Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Cougar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 08:13 AM   #16
mas&NKS
AF Newbie

my wifes 00 cougar has been really good to us. the only thing we've had to do was a new exhaust and tires. so far so good. its all about how you treat a car, and maybe theres alot of lemons in that model. like dodge neons. but id get something diffeerent if i was you. camaro z28. youll get the same gas milage and 4 times the power
mas&NKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 11:45 PM   #17
mikecox1
AF Newbie

Re: Looking to buy 99-01 cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttoommssmmiitthh
After having a POS Granx Prix for the past year with more problems than you cant count on 10 sets of hands, Im checking out new cars. I live in Michigan so American cars are cheap up here. I was looking at Mercury cougars and just wondering whats the reliability like on them/problems. I noticed a big problem with them was the alternator, but other than that didnt see much.
i cant say it enough it is not the altenator the output wire (red) is shorting agansed the car's frame ,dont expect your mechanic to notice after all he or she is trying to make money.people, this an 130 amp alternator!! most big trucks don't have an alternator with this kind of output i had a 1994 caprice cop car it's alternator was 100 amp output as you know (dont act like you dont know) cop cars have alot of lights not to mention the computer,rader raido,ect.... please dont tell me you think the cougar uses this kind of power.look at it like this, most homes in the united states HAVE 100 AMP SERVICE! (to the whole house). if you are into electronics like i am then you know there is know other reason for the alternator to go out than a partial to full short,please, their is a 200 amp fuse between the alternator and the starter agansed the back side of the engine e-mail me for location
mikecox1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Cougar