Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 05:56 PM   #1
CoolGuy02
AF Newbie

Arrow Is 300ZX TT the BEST Japanese car?

I am a Japanese car lover, and one of my favorite is the 300zx. But, I also like Supra, Rx-7, NSX, Impreza, and Skyline GTR. I want to know which Japanese car is the best overall.
CoolGuy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 05:59 PM   #2
MattyG
AF Enthusiast

Consensus is GTR I'd say.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:37 PM   #3
Grendel
AF Enthusiast

300zx is good, but I wouldn't say its best... my vote goes for Skyline...

-Grendel
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
1320B4U
AF Enthusiast

Best US available when $$$ matters, yeah the 300zx TT, or maybe a rebuilt Seven.
1320B4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 02:00 AM   #5
wingsofwar
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to wingsofwar Send a message via AIM to wingsofwar Send a message via Yahoo to wingsofwar
It depends on your taste of the road, and what kind of speed your going for.

Are you a drag, straight..type of person?
Then your best bet would be either the Skyline GTR series, Supra Twin Turbos, or 300ZX.

Are you a track, road (autocross maybe)...type of person?
WRX, GTR, NSX, or 300ZX would be more logical to use.

Are you all season driver??
Then Probably the WRX/Impreza, Skyline GTR, or NSX would satisfy your need for speed.

Are you into Drifting, back road Street Races??
Then the best car for the job would be the RX-7, NSX.

Are you into back road Street Races, but you dont like drifting?
Then Grip racing is your type of speed sickness, Skyline GT-R, WRX, or Lancer Evolution Series.

Are you just looking for daily performance driver?
Then the WRX is your car...maybe the GTR, but i dont know if its reliable as the WRX.
wingsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 02:19 AM   #6
Grendel
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by wingsofwar
Are you just looking for daily performance driver?
Then the WRX is your car...maybe the GTR, but i dont know if its reliable as the WRX. [/b]
I'm pretty sure the GTR is a bit more reliable than the WRX...

I've heard of 500-600 hp daily driver GTRs on stock internals... I'm sure they are tough

-Grendel
Old 07-12-2002, 10:38 AM   #7
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NISSANSPDR
Quote:

Are you into Drifting, back road Street Races??
Then the best car for the job would be the RX-7, NSX.
What about the Silvia and 180SX??? They are awesome for drifting and back road racing!!!

VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM

:bandit:

NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 04:29 PM   #8
wingsofwar
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to wingsofwar Send a message via AIM to wingsofwar Send a message via Yahoo to wingsofwar
but really..would you rather drift in a 94 rx-7 ..or a 180sx..think about it..lol
Old 07-12-2002, 05:07 PM   #9
Grendel
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
but really..would you rather drift in a 94 rx-7 ..or a 180sx..think about it..lol
180sx all the way

-Grendel
Old 07-12-2002, 06:23 PM   #10
wingsofwar
AF Enthusiast

lol ass.... HACHI-ROKU ALL THE WAY!!
wingsofwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 02:30 AM   #11
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Hachi's dont come w/205, 220 or even 250HP stock out of the box like the Silvia's and 180SX's do...

So think about that...

Old 07-13-2002, 11:29 AM   #12
sinfestboy
AF Newbie

why do people think the skyline is the ultimate car? I have ridden in both stock and heavily tuned skylines, and driven a BPU GTR, and they are not that incredible.

yes, they are awesome cars, but they are not the best car in the world. A well tuned 99+ rx7 could beat them in almost any form of racing. look at best motoring videos, the rx-7 almost always wins.

so obviously, my vote goes to the rx-7. R.I.P.
sinfestboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 11:33 AM   #13
sinfestboy
AF Newbie

oh, and as far as 86's go, stop judging a car according to a cartoon. yes, they are good cars, but initial D isnt real, bud. MOST (not all) people who are obsessed with 86's think super street is the best magazine ever.

augghhhhh! I cant stand people who dont know what they are talking about.
sinfestboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 11:02 PM   #14
wingsofwar
AF Enthusiast

hahahah! 86! sinfestboy! and NISSANSPDR! i know what you mean, its kinda hard to type with emotion, like being sarcastic. Personaly i think 86s' are shit buckets..only 120 some hp..somewere around there..and initial d..WHATS WRONG WITH THE CARTOON?! i like it! its funny! heheh..i know real drifting has many more factors involved..my 89 300zxT...is tuned for drifting, i copyed the 200zr suspension settings and tweaked it alittle...but initial d it is just a cartoon..so dont bug man. and i would choose a silvia or 180/240 sx anyday....

GT-Rs are very good cars, but i never said it was the ultimate car..i seriously doubt there is a ultimate car since the driving style of people are totally different, if you give a certain car to a group of people, they will all run times much more different, maybe to the point were its uncompairable.

And are you refering to me when you say "peopl dont know what their talking about"? please share with me what you mean..because i dont understand when you say "people dont know what their talking about"..

And as far as car magz. I rarly read them....i get my information based on experiance, not super street and hot import nights..because those magz dont apply to me...I could care less on what people do to their car..

You say 93+ RX-7 Twin Turbo series is a far better car according to performance, and suspension...I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!

Also my spelling is horrible..so please dont get pissed off at me..im just a boater :bandit:
Old 07-15-2002, 01:20 AM   #15
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by sinfestboy
oh, and as far as 86's go, stop judging a car according to a cartoon. yes, they are good cars, but initial D isnt real, bud. MOST (not all) people who are obsessed with 86's think super street is the best magazine ever.

augghhhhh! I cant stand people who dont know what they are talking about.
I am sorry but I do know what I am talking about...I was about this close to getting an AE86 for a beater/race car. I know what they are all about...I did my research on them. I know that they DO only come w/120 some odd HP here in the states. They arent known for their power out of the box...that's why they are great candidates for swaps...I assume you have been on www.club4ag.com and if not...then go there and see that they do have some nice cars there...but they dont compare to the HP that the Silvia/180SX's create...I had 240SX b4 so I know about those too...did lots of research and such w/that...

So bottom line...power vs power...you will never really have more power in an AE86 as you could w/a Silvia or 180SX...handling wise...they are both great for racing, drifting or autocrossing...but having that extra HP will help on the straights or for getting the tailout if you so desire

Oh and I have never seen Inital D...is it any good? :finger:

I HATE PPL WHO PREJUDGE OTHERS!!!