Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 08:37 AM   #16
9ball
AF Regular

Re: Toyota Celica GT-S vs Hyundai Tiburon GT v6

Personally, I think the Celica is in desperate need of a redesign. It was looking great until this latest generation, now it looks like a chick car. The Tiburon is currently the much better looking car. And, no offense to anyone here, but performance probably isn't your top priority if your deciding between these two, so who cares which is faster?

I'm looking into my crystal ball now, and I predict that the Tiburon will become much, much faster in the next couple years. The Hyundais are going through quite a few changes now. We bought a Sonata V6 for my wife a few months ago and it's quite fast, along with the Azera which is even faster. So the Tiburon stands as Hyundai's lone sports car but it's the third quickest in the lineup behind the Sonata (0-60 in 6.7) and the Azera (about 6.5). How long do you think that will last? I think the Tiburon will become a "real" sports car in the near future.0
9ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:46 AM   #17
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

I think the Tib is good if your'e looking for speed. But if you want a more economical car, and one that handles, get the Celica.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #18
slyspyderspy
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: Toyota Celica GT-S vs Hyundai Tiburon GT v6

As it turns out I made an attempt at buying the tiburon and their seemed to be some miscommunication on the price (most likely on our side). Turns out the damn thing is 12 large. That celica is looking purdy good right about now.

To make matters worse I've got yet another car in the same class to consider:

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT - Maroon, 65k miles, great condition, 5-Speed (also needs premium) for $12,000 as well.

Back to square one..
slyspyderspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:10 AM   #19
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

Tiburon, mostly because the Celica looks like arse and has a useless powerband, plus it has half the milage and doesn't need premium.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #20
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ball
Personally, I think the Celica is in desperate need of a redesign. It was looking great until this latest generation, now it looks like a chick car. The Tiburon is currently the much better looking car. And, no offense to anyone here, but performance probably isn't your top priority if your deciding between these two, so who cares which is faster?

I'm looking into my crystal ball now, and I predict that the Tiburon will become much, much faster in the next couple years. The Hyundais are going through quite a few changes now. We bought a Sonata V6 for my wife a few months ago and it's quite fast, along with the Azera which is even faster. So the Tiburon stands as Hyundai's lone sports car but it's the third quickest in the lineup behind the Sonata (0-60 in 6.7) and the Azera (about 6.5). How long do you think that will last? I think the Tiburon will become a "real" sports car in the near future.0

well dont worry about the redesighn cause the celica was discontinued in 2005. what do you mean about how theyre not "preformance" cars. the celica will spank many cars people consider performance cars around a track, including every hyndai ever made lol.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #21
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphalanos
I think the Tib is good if your'e looking for speed. But if you want a more economical car, and one that handles, get the Celica.

but the celica is faster, not the tiburon.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:44 PM   #22
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

Sorry. I got mixed up. Thumbs down on the Mitsu though lol.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #23
9ball
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakscorpion21
well dont worry about the redesighn cause the celica was discontinued in 2005. what do you mean about how theyre not "preformance" cars. the celica will spank many cars people consider performance cars around a track, including every hyndai ever made lol.
They're performance cars in a very loose sense of the word. However, everyone I've talked to who's driven a Celica has said they're quicker than you'd think looking at the numbers. However, I still wouldn't call it a "performance car." It's a fun, nimble FWD car with a little extra power.
9ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #24
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9ball
They're performance cars in a very loose sense of the word. However, everyone I've talked to who's driven a Celica has said they're quicker than you'd think looking at the numbers. However, I still wouldn't call it a "performance car." It's a fun, nimble FWD car with a little extra power.

yea, thats a good way to put it, they are more quick or nimble than fast. but indeed a blast to drive though.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #25
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphalanos
Sorry. I got mixed up. Thumbs down on the Mitsu though lol.
yea, id agree with that one. that model eclipse is a pos. not to mention has trhe highest percentage of female to male buyers of any production car. although the celica has its fair share of female buyers lol.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #26
cudacrazy73
AF Newbie

no one posted in here in a while but chicks mostly buy red cavaliers or silver sunfires, if a chick is drivin a eclipse then 99.9% of the time she is gonna be friggin hot, and those chicks who dont own a eclipse will like a guy who does eclipse=chick magnet but as for advice on what one to get i got none cuz i got the same problem i dono what of those cars to by eather (celica eclipse or rsx not a tib i would never own one of those.)
Old 06-10-2006, 09:33 PM   #27
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudacrazy73
no one posted in here in a while but chicks mostly buy red cavaliers or silver sunfires, if a chick is drivin a eclipse then 99.9% of the time she is gonna be friggin hot, and those chicks who dont own a eclipse will like a guy who does eclipse=chick magnet but as for advice on what one to get i got none cuz i got the same problem i dono what of those cars to by eather (celica eclipse or rsx not a tib i would never own one of those.)

celica or rsx will be your best choice. whichever one you find more asthetically pleasing as their performance is virtually the same.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #28
plungingducks
AF Newbie

I know this is old but i am going through this toyota celica vs hyundai tiburon what should i buy thing. I am dying to know what you decided on.
plungingducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #29
matthewchenault
AF Newbie

i own a 6th generation celica gt-s and my friend had a 2003 or 2004 v6 tiburon and they are both stock...we race all the time and the lack of torque doesn't seem to effect the fact that i beat him off the line every time. his top speed is about 10 higher than mine but corners are MINE...and for the record 6th and 7th gen celicas look better than the new tiburons hands down.
matthewchenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #30
matthewchenault
AF Newbie

oh i forgot...i have not had to fix my car at all in the past year...my friend has had to replace the flywheel, and tranny twice. so celica is more reliable in my oppinion.
matthewchenault is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons