Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:00 AM   #16
esp
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to esp Send a message via MSN to esp Send a message via Yahoo to esp
Re: Re: Falken or Nitto? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
Yeah if you did it on the street then you're dumb. At least do it legally.

so explain to me if the road has a speed limit of 45 then how is it illegal to try and take the corner at 40?

know the facts before talkin smack

www.fotki.com/esp

THIS OG IS GONE retired for good. peace yall. create a crew for me
esp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 08:46 PM   #17
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Its illegal because you should be taking the corner @ 60mph+ damnit. or until the tires wont hold any longer

SilverY2k - of course the rep is gonna say they are the best tire on the market. Ask for set to test yourself!
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:00 PM   #18
CivicSiRacer
Civic Mod

Send a message via ICQ to CivicSiRacer Send a message via AIM to CivicSiRacer
Re: Re: Re: Falken or Nitto? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esp
so explain to me if the road has a speed limit of 45 then how is it illegal to try and take the corner at 40?

know the facts before talkin smack
Ok my bad. But that's nothing to boast about then I've taken plenty of corners at twice the speed limit.
Buy my Civic parts!
CivicSiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:31 AM   #19
thesamba
AF Newbie

Falken Ziex 512

I got a 02 accord V6. I switched the oem 205/65/15 to 215/50/17 Falken Ziex 512 and am very happy. These are about the best tires for the money, really. I've read lots of good reviews about them. When I originally considered buying 225/45/17 I found that the place I wanted to buy was on back order for several months. Very popular tire. For $94 a tire shipping included...there's no better tire out there tire.com <very low prices. Lower than on eBay.
thesamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 12:39 PM   #20
esp
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to esp Send a message via MSN to esp Send a message via Yahoo to esp
Re: Re: Re: Re: Falken or Nitto? What do you think?

Quote:
Ok my bad. But that's nothing to boast about then I've taken plenty of corners at twice the speed limit.

so ur saying that u are the one that is driving illegal then. i wasnt driving illegal i just stated that the speed limit was 45, the corner was posted for a recommended speed of 15mph, i took it at 40. simple as that. we done now?

www.fotki.com/esp

Old 09-19-2003, 05:23 PM   #21
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: Re: Re: Falken or Nitto? What do you think?

Quote:
Same here. As long as you KNOW the limits of your car and components, just becarful out there, cops don't like road rebels like us, no matter how much control we have of it.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:47 PM   #22
CivicSiRacer
Civic Mod

Send a message via ICQ to CivicSiRacer Send a message via AIM to CivicSiRacer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Falken or Nitto? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esp
so ur saying that u are the one that is driving illegal then. i wasnt driving illegal i just stated that the speed limit was 45, the corner was posted for a recommended speed of 15mph, i took it at 40. simple as that. we done now?
You brought this thread up after 1-2 weeks? And you 'ass'umed that I was on the street when I took the corner at twice the legal limit. Duh.
Buy my Civic parts!
CivicSiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 03:49 AM   #23
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Last time I checked, a cop can still write you up for doing "the speed limit" for a yellow recommended speed sign. I've seen it done on several occasions.

And by this rationale, I've taken turns at twice and a half the posted "recommended" speed. Try 70 around a 35mph curve of a freeway ramp. Not a regular, or even occasional thing, but it can be done.

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 09-20-2003, 09:24 AM   #24
esp
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Falken or Nitto? What do you think?

Quote:
You brought this thread up after 1-2 weeks? And you 'ass'umed that I was on the street when I took the corner at twice the legal limit. Duh.

wow

look again, cause it wasnt me who brought the thread up. again know that facts before talking again. cause it clearly looks to be the thesamba brought it up now doesnt it?

i just happened to see that u were flaming me again, so i chose to reply to your comments not thesamba's comments.

it would be in the best interest to just lock this thread

www.fotki.com/esp

Old 09-20-2003, 04:29 PM   #25
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: Falken or Nitto? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverY2KCivic
Last time I checked, a cop can still write you up for doing "the speed limit" for a yellow recommended speed sign. I've seen it done on several occasions.

And by this rationale, I've taken turns at twice and a half the posted "recommended" speed. Try 70 around a 35mph curve of a freeway ramp. Not a regular, or even occasional thing, but it can be done.

Only 70? There is a ramp by my house banked & long as hell(recommended 45mph) - you hit the ramp doing 60 or so - exit the corner @ 100+ - not sure what the speeds are in the corener because I dont have time to look.
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 09:54 PM   #26
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Re: Re: Falken or Nitto? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackasssi
Only 70? There is a ramp by my house banked & long as hell(recommended 45mph) - you hit the ramp doing 60 or so - exit the corner @ 100+ - not sure what the speeds are in the corener because I dont have time to look.
Yeah 70. I've hit it at 75 once (constant speed through out it), but it's a high cop area (ramp dumps directly onto a 50mph zone divided street) and I don't want to take my chances on it.

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 09-21-2003, 12:15 AM   #27
whiteracer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whiteracer Send a message via Yahoo to whiteracer
Re: Falken or Nitto? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverY2KCivic
and uh, where would this be? you know, if one of my friends wanted to try it?
Old 09-21-2003, 12:15 PM   #28
Dezoris
Mod for life

Send a message via AIM to Dezoris
I know I am late on this one but the Falken Azenis RS Sport are as close to a race tire as you can get, and they are affordable.

There are trade offs in tread wear and size restrictions, but the compared to any Nitto tire they are 100x better.

As for the comment with the AVS ES, good tire for the money, but won't hold up on the track like the AVS sport or the Azenis RS sport, the side wall and the compound of the AVS ES is more for the street.

The most affordable best performing street/track tires are IMO.

Falken Azenis RS Sport
Bridgestone Potenza S03 PP
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

There are others like the
BFG KD
Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar
etc.

But they don't before as well as the ones listed above for their price.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:50 PM   #29
Bambooseven
AF Enthusiast

Nitto 555's are WONDERFUL for 2 weeks, then you've got yourself a set of slicks hehe. the general consensus is go with azenis. out here at the street drags people have been known to consider having them as being "on tires". When setting up a race for my buddy this kid in a turbo si was like "give me space or let me run slicked up" and I was like "naw it's cool then" and started to walk away, then he came back and said "what if I ran on azenis, would that be ok?" hehe. good damn tires.
Bambooseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:51 AM   #30
dokutman
AF Newbie

Nitto Neo Gen

I recently purchased a set of Neo gen's for my accord v6. Went from stock 205/15's to 215/17's. I've used other performance tires in the past on other vehicles as well. These are good stiff tires, awesome traction wet or dry. Little more noise than stock, but not bad. So far I'm happy with them. Great for cornering. Cant attest to tread wear as they are fairly new. Can't imagine they could be much different than any other comparable tire.
dokutman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels