Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 10:01 PM   #16
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx
Re: time to pick your jaw off the floor....

Well said 1Viadrft.

But it is DEFFINATE (I just found out) that the JDM version R35 will be running VQ30DETT, and the USDM version will have VH45DE's...

One of my buddies in Japan said the Nissan dealers ALREADY have brochures for them. Im surprised I havent seen any on Ebay.

The Skyline in Japan is 4,941,008 YEN, or $44,995 in USD. That is for the top of the line GTR version. These Skylines are due to come out in America in 2013...

2013 is an important year for Skyline's, MotoRex's, and RB Motoring's (along with any other RI) legalization business is going to start a steady drop.

This is why:

In Canada, there is the 15 year rule, if an imported car is 15 years old, it is 100% legal, and can be titled no problem.

In America, it is the 25 year rule... Count the years, ALL JDM cars from 1989- in 2013, can be imported legally with no modification to meet US EPA or DOT standards... So from 2013 on, RI's are going to either wither away, or change their business objectives. Sucks for them, good news for us enthusiast's.

I would say, start saving NOW, and buy a car (Lets say, R32 GTR) now, and let it sit at the docks until the time is come. Because my guess is this, prices will jump up when the 25 year period comes along.

Thought I would let you all in on a bit of not-so-well-known knowledge.

So in 2013, choose between an R35, or R32... Personally, im shooting for Fairlady ZedX .

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:02 PM   #17
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

i dont like v-8's much either. i rather have my 6-cylinder. at least with japanese cars. now, go to european cars and that is a different story (got to love the f-360, f-355, espirit).

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:04 PM   #18
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Ahhhhh F360 Modena... Saw one for the first time (up close at least... Seen them running around town)... beautiful styling, engine is SO pretty. The owner offered to let me drive it... Im going to be kicking myself in the ass forever (in otherwords, I turned it down)... *dumbass*

Old 06-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #19
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: time to pick your jaw off the floor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain
Well said 1Viadrft.

But it is DEFFINATE (I just found out) that the JDM version R35 will be running VQ30DETT, and the USDM version will have VH45DE's...

One of my buddies in Japan said the Nissan dealers ALREADY have brochures for them. Im surprised I havent seen any on Ebay.

The Skyline in Japan is 4,941,008 YEN, or $44,995 in USD. That is for the top of the line GTR version. These Skylines are due to come out in America in 2013...

2013 is an important year for Skyline's, MotoRex's, and RB Motoring's (along with any other RI) legalization business is going to start a steady drop.

This is why:

In Canada, there is the 15 year rule, if an imported car is 15 years old, it is 100% legal, and can be titled no problem.

In America, it is the 25 year rule... Count the years, ALL JDM cars from 1989- in 2013, can be imported legally with no modification to meet US EPA or DOT standards... So from 2013 on, RI's are going to either wither away, or change their business objectives. Sucks for them, good news for us enthusiast's.

I would say, start saving NOW, and buy a car (Lets say, R32 GTR) now, and let it sit at the docks until the time is come. Because my guess is this, prices will jump up when the 25 year period comes along.

Thought I would let you all in on a bit of not-so-well-known knowledge.

So in 2013, choose between an R35, or R32... Personally, im shooting for Fairlady ZedX .

-Wes

So I am assuming that Japan is getting there new Skylines earlier than us? I heard it was suppossed to be a worldwide release....? I'm not so sure about this! Brochures??? The timing does not seem right! The Fairlady/350Z and G35/V35 Skyline GT has not been out no longer than 3 yrs. Surely the release of the new SKYLINE GTR this eraly in the game would canniblize sales? Why would we not get the GTR until '13???? I'm kinda bummed that we are not getting the TT version... but a 4.5 liter V8 will do! AWD?????? I hope so! Where are you getting your info? I need more!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:43 PM   #20
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

This old-school Z is nice. The choice of wheels could be better. Something more time-period appropriate like RS Watanabes would look great. The use of titanium piping(thus the need for all of the welds) was a nice touch, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain
I think in one race even, they slapped in the VH, and it did better than the RB did...

The VH is dead. Nissan has been using the VK-series for over two years now. If there was going to be a GT-R with a V8, it would probably use some form of that motor.

For the 2003 season, NISMO's R34 GT-Rs used VQ30s. They won the Manufacturer's and Driver's championships...and scared Toyota into dumping the 2L 3SGTE 4-banger for the 5.2L 3UZFE V8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivetheZ
I can't see why they would get rid of all they've done. They've tweaked the I6 to the point it is now by doing little things over the past few generations...now they're gunna totally drop that engine and all that progress they've made with it and start all over again...doesn't make sense.
The RB has been dead and gone for nearly 2 years, because of tougher emissions regulations. Nissan isn't exactly starting over again with the VQ. It was originally designed as a racing motor for a touring series in Germany that was cancelled before it started. The VQ then made its US debut in 1995.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1viadrft
The Fairlady/350Z and G35/V35 Skyline GT has not been out no longer than 3 yrs. Surely the release of the new SKYLINE GTR this eraly in the game would canniblize sales?
No. The GT-R is a higher-end car, targeting a different market.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 04:40 PM   #21
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi

thanks for the compliments on the lude, i try.

BS on the "they've already got the gt-r" schpiel for JDM cars.

they don't have a gt-r over there now.
tell your friend to send you pics.

the skyline they've got is the g35.
there isn't a gt-r yet.

and how would your friend in japan know what engine would go in a USDM car?
why would nissan circulate that info in japan?
right.

where's the proof on this?

because it's all got SOOOO much to do with the car i posted...
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 07:39 PM   #22
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Haha, I know its off topic fly.

Im trying to get in contact with him (he's in Japan at the moment)

I'll try and track down a member on this forum who seconded my statement... I believe his Screen Name was "VH45DEwithNOS" maybe?

Anyways, the new Skylines will have Super HICAS (HIgh Capacity Active Steer) and ATTESSA as well (AWD assist system... I cant remember the meaning of ATTESSA at the moment, haha)

AWD, AWS, makes it a GTR... Not the engine. (in my opinion)

Im 100% fine with the V8 going in... Why not????

Im VERY excited about the new Skyline, I dont care what it looks like, or how it performs. But I am getting one.

-Wes

Old 06-01-2004, 11:14 PM   #23
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
I always wondered if the GT-Rs would be able to be "grandfathered in" some time. I don't think I'd be able to let one sit that long.

Also, in Japan, they do have a Skyline already...it's what we know to be the Infinity G35. Go to Nissan's japanese website...www.nissan.co.jp . I was on there roaming around a little and saw a G35 with a vanity front license plate that said "Skyline" on it...that's what it's called there. The trick to finding your way around the japanese site for us gringos is open the US site up...the links on the US site are all in the same places on the Japanese site, but in japanese. It's pretty funny, too.....one pic of the Fairlady Z on their site has a California license plate on it....

Here's an interresting link. "Drive To Live"...I love how driving and cars are a life style for them.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:43 PM   #24
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

i have read a whole thread about nissan separating the name skyline and gt-r. the skyline now will be the g35 and the successor to the r34 will come out in several years and will be called the gt-r. it won't be called the skyline gt-r. here is the thread about it http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=117060

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:52 PM   #25
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Ah yes.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:31 AM   #26
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

In Japan (as previously stated) the G35 is called the V35 Skyline.

-Wes

Old 06-02-2004, 01:09 AM   #27
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

I poop big.....

And you are not known as a 'gringo' in Japan... you are a 'GAI-JIN'....

longlivetheZ: Thanks for enlightening us on the V35 Skyline! Did you know it is also known as the G35 here in the good ol' US? Are you aware that the USSR has toppled?

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 09:48 AM   #28
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

What the hell are you talking about...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)