Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #1
brocklanders05
AF Newbie

2005 Envoy XL keyfob and rear hatch issue

Hey guys (and girls)-

Vehicle info:

2005 GMC Envoy XL (4.2 I6 with 72k miles)

So the issue is that the key fobs will stop working intermittently (Both of them, not a battery issue). When this happens, I can't get the rear hatch open unless I pop it the manual way via screwdriver. So after googling the issue, it looks like it could be the liftgate module or rear hatch module which controls the rear hatch and the key fobs. I checked the fuses under the driver side rear middle seat and all
is good there.

Some also mentioned that it could be the wiring in the rear hatch door. What stumps me is that this issue happens on and off. Yesterday they didn't work, today they did. Do modules "slowly" start to go or is this more of a symptom of a loose connection? Either way how do I fix and what do I do - if wiring, where do I look? I did look at the wiring in the hatch and it looks fine, but how would one know if the wiring is an issue? Much help needed as I don't want to pay mucho money to a shop to "digg" for the answer. Much thanks in advance!

brocklanders05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
gm retiree
AF Newbie

Re: 2005 Envoy XL keyfob and rear hatch issue

In my process of diagnosing for this same problem I have located a bare wire at the rear gate latch harness/ body connection I could see this only from underneath the headliner as it passes thru to the liftgate there was no protection and the wire routing too tight I am going to try and have the latch gate module reprogramed before I go ahead and replace it This was certainly my battery drain and my rear wiper motor fuse from heating up
gm retiree is offline   Reply With Quote