Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Other Models
Other Models Discussions about all Hyundai models not specifically mentioned go here
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:25 PM   #46
dayz_4u
AF Newbie

Re: Stellar CXL 2.0

Hi
I have a hyundai stellar, my mother had it for about 20yrs now and she gave it to me. I am currently fixing it, changed the engine recently. Hope to repaint it next year. I will post some pictures of it soon.
dayz_4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:32 PM   #47
dayz4u
AF Newbie

Hi i am looking for rear and front lights for my hyundai stellar 2.0, if anyone knows where i can get this plz let me know. thx

Last edited by dayz4u; 12-09-2006 at 09:24 AM.
dayz4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #48
kborutski
AF Newbie

Late 80's model Stellar was my first and only purchase..talked into it by my older brother who owned one of the first model Stellars in Canada..Everyone thought he was nuts..

I loved that old car...put over 500K on it..EXCELLENT Winter car..rear wheel drive and all..solid runner, excellent gas mileage..easy to work on...

Only issue I haven't heard mentioned in forum was the pilot bearing problems they had on some of the 5 speeds..fairly common problem..but if I found another one, I'd buy it in a minute
kborutski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #49
Arthur Dentures
AF Newbie

I might have some rear light from an 86.
Arthur Dentures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #50
SeymoAm
AF Newbie

I once was an ower of the 87 Stellar! It was my first car and I loved it despite all the headache it caused me. I bought it through the classifides for $500 and it lasted me almost 2 years and a good 30k clicks.. Unfortunately just this past Wednesday (Oct 10th 07) while i was driving with my 1 year old daughter, it caught fire and combusted!!
SeymoAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:24 AM   #51
Jed118
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeymoAm
I once was an ower of the 87 Stellar! It was my first car and I loved it despite all the headache it caused me. I bought it through the classifides for $500 and it lasted me almost 2 years and a good 30k clicks.. Unfortunately just this past Wednesday (Oct 10th 07) while i was driving with my 1 year old daughter, it caught fire and combusted!!
Oh no!

I've heard of a Pony doing this, although I thought it questionable...

Here's my 1987 CXL (Auto booooo!) I got it for free, but it needed some $800 in repairs (largely done myself)

4G63 SOHC at it's finest! 125,000 K on it in that pic

That's it in NYC (well LI) when I drove down 2 weeks ago. Solid cruiser, but I get SHIT gas mileage (like, 22-25 MPG), way less than my other Pony's (I have a 1986 Red 1400GL w/68,000K, a blue partially modded 1400L (unknown miles), and a 1984 1600GLS fitted with this above pictured engine. That will will receive a 2.4L (4G64) DOHC engine, fed by 2 webers - 200 HP? I think so! now to build it... Also it bolts RIGHT in, just as the 4G63 did.
Jed118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #52
canuckshaker
AF Newbie

I understand that several ford engines will work in a Stellar chassis. How about the reverse, putting a 2.0 litre Mitsu engine into my 1977 Ford (Mercury badged) Capri II. I drove a Stellar for some years and really liked the handling. I recently picked up this Capri minus the eriginal V6 engine and I am wondering if the Mitsu transplant has been done before.
canuckshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #53
johnho
AF Newbie

I noticed there hasn't been any posting in a while. I am trying to shoot a short film and need a Stellar, can anyone help?
johnho is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Other Models