Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
kmk411
AF Newbie

2008 Volvo S60 or 2009 Passat?

I currently own two cars and I need to sell one of them.
“My” car is a 2008 Volvo S60 with 29,000 miles. I inherited a 2009 VW Passat with 49,000 miles. So one car is a year newer, but one care has 20,000 fewer miles. The Volvo has a 2.5T 5 cylinder engine and the VW has a 2.0T 4 cylinder. They have about the same safety features except
the Volvo has rear airbags and rear park assist. They both have nice upgrade options like including moon roof, leather seats, and premium sound. They also have nearly identical KBB values, with the VW about $200 higher.
I’ve driven both of them many times and the ride is pretty comparable. The main con to the Volvo is the turning radius is a full foot bigger than the Passat thus isn’t as nimble. They both have equally nice interiors,
however the VW’s interior has better design features. They both have just mediocre reliability ratings. I’m having trouble discerning which has the better value.
Am I missing something obvious like duh, the Volvo is a safer car? I do not have children and don’t intend to. But the Passat is a year newer. Any advice?
kmk411 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons