Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Delorean vs Ferrari 355
Delorean 1 33.33%
Ferrari 355 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
knightjp
AF Regular

Delorean or Ferrari 355

I admit I'm a Geek and a huge BTTF fan... And any BTTF fan is a huge fan of the Delorean.

Been wrestling with the idea of what my ultimate dream car is gonna be. It needs to have gull-wing doors like the Delorean. Now most call those Lamborghini style doors as gulling, but they're not. I want a car with doors like the Delorean...
So the answer seems simple.. Why not get a Delorean then? But the Delorean isn't all that fast.
My favorite all time sports car is the Ferrari F355.. I just think it is the best looking Ferrari ever made. But it doesn't have gulling doors...
I know it sounds like a no-brainer.. It's a Ferrari.. who cares?... I know, but I want the doors... call me crazy..

So now have two options:
  1. Delorean with an swap for a Jaguar V8
  2. Ferrari 355 modified with gullwing doors...

With the Ferrari, you're buying into the brand and the name. Definitely the Delorean isn't in the same league when it comes to sheer 'Cool' factor. Everyone knows it... everyone enjoys seeing it and hearing that V8 roar.. If you wanna impress a girl, show up in a Ferrari... :P
Getting the Delorean style Gullwing doors on the Ferrari would require some engineering, etc... but its not impossible. Never seen it done to many cars let alone a Ferrari, but still possible.

With the Delorean. Its only known to fans of the BTTF movies and car Geeks like us. The car looks generally late 70s - mid 80s in style and shape and very ordinary from the front. But when the doors open, then the car does show.
Where it lacks in the engine performance, I've seen many on the DMC forums who have done conversions and changed the engines. V6s, SBC V8s, SBF V8s, 2JZ, etc... Some have even gone as far as to make their car electrical.
So while the Delorean does look ordinary in some ways, it does provide a nice blank canvas with gullwing doors for you to make your dream car.

Any ideas on which of the two is the better option??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deloreanface.jpg (55.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Delorean.jpg (152.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg ferrari-f355-berlinetta-1.jpg (143.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Ferrari_355_F1_Berlinetta_4.jpg (151.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by knightjp; 08-25-2012 at 04:31 PM.
knightjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
knightjp
AF Regular

Re: Delorean or Ferrari 355

Or maybe just forget about either and go for a Lotus Esprit S1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lotus.jpg (58.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
Webtalk
AF Newbie

Re: Delorean or Ferrari 355

F355 is simply one of the most amazing, purest driving cars that has ever been made. The F355 reminds us of every single reason why we buy an exotic automobile.
Webtalk is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons