Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
timetol00t12
AF Newbie

Canadian Car dealerships are scams.

I have been living in the Toronto area for 10 years, and bought 6 cars here and i must say, all the dealership never fail to disappoint me. They give the worst resale value, worst customer service and really expensive cars. Let me share a story. Back in July 2011, I bought a 2004 Nissan Quest S. I bought it for $9000 with tax and everything and only had 120,000k (77050 miles). Yesterday I was on carpages.com looking for some good deals on used cars and found a Nissan Quest SE with leather gps and everything for $1000 + tax, it had 134,000 km or 83263 miles my car has 133km, it was costing me about $11300 in total, good deal? I thought so too. I called them and they guy said he can give me a good trade so come on down 30km 18 miles and he will look over it. When i arrived there, i took the car for a test drive, and looked good. We sat down to discus and they guy was giving me $3000 for my car. My car has no problems or anything, its fully certified. What a scam, i thought the guy was mental so i left. Then i saw all the other expensive Honda Odyssey's in the area so i looked a bit further, I found one for $5400 and only 136000 km or 84506 miles, the guy said he will give me full trade so I drove 6 hours east and the French guy offered $2000 for my car. I gave up and looked in USA. Found a quest SE for just 8000 with 89000 miles so i called em. Drove 2 hours, and the guy offered $7100 for my car. I agreed and now process is under way. You might think my car is bad, nope its not its just Canadian Dealerships are lame. I once sold a 2007 Dodge Caravan with 79000 km or 49088 miles for $4000 to a dealer for a new chevy silvarado and the next week dealer put the same car up for $7999, he said he has a lot of expenses. If u agree with my story, share ur experience!
timetol00t12 is offline   Reply With Quote