Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #1
camaromaniac
AF Enthusiast

camaro

look at sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Sport 92
Dont get me wrong though i'd love a Lt1 in my Camaro even if it had Richard Simmons strapped onto my hood naked..
camaromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
sv650s
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to sv650s Send a message via MSN to sv650s
Re: camaro

looks alright. But they should have still hired that kid that made a photoshop and posted it around claiming that it was the new camaro concept. i mean look at it!

Old 01-08-2006, 01:19 PM   #3
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422

I like the "muscle car" look much better than the newer concept.
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #4
tuske427
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tuske427

I don't think much of it. IMO- It's bland at best, and too late to make an impact. GM's been hurting lately and while they used to be a trend setter, now they are struggling just to keep up. As a company, they need to make some reliable efficient cars to gain their market share back. It's been steadily declining over the years, and it's hurting their business. Unfortunately, cars in ths market segment just aren't "bread and butter" cars. they dont' sell the volume to keep the company afloat. For the return of the camaro- I think they should make a new car. New design, new style, etc... The retro craze is a decade old now, and for GM to now be in the concept phase is just too late. by the time they get this car into production the current mustang will have been out for 4-5 years, and Ford will likely be working on yet a new design. (This doesn't count other "retro cars like the Viper, Prowler, PT cruiser, Beetle, T-bird, etc) Dodge will probably get their Challenger concept out before Chevy gets their camaro out, if they even decide to move forward with it. I read something that all the other rwd cars in the works were dropped except the GTO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see that GM has taken an effort to think about a Camaro, spend money and unveil a concept to generate public interest, but I think they need to focus their efforts more and make a new, trend setting vehicle. They need a vehicle that will continue to generate strong sales, instill buyer confidence that GM can make a reliable car again and gain market share. I don't think this company and this car are capable of that at this time. Especially when GM drops other rwd platforms in the works, has subsideries declare bankruptcy, they continue to lose market share in sales, and they unveil a concept car based on a decade old styling trend.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:53 AM   #5
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

when GM drops other rwd platforms in the works

Actually GM revised rwd plans last September.

Chevy may make a new rwd Impala by 2009.

The new Camaro concept is a heritage design, imo. It draws styling from the 1969 Camaro while using new cues. I see some Corvette C6 in it. The cylinder-deactivation in the LS2 gives it 30 mpg on the highway.

The new Dodge Challenger is retro. It looks a lot like a 1970 Challenger, but without the long front overhang and tucked-in wheels. The Challenger concept is 11.6 inches longer than the Camaro concept at 197.8 inches.

I saw the VW Bettle at the L.A. auto show in 1998, but I didn't find it exciting. The Camaro concept is just plain hot.

While sales of full-size suvs went down in 2005, the build quality of GMs' new suvs is much better than the models that they replace that I saw at the L.A. auto show.

Autoweek.com

1/13/2006

BEST IN SHOW: Chevrolet Camaro Concept

Only twice in AutoWeek's long and illustrious tradition of awarding favorite auto show models with big, fat, shiny trophies has a car won by unanimous vote. The first? That would be the Porsche Boxster concept back in 1993, which puts this Chevrolet Camaro in pretty darn good company. We certainly aren't alone in our admiration. At one point during the press preview, it looked as though the number of top-tier designers from competing automakers outnumbered members of the media swarming about the car. That had to have the bow-tie brass smiling. And if the 400-hp Corvette LS2 6.0-liter V8 found under the concept's hood makes its way into a production rendition, we will be smiling right along with them. Of course we have to wait a few years to see if it really happens. Fingers crossed.

Another award for the new Camaro concept

Ed Welburn, General Motors Vice President of Global Design, proudly displays the Eyes On Design Best Concept Implementation Award for the Chevrolet Camaro at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan on Tuesday, January 10, 2006.

Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

the only thing i really don't like about it is the rear end. if the car is based on a 69, it should have had the rectangular tail lamps not the corvette lamps. the back shouldn't have been that rounded either. overall, the car is awsome but i don't think it will be cheap when it goes into production.
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain
ZL1power69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 03:28 AM   #7
IcESouL
AF Enthusiast

not a fan of the camaro but i like the spy pic on http://www.modernracer.com/spyshots/spyshots.html better
sorta similar to the photoshop
IcESouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

The Camaro concept has rectangular taillamps of the first generation Camaro.

1967 Camaro

Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:50 PM   #9
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

I love it. The new Challenger as well.
Filthy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #10
Lafarga
AF Newbie

Eh, I don't really like it. The front and rear end could use some work. It looks rather bland. I think that the 98-02 Camaro's were better looking.
Lafarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #11
FlippiN.af
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FlippiN.af Send a message via MSN to FlippiN.af Send a message via Yahoo to FlippiN.af

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv650s

I like this "look" for the Camaro better then the one shown at the Detroit Auto Show. Then again that one also looked alright.

http://mks-7zdesigns.com
FlippiN.af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
iPoddity
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to iPoddity

i think the concept is a nice evolution of the 1969 design without really being retro

think of the 911 or the 3 series. they bear strong resemblence to there ancestors while still being modern

thats what i see in the new camaro, and thats what i like about it

In The Works
Audio:
replace stock speakers with Pioneers, plus two tweeters built into the dash or doors. costume sub box in place of center console, still picking subs, probably a pair of eights
Engine & Suspension: Ram air intake, Daul side exhaust, ignition and wires, hoter cam if available, need to learn how to port heads, some kind of cute dress up kit. lowering springs, stiffer shocks, and tie bars, and wheels (Weld Racing perhaps)
iPoddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #13
MonsterBengt
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoddity
think of the 911 or the 3 series. they bear strong resemblence to there ancestors while still being modern
I cant say i agree with you on the 3series, if you mean the new gen
MonsterBengt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:55 AM   #14
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422

what engine are they droppin in that beast?
G-man422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #15
Ultrashock
AF Regular

400HP LS2 Aluminum Small Block V8
Jasper engine, Rebuilt tranny + rearend

04 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
43,000 miles
Ultrashock is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts