Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 04:56 AM   #1
warmonger
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to warmonger Send a message via Yahoo to warmonger
Assault On Monteagle

I am in the process of sewing up the final arrangements for the FLXX Assault on Monteagle. It is tentatively scheduled for Memorial Day weekend pending an OK by our guides. If you live in the southeastern US and would be interested in off-roading in TN, feel free to drop by the FLXX website at www.warmongr.com/flxx/ and/or board on XOC to keep up to date on the happenings. We will spend one day in Monteagle and one day in Windrock. Camping details are still being worked out and will be posted as soon as I get them.

Schlud,

Make sure to change the FLXX link on the web ring to the new address. I am going to post a link for a month or so in our old one to hold over for now.

warmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 08:40 AM   #2
Chris_McCracken
AF Regular

Sounds interesting, What type of trails are on their land? I've been on some fairly gnarly forest service & powerline trails in that area while on caving trips. I'm not too terribly interested in a mud-bog event, though.
Chris_McCracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 09:07 AM   #3
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
Gordon, did you get my email about the other ORV park in south central TN?

Brent
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 11:47 AM   #4
warmonger
AF Enthusiast

Brent,

Yes I did. I sent you a note a few days after I got back in town. We were offered a guided tour of Monteagle with whatever type of off-roading we felt we could handle. It saves me the hassle of making several familiarizing trips to TN and TOR has been totally awesome in the organization aspect. We are going to have to move away from Memorial Day though thanks to the Rosser Roundup. I am looking to see if a plant tour is going on this year and see if I can make the two come together. If there are stocker trails available in Monteagle and I can make the dates work and have the blessing of the tour planners, it just may come together in a big way. That way those of us who like to play seriously can and those who don't can still enjoy the trails.

BTW, Monteagle is one of the top rock crawling spots in the eastern US.

Old 02-02-2002, 09:15 AM   #5
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Never got it, weird. Anyway, any plans to check it out?

Brent
Old 02-02-2002, 01:06 PM   #6
warmonger
AF Enthusiast

Brent,

We will be heading up to Windrock in March for a pre-run with some locals. I have several VERY large Jeeps going with us as tour guides. I need to see what our smaller trucks can handle there and what they can't. It will be a whirlwind tour since I will only have one day to look over Windrock. But it will include a trip to Rattle Rock while there. I just need to scope trails, get GPS readings and photos to bring back home. You are welcome to join us if you like. There will probably only be maybe three or four trucks in that contingent short of who comes with the Windrock folks. We will have dates set before too long on when we are going.

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX
Never got it, weird. Anyway, any plans to check it out?

Brent

Old 02-02-2002, 04:25 PM   #7
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

I wasn't talking about Windrock. I was talking about "Wheelin in the Country" in Summertown, TN.

Brent
Old 02-03-2002, 06:54 AM   #8
warmonger
AF Enthusiast

That may be in the future. You aren't the only one to recommend that area. We just have a limited time and have already made plans for the other areas. You are still welcome to join us on March 23rd for Windrock if you like. I am still working out details for the Assault on Monteagle but you are welcome to join us there as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX
I wasn't talking about Windrock. I was talking about "Wheelin in the Country" in Summertown, TN.

Brent

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail