Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:59 AM   #16
buddylov
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to buddylov Send a message via MSN to buddylov
Re: 1995 Bonneville Se

ok mickey i have check all 3 front spark plug for fire,they have spark. also they are dry as well. remind that when i put starter fluid something the car will run as it did orther time.
buddylov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:04 AM   #17
Mickey#1
AF Enthusiast

Try disconnecting the wires to the throttle position sensor & see if it starts without the starting fluid. If that doesn't help then you need to check for fuel injector pulse & check fuel pressure with a gauge.
Mickey#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:23 AM   #18
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

I agree with Mickey. It's definitely a fuel issue, as it runs on starting fluid. It could be a shorted injector or bad fuel pump (just having fuel spray out of the schrader valve means nothing, you need to check to see if you have enough pressure with a gauge). A shorted injector can cause a loss of injector pulse to the other injectors on that bank, so if you don't have a noid light, you can try unplugging each injector one at a time to see if the car will start (it will run rough but should start). If so, the unplugged injector is dead shorted and needs replacing.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:54 AM   #19
buddylov
AF Newbie

thank you guys i will chceck today.... will let you know how it trun out....... thank's again......
buddylov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #20
buddylov
AF Newbie

Hello Everyone just want to take a few minute to say thank's to all who took part in helping me get my car back on the road.. would like to explain all deteal on what took part trying to get this bonni running. first i have spent alot of money changing all the part in the engine like new plug and wires 2- new cam shaft sensor 3- new crankshaft position sensor,4, new vacuum line.5-new oil seal.6 new water pump and seal.7- all new relays on the fire wall.8- a new homanic balance. finialy i went on e-bay and bought a obd1 and 2 scanner from actron for about $146.00 dollars plus 16.00 dollars for shipping, by the way, it got here fast. went to check on the computer for my bonni but couldn't get a reading, but the scanner on my 1988 ford ranger and i could read from the computer. so guess what guys? i went to the junk yard and bought a computer for about $69.00 plus tax. well change the computer and install the battery wait for 15 minute so that the new computer can do it's seft programming. after 15 minute i hook up the obd 1 and 2 scanner and was able to read from the the computer. I then started the engine up and it's running. took it for a drive and it runs like a baby. again thank you all for you're help in getting my bonni running. hope this will help other in the future....

let's keep this form running. i still have a little problem with a fuse. i have a remote control for the car when i bought it. i have notice that the remote control only operate the truck and not the doors. well i check the fuse box that's next to the passenger side where the computer is. i found a bad fuse and change it but the fuse keep blowing up. i know there is a short somewhere. i think this is the remote control for the doors. can anyone help me on trobleshooting this short? again thank you.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #21
buddylov
AF Newbie

ok just a update. i have the short on the bonni. i have found a bad relay under the driver side / carpet. there is also the plug for you power seat need to remove or cut a little form the carpet you will see the power door relay. i change the relay and the driver side power door works.....

question: i can't get my other door to open when i hit the power button only the driver side work.... any one have a idea on what's going on... thank you....
Old 02-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #22
auto trainy
AF Enthusiast

On my 95 olds the power switch assy (drivers side)has a rocker switch that can be made to have only the driver work the windows (child safety) see if its on or off.
auto trainy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville