Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Z3
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
beemergirl
AF Newbie

sick 99 z3...need some help please

I have a wonderfull 99 2.8L Z3, and lately it's been acting sick. Out of the blue, after starting it, it will seem like it wants to stop, but doesn't, and then takes forever to get to 20mph...you have to press really hard to get it to pick up, and then it will catch and drive fine. Then when starting it up, I have to press the gas pedal for it to catch, otherwise, it will stop. I think it may be the fuel filter, but if you have another suggestion, please let me know. Again, no sounds, rattles, or bad performance when on the road, it's just when I start it up that I have this problem..and not all the time.
beemergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
ronnie38
AF Newbie

Re: sick 99 z3...need some help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemergirl View Post
I have a wonderfull 99 2.8L Z3, and lately it's been acting sick. Out of the blue, after starting it, it will seem like it wants to stop, but doesn't, and then takes forever to get to 20mph...you have to press really hard to get it to pick up, and then it will catch and drive fine. Then when starting it up, I have to press the gas pedal for it to catch, otherwise, it will stop. I think it may be the fuel filter, but if you have another suggestion, please let me know. Again, no sounds, rattles, or bad performance when on the road, it's just when I start it up that I have this problem..and not all the time.
Have the MAF cleaned, then check for a intake boots (there are two) for cracks/leaks. Check fuel pressure, and replace fuel filter if over 25K since last change.
ronnie38 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Z3