Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #16
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Like Hodo says, you have a very good (idiot light) battery charge light. Light on, problem. Light off, no problem.
You already have one of the sexiest cars on wheels which automatically puts you in the front of the line for picking up the other sex, but if you feel your lacking the skills to communicate with the other sex and feel you need a gage to overcome this then do it right and put in a set that well blow there mind as follows:
BMEP gage, Rearend Diff.oil temp. gage, Transmission oil temp gage, Brakepad temp. gage, Inlet air temp. gage, Dual wideband o2's with digital readout gages (this well add 2 more), Dual EGT gages (another 2 gages), Driveshaft RPM gage, Engine oil temp. gage, Lazer speed readout gage, Racing tach. with shift light, Fuel flow gage, Fuel pressure gage, Fuel temp. gage, AOA gage, Nos pressure gage and for the final act, a laptop connected to your ECU running in realtime so she can see everything thats going on and won't even notice your there.
If the car doesn't impress them, then one little 2 1/2" voltmeter won't eather.
As for me, my gages are shown below and it's all I need. But who am I to say, I don't know Jack Shit. Never met him.
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 10:46 AM   #17
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187
Re: No Battery Gauge !!! ?

180?!?!? all the z's i have seen only go up to 160.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 11:50 AM   #18
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: No Battery Gauge !!! ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonaleash1187
180?!?!? all the z's i have seen only go up to 160.

-Jared
I'll pull it out and change it then if it makes you happy. I have 1 with the 160, one with the 180 and the other nothing, been removed, goes too fast and scares the hell out of me. This is my slow one, my daily driver. The ones with the 180 MPH speedo's were special from Nissan with a few other different goodies for racing. This is for the benefit of the non believers of how fast a Zed well go, and this isn't it's top speed, just run out of room, but faster than a Vette.
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:27 PM   #19
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendertrust
ok ok fine for looks how bout that ? when ppl look into your car and see the gauge hanging from the column they think "wow that car has to have something cool in it to make it go faster" hey im a teen its all about looks, cheap price, how many girls i can pick up with my misleading upgrades
And it's automotive "enthusiasts" like this that need to be bitch slapped. It's not about how fast you can make people THINK your car is...it's about how fast you can actually make your car. You're one of the fucktards I see going down the road in their Pontiac Sunfire with 19" rims, full $25,000 body kit, 18" wing and an A:F ratio gauge, voltometer and oil pressure gauge on their A-pillar even though they don't really need ANY of that shit CUZ THEIR CAR'S A STOCK PEESASHIT...then they won't even race me...pussies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodo
At least then you actually did something for the car not TO the car.
That's one of the best statements I've heard in a long time...very well put, man. Do something for your car...not to it.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 02:23 PM   #20
rendertrust
AF Enthusiast

well if its all about speed then get a v8 dont spend your time modding a v6, personally its not about speed because money is the limit when it comes to speed and money is something i do not have, looks are easier to buy so for now i will have small eye candy but eventually i do plan on doing some real modifications to my Z, i hate sunfires !

id never get a rediculous rear spoiler, but i like those that come on TT maybe i will get one later, but whats the point to having a "sleeper" feel for your car if it already looks fast, might as well add some speedy looks. you forget im a kid im ignorant and my parents bought me the car

if theres anything i know its that i love my car more than i could ever love a v8 mustang/camaro, this car has become a part of me and i feel like i would never let it go... im sorry if i let down the repuation of the Z owners, now lets act a little more grown up and respect one another because we all have one thing in common, we all have Zeds

who's the most testosterone fueled Z owner you know ?

oh and Zgringo think you can help me out on installing my new red gauges, i need help on whether to take off certain screws
rendertrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:06 PM   #21
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted

Quote:
well if its all about speed then get a v8 dont spend your time modding a v6,
that was by far one of the most ignorant (uninformed) statements i have heard in a while. what makes you think that a v6 cant be fast, how about inline 4's that will run circles around mustangs? how about the new lotus coming with a 4-banger? these are all 4 cylinders. 350z has an n/a v6 that will burn britches off most v8's. displacement isnt everything.

but i somewhat agree with everything else you say. if you want a volts guage im not gonna call you stupid or anything, i think if your gonna spend the money, do it right and get some guages that you need or might need. as long as i dont see you driving your 300zx with a huge f***ing wide body kit, huge spoiler, some 20" spinners, and then getting your ass handed to you by a civic with intake and exhaust.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:28 PM   #22
rendertrust
AF Enthusiast

well either way money will get you a faster car whether its a v8 or a v12, and its not all about looks to me i want to upgrade my Z to make it beat the local Mach 1 because he has the bragging rights around here at the moment even though the car looks ugly, but i doubt he will ever race it even if he was going up against a v6 with only exhaust upgrade
testosterone !!!
Old 11-14-2004, 03:31 PM   #23
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

i wouldnt say that...i can buy a 350z for under 30,000 brand new, buy a greddy TT kit for 6,000 and add a few more upgrades and burn the hell out of corvettes all day. all for under 40,000...but this is a whole different conversation and argument. lets just stay on-topic.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 11-14-2004, 03:41 PM   #24
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Quote:
you forget im a kid im ignorant and my parents bought me the car
No...your first post demostrated that. I've got nothing against you, kid, but you kinda need to take a slightly different approach to this. Lose the "hey, I'm a kid so it's ok to be a moron" attitude and try to learn anything and everything about every aspect of cars you can. Save your money so you can do meaningful, worthwhile things to your car instead of wasting money on "things to get you girls"...we're here to help, man...just don't act stupid.

Quote:
if theres anything i know its that i love my car more than i could ever love a v8 mustang/camaro, this car has become a part of me and i feel like i would never let it go... im sorry if i let down the repuation of the Z owners, now lets act a little more grown up and respect one another because we all have one thing in common, we all have Zeds
This is probably more important than anything else...love your car. It pains me so to see people beat on their cars, don't change the oil for 2934687263490293874234 miles...whatever...people abuse cars and it drives me nuts. That's even worse than ricing a car out. I'd rather see a riced out, day glow orange, stock motored civic OWNED by a kid/person/whatever that actually cares and knows about it and takes good care of it than see someone that has a car handed to them by mommy and daddy and is either too ignorant or doesn't care so they up the boost on an otherwise stock engine to 25psi and, surprise surprise, it Chernobles on them...imagine that.

Quote:
well if its all about speed then get a v8 dont spend your time modding a v6
You're kidding, right? You have a lot to learn, man. Ok...here's something to start with:

Read up.

One of the fastest street legal production cars ever made...and it's a flat 6. Sequential turbo charged, intercooled, UNBELIEVABLE craftsmanship is put into each one of those cars. The Acura NSX...Pretty much EVERY Porsche ever made (the 928 was the ONLY V8 Porsche ever produced until the Cayenne SUV)...MKIV Supra...last gen Mazda RX-7...Z32...Z31...I can go on for hours about all the UNBELIEVABLY fast less-than-V8-powered cars out there. Displacement means very little...there are other ways to make power...it's all about which you prefer.

Can't forget this...

...I love it...don't dis the V6...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 05:44 PM   #25
rendertrust
AF Enthusiast

your wisdom has forever changed my life, i for some reason dont feel like getting the sealt belt pads as the next thing for my Z, im probly better off getting an oil change
Old 11-14-2004, 09:45 PM   #26
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

yes, change your oil. that is always a plus.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 10-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #27
donttreadonme
AF Newbie

i think you should by the battery gauge and install it. it can let you know when your alternator is going out by signs of poor charge. i have had it before and saw it going out i got it replaced before it went out and left me on the high way. mine charges at 16 volts until car warms up then 14 volts.

batteries it depends on wich ones you by. i bought me a cell battery from sears. had my carbreak down 3 months before i fixed it. then it started right back up no chargeing the battery at all it keep a 80 percent charge in it.

they cost a lot but its worth it to me. like when i left my lights on all night it still started right up so i made it to work on time. here is the link where i got mine at.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes
donttreadonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #28
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

hooray for 2 year old thread! in before the lock!
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #29
Eclipsewhipping
AF Regular

volt gauge is not something i think is mandatory on a car

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)