Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > LS400/LS430/Celsior
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 09:16 PM   #1
LiuBei
AF Regular

Lexus 430 gets JD Power's top honors

Lexus has been named tops in reliability, durability, and longlivety by JD Power and Associates in a study I found. I went to the JD Power site and found that Lexus has won numerous awards over the past decade or so.
Like being the top Nameplate in the industry for overall quality from 1995
to 2001. In a link below the 2001 LS430 breaks recieves the highest quality honor. For mor go to the JD Power site.

01 LS430

JD Power site
Old 07-13-2002, 07:33 AM   #2
ls430-cda
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Defective LS430-potentially serious.

I own a new LS430 (2001). It has alignment problem at 15K Km. More serious and potentially fatal problem thou is an intermittent electronic control problems. In a rainy day, I suddenly lost most of my electronic display and controls, e.g., gas gauge, hi/lo beam control, sound control, dimm light control, remote and manual trunk release, memory seats...etc.

The problems disappeared when engine was re-started. It recurred several days later. Lexus is unable to explain why and cannot guarantee if ABS, airbags or other safety related devices are not affected during the defective conditions.

This is potentially a hidden defect which may be fatal since Lexus is unable to explain and guarantee if safety devices are affected. Could the problems due to moisture which affects car computer firmware behavior?

Need help.
ls430-cda is offline   Reply With Quote