Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #16
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Re: 1995 Bonneville SE stalling and other electronic woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdq
Crank sensor usually gives problems stalling and starting when hot.
That was mentioned in the original post all the way at the top JDQ.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #17
Devans
AF Newbie

my bonneville is doing the exact same thing as Charge's. i was going down the freeway about 70 mph and car died started right back up. lost all lights and everything. took it to the shop and they replaced my fuel pump. it stalled on my way home from picking it up. they have now had it for 3 days and said there is nothing wrong with it and it hasn't stalled on them. i asked them why would a bad fuel pump restart my clock? Charge did you figure out what was wrong with your dads?
Devans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #18
sixsmiles
AF Newbie

I have posted this same idea on several posts, but I hope you may find it helpful.... My 95 was stalling, dying, and other random problems. I added a ground to the engine.. ran a separate wire from the engine block to the engine, all problems went away, then several months later car just died, then I had to ground No. 86 black and white wire on the Junction block where the Fuel pump relay is installed. Good luck!
sixsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #19
bungea
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamcon
i have a car with very similar problems as well, but it seems that it may be heat related. the car stalls, and is unable to start again until after a cooling period. it will crank over but will not start. just replaced the electronic ignition, thinking that was it but the problem still exists.
I found that this could be that one of the wires that are by the engine is getting to hot. I took my 95 se bonneville up to Minnesota over summer and that was the problem. It was the cable that hooked from the battery to the altenator. After i moved it to the top of the plastic peice of the 3.8 38oo 2 engine cover, she worked like a bueaty.
bungea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #20
bungea
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devans
my bonneville is doing the exact same thing as Charge's. i was going down the freeway about 70 mph and car died started right back up. lost all lights and everything. took it to the shop and they replaced my fuel pump. it stalled on my way home from picking it up. they have now had it for 3 days and said there is nothing wrong with it and it hasn't stalled on them. i asked them why would a bad fuel pump restart my clock? Charge did you figure out what was wrong with your dads?
I've heard that its a problem for the bonnevilles. I read something about it on http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/U...reviewshowall/
It said Automatic transmission: 4T60E transmissions may drop out of drive while cruising; shift erratically; or have no second, third, or fourth gear because of a bad ground connection for the shift solenoids. (1992-94)
Automatic transmission: The 4T60E automatic transmission can suddenly go into neutral at highway speeds due to a problem with internal shift valves. (1995-97)
bungea is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville