Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 07:15 AM   #46
stangvette1
Banned

Speedster94, the lingenfelter corvette is twin-turboed for your information! Plus I wasn't comparing aftermarket chevy or ford. i think that you are just jealous that ford was smart enough to add a supercharger and chevy wasn't! Plus don't give Ford crap about using superchargers. Afterall, Mercedes-Benz uses superchargers and porsche uses twin -turbos!!
Old 06-25-2003, 11:47 AM   #47
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekone

If you like them so much, go do some more research on them. My post is senseless? Please.
You can't argue with the facts. I posted them, and have proven that it would be a close race.

And as for beating Mustangs and Camaros, I can do that in my 190- horsepoer '96 Maxima, I don't need my 2002.

I'm not going to waste my time going to some wacked redneck Cheverolet site, so if you want to get me an exact link, then I will take a look at it.

If the Z-28 is a claimed 350 horse, shouldn't it be running comparable times to the Corvette? The average dyno I have seen for the 2000+ Z-28 is 302.5 horsepower. That is the dyno # that most frequently occurs.

And I never said I have ever seen a Maxima beat a WS-6 Trans-am. I said I had seen it beat a Formula Trans-am. Maybe you should read up more on the F-bodies.

BTW, don't come on here flaming, newbie. You aren't scoring points with anybody.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:48 AM   #48
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by speeder94
YOUR MAXIMA WITH A CRAPPY 245HP ENGINE

Old 06-25-2003, 03:03 PM   #49
ttspool
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Pick

If the Z-28 is a claimed 350 horse, shouldn't it be running comparable times to the Corvette? The average dyno I have seen for the 2000+ Z-28 is 302.5 horsepower. That is the dyno # that most frequently occurs.

well it is pretty much a drivers race between those two cars. also the camaro is heavier than the corvette. also there is a 15% loss of hp from flywheel to the wheels, so 303hp divided by .85 is roughly 356 hp at the flywheel
Old 06-25-2003, 06:09 PM   #50
Tekone
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster

What are you calling crappy moron? The VQ35 is the best V6 in the world- That has been acknowleged time after time- FAR better than any V6 GM is doing thats for sure- to call the VQ35 crappy without any re-inforcment is ignorance
Yup sure it is... What makes it FAR better than any V6 GM makes? The 3.8 V6 produced by GM has been out longer, is proven, and is reliable. What more can you ask for? Don't call GM V6's 'crappy' without having some facts to back up your statement.
Performance Mods: Z28 Catback, Cutout
Appearance Mods: 35% side, 5% rear tint
Charcoal leather seats
Comming soon: 3.73's, LSD, Air Lid, VS Cam
Not in that order....
Old 06-25-2003, 06:28 PM   #51
Tekone
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Pick

You can't argue with the facts. I posted them, and have proven that it would be a close race.
What facts have you posted other than your misinformed and biased opinions? None.

Quote:

And as for beating Mustangs and Camaros, I can do that in my 190- horsepoer '96 Maxima, I don't need my 2002.
Where do we get these morons from?
My friend has a 97' Maxima and it does not even come close to beating my car. I have raced him several times. Please stop spouting BS and then trying to back it up with more BS opinions.

Quote:

I'm not going to waste my time going to some wacked redneck Cheverolet site, so if you want to get me an exact link, then I will take a look at it.

Funny how your true colors start to show finally. In one other thread in this forumn you give props to f-bodies and in another you start dissing them. I already gave you a link. A 'redneck' site? Yup, I guess so since it has over 30,000 members. You are so stereotypical it makes me laugh.

Quote:

Ding ding ding....we have a winner. LS1 f-bodies DO run comarable time to an LS1 powered Corvette. This is taxing your brain I can see, so I'll put it in Layman's term for you. On average, LS1 f-bodies run low 13's at around 104-106 mph in the 1/4th. On average, LS1 Corvettes run high 12's at just slightly higher mph. Hmm...their times are pretty similar don't ya think for supposedly having a 50 hp difference. The reason the Corvette is faster than f-bodies is it has a slightly different cam (lower LSA to give it hight RPM power I believe) and it has better aerodynamics.

Quote:

And I never said I have ever seen a Maxima beat a WS-6 Trans-am. I said I had seen it beat a Formula Trans-am. Maybe you should read up more on the F-bodies.

Still a slow one huh? Suprise #2. There is very little to no difference in hp. numbers between Z28's, SS's, formulas, T/A's and WS6 T/A's. They ALL put down close to the same numbers on the dyno. 300-310 for most of them. Does not matter whether it's a Z28, SS, WS6, exc. They all dyno around that range. You ever taken a look under the hood of a Ws6 T/A to see where all the air comming from the 'ram air' hood is going to? Nowhere, just like the regular T/A. The airbox that leads to the MAF is shut tight. So just how, again, does a Ws6 make 10-20 more advertised power with just a fake 'ram air' hood? It doesn't. Same goes for the SS. The exhaust system is just slightly less restrictive, but it provides little in the way of gains. A few hp really. Maybe you should read up on f-bodies.

Quote:

BTW, don't come on here flaming, newbie. You aren't scoring points with anybody.
Maybe it was time I came on to stop the relentless BS you seem so content to type all the time. Stop making BS posts with BS opinions without ANY facts to back them up. I don't care if you like my car or not, it does not matter to me. But I can not stand when people spout BS and try to get other people to believe it like you. Go do a little more research and come back better prepared next time.
Charcoal leather seats
Not in that order....
Old 06-25-2003, 06:44 PM   #52
Tekone
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by stangvette1
The mustang can compete with GM at every level:
Another biased opinion.

Quote:

Chevy doesn't dominate Ford in any of these categories. The mustang v6 will take the v6 firebird and the v6 camaro (WEIGHT), the mach1 will hold its ground versus the transam and camaro ss, the cobra r will take the C5, and the 2003 cobra will hang with the Z06 all day long. Clearly Chevy is NOT more powerful than Ford.
Auto to auto? Stick to stick? Your generalizing here. Auto to auto, the Camaro or Firebird will take the Mustang. I have raced several auto Mustangs and have never lost. Ford does not know how to build a halfway decent auto still. Stick to stick, it is a drivers race. Been there, done that as well. Lost one, won one so far. Very close race b/t the two. A LS1 f-body will rape a Mustang GT. Enough said. The Mach 1 will contend with LS1 f-bodies, but is slightly slower. The 03 Cobra will beat a C5 'Vette but is slightly slower than a Z06.
Clearly Chevy is more powerful than Ford.
Lets take a look shall we....
V6 Camaro to V6 Mustang= 200 hp vs. 193 hp. Advantage-Chevy
V8 f-body to Mustang GT= 310(350 actual) vs. 260 Advantage-Chevy
LS6 Corvette to 03' Cobra= 405 vs. 390 (actual #'s slightly higher)
Advantage- 03' Cobra has a little more power real world. But the Z06 weighs 600ish Lbs less. So, advantage-Chevrolet.
Charcoal leather seats
Not in that order....
Old 06-25-2003, 07:11 PM   #53
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

V8 f-body to Mustang GT= 310(350 actual) vs. 260 Advantage-Chevy
Now this comparison is just plain stupid, you have to compare the mach I to an F body with an LS1.
Now since I am neither a Ford or Chevy guy(MOPARMAN) than I say fuck it and buy a Viper and smoke everything you guys are talking about.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:14 PM   #54
TatII
AF Fanatic

man this is gettin waay of subject here. but since people are dissin out the nissan VQ engine i'm goin to have to but in. the reason why everyone says that the VQ is much better of an engine then the 3.8 that GM makes is because the V6 is what nissan spends most of its R&D on. which GM specializes in 350's nissan specializes in the VQ engine. so basically the V6 like you guys admited is an old engine that really hasn't been improved over time becuase no one really buys a V6 camaro for all out performance. and and just to let you guys know, the VQ in the MAX is the same as the VQ found in the Z which makes 287 from 3.5 liters. that is not a bad number for a 3.5 that more power then you get from a ford 302 or any other n/a ford 4.6 and more then any GM 3.8 liter motors. granted any sane person will know that a MAX can not hang with a V8 powered Camaro (you need a supercharger for that) but the MAX is quick enough to hang with a stang GT which is not bad for a V6 four door family car compared to a V8 powered sport coupe. you understand?

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 06-25-2003, 07:20 PM   #55
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
the Z which makes 287 from 3.5 liters. that is not a bad number for a 3.5 that more power then you get from a ford 302 or any other n/a ford 4.6
N/A 4.6L Mach I engine makes 305 HP.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:20 PM   #56
Tekone
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by PWMAN

Now this comparison is just plain stupid, you have to compare the mach I to an F body with an LS1.
Now since I am neither a Ford or Chevy guy(MOPARMAN) than I say fuck it and buy a Viper and smoke everything you guys are talking about.
What do you think I just compared a Mustang GT to? An LS1 f-body puts down 300-310 to the REAR WHEELS. Stock. Do the math and that means 350~ to the flywheel. They are very underrated cars. Why do you think they beat Mustang GT's so badly?
Charcoal leather seats
Not in that order....
Old 06-25-2003, 07:22 PM   #57
Tekone
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
man this is gettin waay of subject here. but since people are dissin out the nissan VQ engine i'm goin to have to but in. the reason why everyone says that the VQ is much better of an engine then the 3.8 that GM makes is because the V6 is what nissan spends most of its R&D on. which GM specializes in 350's nissan specializes in the VQ engine. so basically the V6 like you guys admited is an old engine that really hasn't been improved over time becuase no one really buys a V6 camaro for all out performance. and and just to let you guys know, the VQ in the MAX is the same as the VQ found in the Z which makes 287 from 3.5 liters. that is not a bad number for a 3.5 that more power then you get from a ford 302 or any other n/a ford 4.6 and more then any GM 3.8 liter motors. granted any sane person will know that a MAX can not hang with a V8 powered Camaro (you need a supercharger for that) but the MAX is quick enough to hang with a stang GT which is not bad for a V6 four door family car compared to a V8 powered sport coupe. you understand?
Thank you. Finally someone brought some sense into this thread.
Charcoal leather seats
Not in that order....
Old 06-25-2003, 07:27 PM   #58
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

What do you think I just compared a Mustang GT to? An LS1 f-body puts down 300-310 to the REAR WHEELS. Stock. Do the math and that means 350~ to the flywheel. They are very underrated cars. Why do you think they beat Mustang GT's so badly?
I'm saying comparing a GT stang to a LS1 F body is stupid BECAUSE they are so underated. And even if they weren't, 310 HP VS 260? Come on, of course the Firebird/camaro is going to stomp a GT without even trying. That is my point, compare it to something a little closer like the mach I which has 305 HP and can do 12's in the 1/4 like an F body.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:12 PM   #59
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by PWMAN

N/A 4.6L Mach I engine makes 305 HP.
so you'll only to get 18 more hp from a 1.1 liter bigger displacement engine with two more pistons. kinda pathetic if you ask me.

how come a nissan 4.5L 8 cylinder VQ45 engine makes 345hp and 333 lbs. torque when a ford 4.6 only makes 260hp and the older stangs didn't even make that @ 215 hp and 280-something torque? maybe cuz ford's not that great.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:18 PM   #60
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Quote:

Where do we get these morons from?
My friend has a 97' Maxima and it does not even come close to beating my car. I have raced him several times. Please stop spouting BS and then trying to back it up with more BS opinions.
you either 1)have a friend with an auto max vs your manual camaro, 2) have a friend who can't drive stick or 3) you're just lying out your asshole
VQmax---> <---you're v6 camaro

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons