Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 7 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
JustGotRippedOff
AF Newbie

I just got ripped off on a 750LI by Diamond Motor Sports in Scottsdale

I am from Las Vegas, and I flew to AZ to meet with John Paul in Scottsdale. It was not until I arrived in AZ did he disclose to me that the car I was buying had a lemon title. He said it did not affect anything and that all it meant was the manufacture bought it back and fixed an item on it so he gets it at a discounted price. After rushing me through the paperwork I signed a lemon disclosure releasing them of the liability. It was not until I got back to Las Vegas when I found out the car is worth THOUSANDS less because of the lemon title. I drove half way back to Las Vegas to get a call from John Paul telling me to come back to the dealership because we signed the wrong papers.The papers I signed were for a different car. So then I drove all the way back to resign new papers. After being rushed through these papers again, he failed to explain that the warranty and maintenance plan would expire in 6 MONTHS! He originally told me 18 months and showed me on the original paperwork....but then when i resigned he failed to tell me the new expiration date. So to get the warranty extended was another $4800 and to get the maintenance extended was another $2800. I wish that was the end of the story... NEXT less than a month after I bought the car I found out the car was in an accident that was never disclosed to me. John Paul at Diamond Motor Sports even showed me a carfax with no accidents on it. You can to this day print a carfax that says no accidents on it but I have had 4 mechanics confirm that there is a bent strut and a cracked front subframe and over spray from when it was half ass repaired. Both totaling over $4,000 to repair. Now I am out $11,600 because of the maintenance, warranty, and accident. I called them and said that this was not right but I would cover the warranty, maintenance, and the fact that it is a lemon because I should have read the paperwork more closely BUT I wanted them to help me with the cost of repairs for the accident that was not disclosed to me. After giving me the run around for 7 months they tell me "you are on your own..." and refused to help pay for ANYTHING. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. their cars are lemons, salvage titles, and cars that have been in accidents that they do not disclose. I am posting rip off reports, filing a complaint with the BBB, writting bad reviews for them, and contacting my attorney.

DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH DIAMOND MOTOR SPORTS. HERE IS THEIR INFO:
Diamond Motor Sports
15055 N Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Phone: 480-699-9965
Fax: 480-634-5465
Email: johnpaul@clickdiamond.net
JustGotRippedOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
dtownes
AF Newbie

Smile Re: I just got ripped off on a 750LI by Diamond Motor Sports in Scottsdale

Yeah I saw their website, thanks to your post I will not consider Diamond Motor Sports at all for future purchases. I just bought a 2008 750Li for $40,000 cash down in Miami FL. I live in Jacksonville,FL my brother is looking for a Land Rover don't know too much about them. NFL players live good all I have to say.
dtownes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
JustGotRippedOff
AF Newbie

Re: I just got ripped off on a 750LI by Diamond Motor Sports in Scottsdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownes View Post
Yeah I saw their website, thanks to your post I will not consider Diamond Motor Sports at all for future purchases. I just bought a 2008 750Li for $40,000 cash down in Miami FL. I live in Jacksonville,FL my brother is looking for a Land Rover don't know too much about them. NFL players live good all I have to say.
I am glad you read my post before doing business with them! They advertise all over the web mainly on autotrader.com They get these lemon and salvage cars so cheap that they usually have the lowest priced cars. Unfortunately, their ads don't disclose that the titles are either salvaged or lemons. They have quite a big scam going and have ripped off alot of people. If you google "diamond motor sports rip off" or "diamond motor sports scam" you can read other people reporting the same scam.

Good luck with finding the Land Rover, I would look on the autotrader.com but make sure to research the dealer you buy from.
JustGotRippedOff is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
diamond , motor , ripoff , scam , sports
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 7 Series