Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 08:17 AM   #31
fastfreddie72
AF Newbie

Re: Hayabusa X-1 In Progress - First Moto Kit

very NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fastfreddie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:17 AM   #32
fastfreddie72
AF Newbie

very NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fastfreddie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:08 AM   #33
klutz_100
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to klutz_100

Lovely work, Adam.

I can feel it in my bones - this kit is coming out of my stash!!

Can I PM you with some Qs?

"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel" - Edmund Blackadder
klutz_100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:55 AM   #34
ajthomas75
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutz_100
Lovely work, Adam.

I can feel it in my bones - this kit is coming out of my stash!!

Can I PM you with some Qs?
Sure mate, feel free - anytime.

Adam.
ajthomas75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:39 AM   #35
ajthomas75
AF Newbie

Uncle Adams modeling tip #63........ If your wanting to strip the paint of your headlight part and dip it in some thinner for a second........ don't get distracted by your baby crying and step away leaving the part in the thinner, otherwise when you remeber you've left the part in there, you'll come back to a lump of melted plastic

So, now I've got to order the part from Rainbow Ten because of my absent mindedness.....

Anyway, I've got a bit of an update here.
Decided to detail the front fender a little, drilling out the moulded rivets and replacing them. I'll be doing this with pin heads. I didn't realise the size difference from one pin head to the next. I had to go through about 30-40 pins to find these 4 that were of similar size.

I've painted the pin heads Alclad II Pale Gold

Then I just slid the pins into the holes, snipped the length of pin off from the inside and placed a drop of superglue on the inside of the fender at each hole.

With all internals now pretty much painted and ready to go, I decided to start assembling what I could. Still have to attached brake and clutch lines, add more decals, instrument panel (which I'm currently working on and will post progress pics of) etc..... But for the time being, here are a few preview pics - let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking.... more to come in a few days.

Adam.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:12 AM   #36
mickbench
AF Fanatic

Stunning... The use of pins as rivets was genius... Loving this, everything is so well done. Shame about the headlight, I've had to order my fair share of spares as well.. Glad I'm not the only one to mess up.. LOL

But all the same, stunning bit of model building..
mickbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:11 AM   #37
ajthomas75
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbench
Stunning... The use of pins as rivets was genius... Loving this, everything is so well done. Shame about the headlight, I've had to order my fair share of spares as well.. Glad I'm not the only one to mess up.. LOL

But all the same, stunning bit of model building..
Thanks mate, I appreciate the compliments..... The headlight really had my temper going last night, but oh well, get over it and move on. Don't you love screw ups with builds. I've been following your CLK GTR build (which I've really been enjoying and am watching closely by the way) and have really been feeling for you with your Silver trials and tribulations. Really makes you wonder sometimes why we actually enjoy doing this doesn't it ?!?

Adam.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:23 AM   #38
mickbench
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajthomas75
Thanks mate, I appreciate the compliments..... The headlight really had my temper going last night, but oh well, get over it and move on. Don't you love screw ups with builds. I've been following your CLK GTR build (which I've really been enjoying and am watching closely by the way) and have really been feeling for you with your Silver trials and tribulations. Really makes you wonder sometimes why we actually enjoy doing this doesn't it ?!?

Adam.
Ah tell me about it. I’m a pro at screwing up. Thankfully, most of the time we can find spares, or strip and start again. What makes me more mad is when you’ve just get it as you want it, and then you screw up.. My CLK was at a stage where it didn’t matter about stripping a few layers of clear off. OK, I wasted a few shots of clear from a 100ml can, meaning I’ll use more then one can of clear now, but just think. I could have found the problem AFTER I’d stuck the decals on. Then I’d have been in trouble. As it happens, the CLK is now back on track, and looking a lot better for my efforts...

Seriously though mate, this is one stunning build, and this slight mishap is just human. You’ll get a spare, and you’ll be back on track again. You should get some oven cleaner, and isopropyl alcohol to strip with, and not use thinners, as I’ve heard of thinners doing funky stuff to plastic..

We build models for the enjoyment of accomplishment mate. And then we sit back, and wait for the kudos to roll in.. Mostly we sit there and watch the views go up, and no comments, but then you get a few compliments back, and it makes it all worthwhile, plus, when friends, family come round, you can say – I built that..!! And to me that is worth the hassle and expense.
mickbench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:38 AM   #39
ajthomas75
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbench
Ah tell me about it. I’m a pro at screwing up. Thankfully, most of the time we can find spares, or strip and start again. What makes me more mad is when you’ve just get it as you want it, and then you screw up.. My CLK was at a stage where it didn’t matter about stripping a few layers of clear off. OK, I wasted a few shots of clear from a 100ml can, meaning I’ll use more then one can of clear now, but just think. I could have found the problem AFTER I’d stuck the decals on. Then I’d have been in trouble. As it happens, the CLK is now back on track, and looking a lot better for my efforts...

Seriously though mate, this is one stunning build, and this slight mishap is just human. You’ll get a spare, and you’ll be back on track again. You should get some oven cleaner, and isopropyl alcohol to strip with, and not use thinners, as I’ve heard of thinners doing funky stuff to plastic..

We build models for the enjoyment of accomplishment mate. And then we sit back, and wait for the kudos to roll in.. Mostly we sit there and watch the views go up, and no comments, but then you get a few compliments back, and it makes it all worthwhile, plus, when friends, family come round, you can say – I built that..!! And to me that is worth the hassle and expense.
Yeah, you're right mate..... it's the compliments that give you the motivation to keep going through the mundane parts and get to the final build. I don't think people understand how much a simple comment or praise can help you push on other than just viewing and not commenting.

I did actually use oven cleaner first - great stuff....... but it didn't help strip the alclad gold, so I thought "a little thinner, just for a second"... oh well, you live and learn.

Adam.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:38 AM   #40
cyberkid
AF Enthusiast

Awsome build. Clean, clean super clean. Love the details and the heat staining.
NEW TO THE AF MODELLING FORUM? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST
AF Car Modeling Tutorial, How-To and Product Review Depository
AF Car Modeling Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] - * Look here first! * ver2.0
And finally,I wish you all happy modeling
cyberkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #41
slownlow32tl
AF Regular

Wow that carbon technique really came out very nice, im going to have to try that. The rest of the build it outstanding as well.
slownlow32tl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #42
utzelu
AF Newbie

did u create the template for the CF application yourself? or is it included in the kit?
i'm asking because the CF is applied perfectly on the fender.
utzelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #43
ajthomas75
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utzelu
did u create the template for the CF application yourself? or is it included in the kit?
i'm asking because the CF is applied perfectly on the fender.
The CF isn't a decal - it's actually painted on. I started with a base coat of Tamiya Semi GLoss Black, then stretch a womans stocking over the part and sprayed Alclad II Dark Aluminium through the stocking to get the pattern.

Adam.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:45 AM   #44
utzelu
AF Newbie

oh yes... i forgot about your first post of the topic. i must try this technic myself as the result is really great; better than using CF decal. the pattern looks much more convincing.
utzelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:35 AM   #45
klutz_100
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to klutz_100

More please.....
It's hard waiting for updates

"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel" - Edmund Blackadder
klutz_100 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes