Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #16
kublah
AF Regular

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better...

All the hesitation is gone, my idle is back to where it should be, and I couldn't be happier. Time to go for a drive...
kublah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:45 PM   #17
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: Hesitation w/ throttle barely open

awesome man, good to hear you got her fixed.. now lets hope i can get mine fixed too and we'll be golden
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:44 PM   #18
kublah
AF Regular

Good luck with yours, I'm sure you'll get it straightened out.

I didn't quite realize it until today when I finally got to drive it around for a while with it running pretty much perfectly, but this car has really gotten into my head. I had a long dream last night about getting it back from the shop where it went back and forth between running perfect and hardly running at all, and then actually catching on fire a couple times. I was on the freeway and there were accidents happening all around me, and I was getting really paranoid about other people hitting me or vice versa. If something were to actually happen to it I would be really upset, and I'm not used to that kind of emotional attachment to my cars...
Old 08-04-2005, 03:06 AM   #19
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
another one is born!!!

anyways, did the mechanic happen to say Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) sensor??? was that the screw?
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #20
kublah
AF Regular

No, the TPS was fine. What I understood was that it was a screw somewhere in the throttle body itself that was missing and allowing something in there to move independently of wherever the throttle was. How this only affected the engine at 2K and slightly off idle is beyond me, but that's why I'm not an engineer.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:05 AM   #21
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kublah
No, the TPS was fine. What I understood was that it was a screw somewhere in the throttle body itself that was missing and allowing something in there to move independently of wherever the throttle was. How this only affected the engine at 2K and slightly off idle is beyond me, but that's why I'm not an engineer.
throttle adjustment screw was missing?
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 08-05-2005, 03:27 AM   #22
kublah
AF Regular

Well, they used the term "throttle body set screw" when I was talking to them about it on the phone. The work order reads "Left side throttle linkage screw missing" and "Replace left set screw as needed". I didn't have them get into any more detail than that.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:57 AM   #23
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Well, they used the term "throttle body set screw" when I was talking to them about it on the phone. The work order reads "Left side throttle linkage screw missing" and "Replace left set screw as needed". I didn't have them get into any more detail than that.
ok...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 08-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #24
probehtr300
AF Enthusiast

can you tell which screws or w/e are new ? mabe some pics so if anyone experiances that problem theyll know what to look at.

Past Z Car Crew

-josh
probehtr300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:10 PM   #25
kublah
AF Regular

Well, the car was back at the shop again today with a bad injector, so I had them show me what they replaced.

The screw is on the transverse rod that runs across the front of the engine and opens and closes the valves inside the throttle bodies. Just to the inside of the springs where the rod meets the throttle body, there is a little bracket with a connecting phillips head screw that is oriented vertically when the throttle is closed. That's the one that was missing.

I couldn't find a good pic, hopefully that explains it.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:51 AM   #26
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Well, the car was back at the shop again today with a bad injector, so I had them show me what they replaced.

The screw is on the transverse rod that runs across the front of the engine and opens and closes the valves inside the throttle bodies. Just to the inside of the springs where the rod meets the throttle body, there is a little bracket with a connecting phillips head screw that is oriented vertically when the throttle is closed. That's the one that was missing.

I couldn't find a good pic, hopefully that explains it.
yeah...i see what your talking about now. but that one isnt my problem but my symptoms were so very similar. damn Nissan and their bigillion sensors and crap...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 08-12-2005, 03:46 AM   #27
kublah
AF Regular

Re: Re: Hesitation w/ throttle barely open

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
damn Nissan and their bigillion sensors and crap...
You can say that again, but I guess that's the price we pay... I was pretty surprises when I found out what it actually was. It just didn't seem like something like that would cause the problems that I was having. I was totally expecting it to be a sensor or something like that.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #28
oakleyp2
AF Newbie

i had a slight off idle hesitation and poor performance with my 1990 300zx na 2+2 that i just bought. turned out to be the coolant temp sensor connector was all gunked up.
oakleyp2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)