transmission flywheel cover" needs to be removed to get to a few bolts for the oil pan, other than that, it does come right off very easily. Make sure everything is clean before installing everything to prevent leaks, this also helps to find future leaks easier.
Tonedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #17
Illegal-racer
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedog View Post
Thanks, all I used to clean it was a razor blade to remove old gasket material, brake cleaner & rag for the nasty stuff, & triple zero steel wool to polish it up a bit. To release the fuel pressure, , there is a small valve, like the valve stem on a tire, just push it in with a small screwdriver, ("don't spray yourself with gas, use a rag to avoid this".) This valve is located on the front drivers side near the thermostat & upper radiator hose. & for your other question about the oil pan, beside a small piece of plastic cover "part of the transmission flywheel cover" needs to be removed to get to a few bolts for the oil pan, other than that, it does come right off very easily. Make sure everything is clean before installing everything to prevent leaks, this also helps to find future leaks easier.
Alright thank's. I edited my last message and made it more up to date before you posted this one. :P I did in fact Spray fuel all over my hand lol but, used baking soda to help remove it, I'll be working alot this week untill monday so i won't have much time to do anything,

I should be posting the pics tamo so you can see what it looks like atm. Its Pretty narly lol,
Illegal-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #18
Tonedog
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illegal-racer View Post

I took the UIM off today and found that the Gasket where radiator fluid goes through is ripped and messed up lol, and It was all grimy and black, i will post pics, in a day or so.
Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for those pics... (clean engines are cool running engines), plus you don't get dirty while re-installing everything....clean hands= clean tools
Old 10-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #19
Illegal-racer
AF Newbie

Yeah for sure From how dirty and grimy it is and the fuel injectors..... OMG lol I'm surprised it even turned on let alone drive lol, I'm going to clean it like it was brand NEW>

I like geting Dirty though:<> lol
Old 10-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #20
Illegal-racer
AF Newbie

There it is. lol I forgot to take a pic of the gasket :< but, it was ripped pretty bad

If you can tell...................... Both of the inner fuel line bolts broke off lol...... Grrr
Old 10-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #21
Tonedog
AF Newbie

Nice, looks alot cleaner than mine did. What did the EGR Port on the upper plenum look like? Was it melted & corroded like the picture I posted of mine? If so, are you planning on replacing or repairing it? Also, what I did to get the coolant out of all the cylinders was disconnected the fuel pump relay, pull all the spark plugs out, & cranked the engine over, & watched it splash everywhere.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #22
demeric
AF Newbie

how many miles on this engine?
demeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #23
Illegal-racer
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demeric View Post
how many miles on this engine?

134k, I However have only put 900 miles on this car since i bought it:
Old 10-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #24
Illegal-racer
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedog View Post
Nice, looks alot cleaner than mine did. What did the EGR Port on the upper plenum look like? Was it melted & corroded like the picture I posted of mine? If so, are you planning on replacing or repairing it? Also, what I did to get the coolant out of all the cylinders was disconnected the fuel pump relay, pull all the spark plugs out, & cranked the engine over, & watched it splash everywhere.
I didn't really spend to much time looking at it:P lol so i don't know but, I am about to go clean it some: IF it is dmg I will be doing it myself> :P

You really think thats a good ideal? lol How many times Should i crank it over? Should i drain any other fluids? And Do you happen to know which relay is the fuel pump lol, Theres 5 relays i think..... but, they aren't labeled.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #25
Tonedog
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illegal-racer View Post
IF it is dmg I will be doing it myself> :P

You really think thats a good ideal? lol How many times Should i crank it over? Should i drain any other fluids? And Do you happen to know which relay is the fuel pump lol, Theres 5 relays i think..... but, they aren't labeled.
Well, I know for a fact that it's a bad idea to leave water in the cylinders due to the simple fact that it can sieze the pistons to the block, crank it as many times till theres no more water in the cylinders. The fuel pump relay was located on the passenger side under the dash, when you remove the cover, theres a sticker with the relay locations printed on the underside, I believe it was the top one. As for your other question about the other fluids, I personaly would remove & replace all the coolant, & the oil & filter, due to contamination. PS.... if your sticker is missing for the relay locations under the passenger side panel, let me know & I can pull mine off again to verify for you.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #26
Illegal-racer
AF Newbie

Alright, Thank you .

Btw, the EGR Port is Perfectly fine

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville