Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
Chieflongshin
AF Newbie

SKYLINE ER34 street

Found this kit on hobbylink and thought i would give it a whirl. Pretty easy kit to be fair after my last one which was a Toms supra. The paint is gun metal which looks better in the flesh than here. The kit came with three sets of wheels and loads of optional extras which was good for the parts box, few cool decals too.

Opted to go for five spokes in white to give some contrast to model. Interior i have put the cage in blue, carried this over onto calipers and the belts etc.

Just need to add spoiler which i think will be semi gloss black and then add wing mirrors followed by a cut and polish to work the clear coats back a bit.

Comments welcome. Get this one finished then its onto an r32 veilside
Chieflongshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
xpeed
AF Enthusiast

Re: SKYLINE ER34 street

It's not bad, but the fit on the roof is just awful. Was it warped when you got it?

Lexus LF-A Roadster Concept with my bodykit design

"Current Projects"
Nismo Kure GT-R - 0% Sileighty/Onevia - 35%/25%, MCR R34 GT-R - 10%, R34 JGTC Xanavi - 30%, JGTC Raybrig NSX - 0%, 2009/2011 WRX STi - 50%/0%, D1GP Kazama S15 - 55%, Toyota Celica - 2%, Calsonic Z Super GT - 0%, Calsonic R32 GT-R Race car - 5%, C-West RX-7 - 40%, Nismo 350Z 5%, Blitz Chaser - 90%.... a lot of unfinished work.
xpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
Marianitem
AF Regular

I like the street look of this one. It would be great if you can fix the glass-to-roof fitting issue. The rest of the build deserves it. Hope to see it finished soon.

Is it the Nomura kit? Which year version? And what are the optional extras? How is the overall fit of parts (other than the roof issue)? And is that the OOB ride height?
Iīve been about to buy this kit for a year now and still canīt decide.

2002 Nismo R34 GT-R Z-Tune "PS2 Gran Turismo version"
1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R R32
1989 Nissan Fairlady Z 300zx (z32)
1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R r33
1993 Honda Civic FnF
Marianitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
star21
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianitem View Post
I like the street look of this one. It would be great if you can fix the glass-to-roof fitting issue. The rest of the build deserves it. Hope to see it finished soon.

Is it the Nomura kit? Which year version? And what are the optional extras? How is the overall fit of parts (other than the roof issue)? And is that the OOB ride height?
Iīve been about to buy this kit for a year now and still canīt decide.
The kit looks like the newly released URAS ER34 Skyline kit (basically the re-issued and re-branded Blitz ER34 Skyline kit).

The URAS kit actually comes with 3 sets of wheels! (Blitz Z2, Blitz Z4, and stock R34 GT-R wheels)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10144433
star21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:27 AM   #5
Chieflongshin
AF Newbie

It is the URAS kit yes. I agree on the roof it is horrendous but i'm not really sure how to fix this to be honest. I guess the kit must be warped looking at it which sucks
Old 07-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
Marianitem
AF Regular

For the roof, Iīm not sure what to do to fix it now that itīs painted. If I were at the fit test stage Iīd try to correct it by pressing/twisting/bending and keeping it in position for a good while for the plastic to "get shape memory" (donīt know how to translate my words here), just the simpler way. In your case it looks like the roof moved to the right, making the top right angle smaller than the top left. Iīd try to force the roof to the left and try to force the top right angle to "open up" a bit. Anyway, analize the posible consequences and do at your own risk.
At this point maybe you can give that way a try, but be gentle not to ruin the paint work which looks better everytime I look at it.

Itīs great how a simple bodykit for the lower part works just perfect, and the color combo is buying me.

Now, if you go for a black GT style wing, Iīd make the horizontal wing and maybe the posts (depending on shape) in matt or satin black, and keep the vertical side parts of the wing in body color. I think that would give it a sporty look, but keeping it kind of refined.

One more thing: whatīs that "gold line" on the lower edge of the windshield?

1993 Honda Civic FnF
The Following User Says Thank You to Marianitem For This Useful Post:
Chieflongshin (07-14-2011)
Old 07-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
Chieflongshin
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianitem View Post
For the roof, Iīm not sure what to do to fix it now that itīs painted. If I were at the fit test stage Iīd try to correct it by pressing/twisting/bending and keeping it in position for a good while for the plastic to "get shape memory" (donīt know how to translate my words here), just the simpler way. In your case it looks like the roof moved to the right, making the top right angle smaller than the top left. Iīd try to force the roof to the left and try to force the top right angle to "open up" a bit. Anyway, analize the posible consequences and do at your own risk.
At this point maybe you can give that way a try, but be gentle not to ruin the paint work which looks better everytime I look at it.

Itīs great how a simple bodykit for the lower part works just perfect, and the color combo is buying me.

Now, if you go for a black GT style wing, Iīd make the horizontal wing and maybe the posts (depending on shape) in matt or satin black, and keep the vertical side parts of the wing in body color. I think that would give it a sporty look, but keeping it kind of refined.

One more thing: whatīs that "gold line" on the lower edge of the windshield?

I've started working on the wing now and trying to do a little polishing on the car. I think with the wing on it will improve the car a little more.

The gold line is me being an amateur window painter. This is the one area that no matter how meticulously i mask it off i screw it up so i masked and used a permanent marker which just isnt dark enough when presented with light.

I suck at painting window trims.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Marianitem
AF Regular

Haha. Donīt worry. Maybe you can fix it from outside? Black decal? Brand decal? Dunno.

Next time you can try a soft tip permanent ink Sharpie-like marker. You donīt even need to mask for that and is SO quick!
Iīve been hand brush-painting for years now, no masking for that neither. Itīs not that difficult even with my not so steady hands.

1993 Honda Civic FnF