Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #16
xpeed
AF Enthusiast

Re: For those who have built Tamiya Z34 (370Z)

I guess some people only know how to build models but don't know anything about cars in general. =|

The factory bulb is orange. The ones you see on youtube are aftermarket bulbs. People change bulb colors on their cars many times but out of factory, it's orange. The 370Z indicator bulb is orange. The reflector around it is clear. The bottom part is just a plastic orange reflector which is required by transportation law for cars to have.

Lexus LF-A Roadster Concept with my bodykit design

"Current Projects"
Nismo Kure GT-R - 0% Sileighty/Onevia - 35%/25%, MCR R34 GT-R - 10%, R34 JGTC Xanavi - 30%, JGTC Raybrig NSX - 0%, 2009/2011 WRX STi - 50%/0%, D1GP Kazama S15 - 55%, Toyota Celica - 2%, Calsonic Z Super GT - 0%, Calsonic R32 GT-R Race car - 5%, C-West RX-7 - 40%, Nismo 350Z 5%, Blitz Chaser - 90%.... a lot of unfinished work.
xpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
ales
Forza Schumacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpeed View Post
I guess some people only know how to build models but don't know anything about cars in general. =|
I wouldn't say that, really. In the sense that it's probably true but doesn't necessarily apply here. This is a new car with a modern headlight cluster and without some research you can't be expected to know what's what in there.

Veering off topic for a second, I've been into cars for all my life and whatever I know about cars has definitely helped with the hobby of building scale models of them. It works both ways, however, because when I see something interesting in a model I often try to research what it is/how it works on the real car. Now I know where the front turn signal is on the Z34

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
ales is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ales For This Useful Post:
blubaja (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #18
turbothirtytwo
AF Regular

orange boomerang part is just reflecting piece of plastic. seem that all newer japaneese cars have it coz I have lancer GT and there is turn signal inside of light and reflecting orange piece at outside of light
turbothirtytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #19
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
And you know what these people tells to you ???

Fortunately for us, poor ignorant stupid people, there are always some exceptional intelligent large mouth to show us in a painful effort of contempt and arrogance how they know better than anyone else.

So you, so scientist you think you are, would you like to explain how not knowing where is the turn signal of the 370Z could be "knowing anything about cars in general" ???

I could give you dozens of answers about cars you even don't think about, but I have more respect and good sens than you with people sharing questioning and trying to find answers to them and how to bring them to these persons, which should be the spirit of the forum.

But the only spirit this forum is becoming to have is contempt and arrogance and complete non respect of people questioning...!!

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rallymaster For This Useful Post:
crisjr (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #20
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales View Post
I wouldn't say that, really. In the sense that it's probably true but doesn't necessarily apply here. This is a new car with a modern headlight cluster and without some research you can't be expected to know what's what in there.

Veering off topic for a second, I've been into cars for all my life and whatever I know about cars has definitely helped with the hobby of building scale models of them. It works both ways, however, because when I see something interesting in a model I often try to research what it is/how it works on the real car. Now I know where the front turn signal is on the Z34
the most we will see such contempting considerations of questioning and sharing it here posted the most many will give up trying to find benefit in others knowledeges...

Old 05-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #21
crisjr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to crisjr

Jesus, guys.. it was just a question.. unfortunately i don't have a 370Z on my garage, so i can't go there and check where the f... is the signal lights..

I don't care about search and ask about something that i'm not sure, as Rallymaster said, this is the spirit of the forum, share knowledge, share doubts, discuss, argue. Yes.. it's on manual where the signal lights is .. but also.. there are many things that is not correct on the same manual..

Think that this discussion is over.. moderators could close this thread before it goes to another way than the modeling subject ..
Old 05-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #22
ales
Forza Schumacher

Dude (Phil), calm down.

What I meant (and in fact said) is that there are indeed some people here who know little about real cars, it's just a fact, but the hobby helps them learn. It also helps people who do know real cars quite well to learn new things. It helped me learn where the 370Z turn signal is. What exactly do you disagree with here? I feel you took what I said completely wrong.

Granted, when I replied to xpeed I sort of thought he was talking about himself (at that point his post only had the part that I quoted).

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
ales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #23
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Granted, when I replied to xpeed I sort of thought he was talking about himself (at that point his post only had the part that I quoted).
Are you sincerely so naive to think so ??
and now you have the complete nature of his post, don't you feel a little difference enough not to quote and validate or correct once done ??

Quote:
Dude (Phil), calm down.

What I meant (and in fact said) is that there are indeed some people here who know little about real cars, it's just a fact, but the hobby helps them learn. It also helps people who do know real cars quite well to learn new things. It helped me learn where the 370Z turn signal is. What exactly do you disagree with here? I feel you took what I said completely wrong.
What I took really wrong is the sentence you validated and confirmed by quoting it whereas he's author even doesn't know who are the persons he's talking about with so much contempt...!!
You probably wasn't thinking to me but seeing what he refers to I'm sure the sentence was for me, and even if not but for Cris, it can only be worse !!!

That only shows one thing I'm regreting hard and already mentioned: questioning and asking information is something that should make us feel guilty of ignorance and such kind of pretended stupidity regarding some members as much pretended knowledge and skills !!!

that's exactly contrary of what I discovered here when I decided to register a few years ago !!
And most of all, that's sad !

and if that still makes sence to react on the matter and not the maner, could anyone explain why we should justify about cars knowledges to build scale models ???

PS: I'm very calm !! but completely disappointed of the tone this forum takes...
and well thinking I believe I won't post anymore any kind of try to help (you recently did take advantage of my willingly help and pics share too if not wrong uhh ?? so you should know how this has sens for me), if it brings so much troubles and only serves unrespecfull big mouth members.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Phil, you've got to forgive xspeed.
Y'see, he simply knows way too much about cars and is never, ever wrong about anything so he all too easily forgets that us mere mortals can't possibly know anywhere as much as he does.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #25
xpeed
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymaster View Post
And you know what these people tells to you ???

Fortunately for us, poor ignorant stupid people, there are always some exceptional intelligent large mouth to show us in a painful effort of contempt and arrogance how they know better than anyone else.

So you, so scientist you think you are, would you like to explain how not knowing where is the turn signal of the 370Z could be "knowing anything about cars in general" ???

I could give you dozens of answers about cars you even don't think about, but I have more respect and good sens than you with people sharing questioning and trying to find answers to them and how to bring them to these persons, which should be the spirit of the forum.

But the only spirit this forum is becoming to have is contempt and arrogance and complete non respect of people questioning...!!

Well, I'm sorry that I insulted you in any way and it wasn't directed towards you. Just to let you know, I work with cars both as a hobby and career so I believe I do know my way around cars. That and I have several friends who own a 370Z. Plus, if you knew how cars are designed and functions, it's pretty much self explanatory if you look at the picture how a signal bulb will look like in a headlight. Just saying.

If you think you know more about cars than me, than please, let's test that out.

drunken monkey You're right in a way. I think I know a lot of stuff about cars then I take credit for. I'm here to help so if any of you guys have questions regarding a certain car, ask away. If I don't know, I'll admit it, BUT I will find that answer for you. All I'm saying is that if you know your way around cars, the mechanics, and design, it's pretty straight forward what each part of the car does and where each different parts are located.

In no way was my comment meant to disrespect members here. You have to forgive me though, I tend to say things pretty straight forward and it's hard to grasp the feeling of my comment on the internet.

Oh and, here's a pic reference of the signal bulb turned on.

"Current Projects"
Nismo Kure GT-R - 0% Sileighty/Onevia - 35%/25%, MCR R34 GT-R - 10%, R34 JGTC Xanavi - 30%, JGTC Raybrig NSX - 0%, 2009/2011 WRX STi - 50%/0%, D1GP Kazama S15 - 55%, Toyota Celica - 2%, Calsonic Z Super GT - 0%, Calsonic R32 GT-R Race car - 5%, C-West RX-7 - 40%, Nismo 350Z 5%, Blitz Chaser - 90%.... a lot of unfinished work.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #26
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry that I insulted you in any way and it wasn't directed towards you. Just to let you know, I work with cars both as a hobby and career so I believe I do know my way around cars. That and I have several friends who own a 370Z. Plus, if you knew how cars are designed and functions, it's pretty much self explanatory if you look at the picture how a signal bulb will look like in a headlight. Just saying.

If you think you know more about cars than me, than please, let's test that out.

drunken monkey You're right in a way. I think I know a lot of stuff about cars then I take credit for. I'm here to help so if any of you guys have questions regarding a certain car, ask away. If I don't know, I'll admit it, BUT I will find that answer for you. All I'm saying is that if you know your way around cars, the mechanics, and design, it's pretty straight forward what each part of the car does and where each different parts are located.

In no way was my comment meant to disrespect members here. You have to forgive me though, I tend to say things pretty straight forward and it's hard to grasp the feeling of my comment on the internet.

Oh and, here's a pic reference of the signal bulb turned on.

Funny to see how modesty is the principal quality of "those who know" and are here to teach us but I'll take consideration of your excuses and let you the doubt benefit, because I have to be a nice guy if I want t obe treated like a nice guy !

Nevertheless, contempt and arrogance wasn't probably you intention but that's was pointing out such way to qualify other people... I don't know how much you know or pretend to or other pretend it for you, great, sincelrely I don't care because I don't want to have to judge in any way or form, but you don't know me either, so don't judge me neither!
You should remember a thing: you surely wasn't born knowing all your knwoledges, so you learnt, and if you did someone had to teach you things. Hopping for you it wasn't with so much arrogance I (wrongly ?) saw in your answer...

And contrary to what you seem to understand I'm not pretending I know more things than you on cars, butI surely know some things you don't, and if you wanna test no problem, but I'm not talking about mechanic, which is another section of the forum, we aren't here to build real cars, I don't care how works the real car more than what every "normal" person knows, that doesn't build my models which have to stay models, and when I need more or want to go further I ask, exactly as Cris did here, even if it seems ridiculous for those who knows (which is the precise base of respect !)
but I probably know more things about cars history or brands than the common people and was respected for that on other french forums, but most of all, respected because I never treated bad those who knows less than myself and always share with pleasure and always without any arrogance or contempt or self sufficiency...
And that's what (justified or not) I found in your answer... I saw it only as an answer of someone who wanted to show how much more he knows compared to others complete ignorants...

there is a african proverb I better know in french and which translation is over my english skills (hidden sens behind words) but you may try it, it says:
"pour être grand il faut savoir rester petit"

And don't worry or doubt, we always are the idiot of another scientist !
(which shouldn't perfectly mean the french sens too but must be undertandable)

That's the main key point of any knowledges share and teach, well it's how I see things myself...
Even if I should be called last humanist on earth

I never learnt so much anywhere else than here on AF, and I also always shared all I could/can, and I can assume nobody could say I did it with arrogance or contempt, or even to show how I know (I confused so often too and make mistake, as everybody)...
the only thing I hope/wait/need, especially while trying to help (shall I remain you I was trying to help Cris, and finally brang the right answer ?? not bad for a complete ignorant, uhh ?? ) is the same respect and consideration.
that's all.
I'm ot here to compete on my skills or knowledges blah blah blah but to have fun and spend nice moments of passion....

But if you're so much a car bible and just for fun (I swear just for fun) what could you tell me about that car ? dfo you even recognize it ? it has a special name which history you could tell us...

Old 05-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #27
xpeed
AF Enthusiast

^ At first I didn't know what car that was and I'd admit I didn't know but I did my research and it's a Monica 560, made in 1973. Only 8 were ever made for production. I'm not much of a car bible guy. I'm more of the mechanical knowledge, design type of guy.

Like I said, if I don't know, I'll admit it but I will research it and find the answer for you. As for your proverb, "pour être grand il faut savoir rester petit". I agree. Like I said, it's hard to convey your true intent on the comment by typing it up instead of saying it in person and I definitely did not mean anything bad about my comment to people.

Espoir nous pouvons être amis.

"Current Projects"
Old 05-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #28
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
^ At first I didn't know what car that was and I'd admit I didn't know but I did my research and it's a Monica 560, made in 1973. Only 8 were ever made for production. I'm not much of a car bible guy. I'm more of the mechanical knowledge, design type of guy.
You scored one point !!
there was a clue, the name of the car was in the pic web address !!
The funny thing about this almost totally unknown car is its name, "MONICA" which comes from brand creator jean Tastevin's wife named "Monique" (french translation of Monica you got it).
Jean Tastevin was involved in trains industry.
Deciding to create his own car he asked Williams & Pritchard workshops to design the car, but not satisifed by the result he finally asked to a young unknwon romanian designer to give the car a new look, Tony Rascanu.
after that the famous Henri Chapron (car body modifier probably more knwon here in France but quite famous for his work on citroen DS) or Vignale were in charge to build a small serie.
With Vignale death, Tastevin finally asked Airflow Streamlines in UK to produce the car, which final version was shown for first time in Paris automotive world saloon. (correct word??)
Another noticeable point at that time is its engine, which simply is a formula 1 V8 engineered by Ted Martin !!
Too weak and complicated, the F1 origin engine is finally replaced by a 5.6l Chrysler block which gives its final name in 73 Paris salon, "Monica 560".
But 73 is the petroleum crisis time, project is given up after only 17 models are built (plus a few bodies only but most of them were forgotten here and there without complete car to fit).

this is myself the kind of things I try to know about automotive and like to share with other passionated fans here and there.
Mechanic isn't my cup of tea and my skills domain, I like to learn but theory is boring in mechanic for me...

Quote:
Like I said, if I don't know, I'll admit it but I will research it and find the answer for you. As for your proverb, "pour être grand il faut savoir rester petit". I agree. Like I said, it's hard to convey your true intent on the comment by typing it up instead of saying it in person and I definitely did not mean anything bad about my comment to people.

Espoir nous pouvons être amis.
I agree, and I know my English could be the problem to be well understand and sometimes to get the true sens and tone of some posts.
I also sometimes take things badly simplly because I've seen so many unrespectful people ruining all other work in forum where I've been member or mod that I can't contain myself to react each time I (believe to) see that...

And yes, of course we can be friends !

if you have great automotive stories to share like Monica's one, don't hesitate !

Old 05-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #29
xpeed
AF Enthusiast

That was a great history background. I enjoyed reading it to be honest. Thanks for that info. I like learning about forgotten cars and its history. If you have any questions regarding certain design or mechanics, let me know.

"Current Projects"