Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 02:02 AM   #16
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
For all you ITR/CTR rim fans out that that DON'T have $2000 for an axle conversion for the 5th lug, you might wanna look into these...

They are by no means the ones in the pic above, but they ARE almost identically the same thing, just not OEM. =/
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 10:30 AM   #17
Rice-Rocketeer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by fjt
Nahh, its just that like 80% of the ppl that gets the tie bar think "Ohh Im cool, i have a race car now, my tie bar says im fast"
Oh ok, cause it looked kinda creepy. I mean everyone that I saw had one. Which I thought was rather cool cause that implies that all these ppl have totally done up thier suspensions to the point where they EVEN got the bar. But I guess that was too good to be true

One more thing I wanted ask you is you ppl drive lowered compacts in PR? I mean I sometimes had trouble driving the roads in my dads friggin SUV!! The friggin potholes I went over in that thing would've KILLED my car. I went to El Yunque and around the fajardo area, some of the inclines that I drove over were seriously 45 degree angles. A friend of mine agreed, we would never be able to drive our cars there. But yet I saw a shitload of lowered honda's and mitsu's. How the hell do you do it?

One thing that did get to me was how EVERYONE drove a "hooked up" car there. I mean I went to Salinas, a friggin town with a population of like 10,000 and even there I swear I couldn't go a minute without seeing someone try to pimp something out. Even if they just had a cheap system and hubs. Over here we have a mix of normal ppl to ppl who pimp but shit, even Miami doesn't even compare to VAST majority of ppl trying to pimp whatever. It was kind of cool tho cause everywhere I went, I kind of felt I had something in common with them.

But I could tell you one thing I noticed, the Mirage is the puerto rican civic I even got to see the cream of the rican crop, old but fully restored toyotas with 3 rotor swaps and BIG ASS slicks in the back, I love PR
Old 02-26-2002, 11:40 AM   #18
fjt
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Rice-Rocketeer

One more thing I wanted ask you is you ppl drive lowered compacts in PR? I mean I sometimes had trouble driving the roads in my dads friggin SUV!! The friggin potholes I went over in that thing would've KILLED my car. I went to El Yunque and around the fajardo area, some of the inclines that I drove over were seriously 45 degree angles. A friend of mine agreed, we would never be able to drive our cars there. But yet I saw a shitload of lowered honda's and mitsu's. How the hell do you do it?

One thing that did get to me was how EVERYONE drove a "hooked up" car there. I mean I went to Salinas, a friggin town with a population of like 10,000 and even there I swear I couldn't go a minute without seeing someone try to pimp something out. Even if they just had a cheap system and hubs. Over here we have a mix of normal ppl to ppl who pimp but shit, even Miami doesn't even compare to VAST majority of ppl trying to pimp whatever. It was kind of cool tho cause everywhere I went, I kind of felt I had something in common with them.

Ha ha, we get to manage our roads .Its a thing of getting used to it and entering at the right angle. Yeah we do have lowered compacts(alot), mine is lowered and at first i hit constantlly the ground but now i barelly touch it cause i know(as the other ppl with lowered cars) exactlly how to take the road.
Man if you think we have bad roads you should go to Jamaica.You wouldn't drive you car in P.R. as i wouldn't even try to drive mine in Jamaican roads he he..
Probably the reason you saw so many hooked up cars at Salinas is beacuse there is where the Salinas SPEEDWAY track is. One of thw 2 most imp and crowded tracks in P.R.. Now that you mention all the hooked up cars there are in P.R. its sad that we don't have too many import car shows(just classic old car shows)

The mirage in Puerto Rico is like the "Ombligo" in a person.Everyone and their mother has one he he he..Curentlly Hondas and Mirages are the biggest enemies down here.If you get inot a light beside a mirage its almost shure that youre going to have "the looks" by each driver and its almost a sure race. We even have at the track Mitsu Vs. Honda exclusive events.
Quote:
But I could tell you one thing I noticed, the Mirage is the puerto rican civic I even got to see the cream of the rican crop, old but fully restored toyotas with 3 rotor swaps and BIG ASS slicks in the back, I love PR
He he i guess you saw alot of "bone stock looking" CRX's..he he. If you find one on the street your dead meat. Almost all of them are sleepers with lots of things under the hood he he..I would better race an integra than a crx LOL...I wouldn't lost by too much with the teg he he...I have a friend that had a TurboII RX7 and he got smoked pretty bad by a stock looking REX...

fjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 06:50 AM   #19
fjt
AF Enthusiast

Here is one more picture for you RiceRocketeer, a closer cleaner and better one.

fjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 10:02 PM   #20
1995HondaCivic
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to 1995HondaCivic
how would they have fake ITR rims? look at them, they are the exact same as their JDM counter part, just four lug.
Old 03-11-2002, 02:40 PM   #21
Rice-Rocketeer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by fjt
Here is one more picture for you RiceRocketeer, a closer cleaner and better one.[/IMG]
Ahh yes, 4 x 100 lug pattern. Thanx, I'd save it but I don't have a comp.

I gotta let you know the next time I goto PR so you can show me the hot spots

Quote:
Originally posted by 1995HondaCivic
how would they have fake ITR rims? look at them, they are the exact same as their JDM counter part, just four lug.
Not fake rims, fake Type R's. You know like the Accord Type R's and the Civic Type R's we have so plentiful in the good ole USofA. What's harder, getting a real ITR or getting an LS and getting stickers and some convincing looking rims for them?
Old 03-11-2002, 02:41 PM   #22
Rice-Rocketeer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by fjt
Here is one more picture for you RiceRocketeer, a closer cleaner and better one.
BTW, if anyone there doesn't want thier ITR rims anymore, let me know, I can get money
Old 03-11-2002, 11:05 PM   #23
madtownhonda
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to madtownhonda
Quote:
Originally posted by fjt

Those are the 4x114.3 wheels....there were never 4x100 ITR or CTR wheels
Old 03-12-2002, 05:13 PM   #24
Rice-Rocketeer
AF Enthusiast

Squooooze me. They looked like 4x100 because of the size of the inner H symbol.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:08 PM   #25
1993HondaCivic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by fjt

dont the civic HX rims look just like these, maybe smaller but basically same
Old 03-13-2002, 09:42 AM   #26
Rice-Rocketeer
AF Enthusiast

Yeah I was thinking that. Probably made by Enkie as well.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels