Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 07:36 PM   #1
grncivicdhr
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to grncivicdhr
Dodge m4s turbo interceptor from "the wraith'

i look up some info on this car. its from the 80s movie "the wraith' w/ charlie sheen. its powered by a 2.2 ltr twin turbo engine making 440hp. my big question is, for those that know of this car, where is it, where can i see it. its always been one of my favorites. if anyone has any information on the m2s turbo interceptor, please get back to me.

Last edited by grncivicdhr; 05-12-2004 at 08:20 AM.
grncivicdhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 09:43 PM   #2
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
The car you speak of is simply the same as any Dodge Daytona with a different body on top. The engine was the 2.2L turbocharged engine. It only had one turbo, it was intercooled and modified. You can get that much power out of any 2.2L Chrysler engine. I can't remember that URL, but there is a company called Forward Motion that can tell you the build up on the 2.2L engine. If anyone knows the site please post the URL for me.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 09:45 PM   #3
Polygon
The Red Baron

Oh, here it is. The URL for Forward Motion.

http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/
Old 02-18-2002, 08:31 PM   #4
Polygon
The Red Baron

I also found a good chunk of info on the this car. Here is the link.

http://www.pinnaclecda.com/ShelbyDodge/Wraith/index.htm

Last edited by Polygon; 03-19-2002 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2002, 03:05 PM   #5
TriStateGuy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to TriStateGuy
Thumbs up

Oh wow the motor is twin (garret) turboed

twin turbo 2.2
TriStateGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2002, 10:07 AM   #6
markwraith
AF Newbie

Angry dodge m4s

Actually, the dodge m4s was a concept car that is being reproduced in Georgia by me and others. It has a custom chassis that is a mid engine rear whele drive not shared with any other dodge car (if you know af a mid engine rear wheel drive dodge other than this car please notifiy me) the body is made from fiberglass and it sports a great 50/50% weight distrobution to say "its like any other dodge" is a farce. The only think it shares with some other dodges is a 2.2 liter 4 cylinder engine but the one in this car was tuned by Costworth and not dodge
markwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 01:50 PM   #7
Shelby VNT
AF Newbie

The Dodge PPG Interceptor also know offically by it's Dodge name, the M4S, is a car that was built in the early 80's. 1984 to exact is the model year. It had very little in commom with anything produced by Dodge in those times. It was NOT just a Daytona with a different body. The only thing the M4S shared with the Daytonas of the day was the 2.2 liter engine block and the 5 speed manual transmission. On top the block was a highly modified Cosworth 16 valve twin cam head. It was force fed with twin Garret T-25 turbochargers and fueled with Bosch- L Jettronic fuel injection. It made 440 hp and had a top speed as tested by Road and Track to 194.8 mph. It did 0 to 60 in 4.1 and the 1/4 mile at 12.9 at 104 mph. Rumor had it that there was also another engine that was making 600 hp. The M4S was a mid-engine designed car designed by Dodge as a concept for future production, but due to it's high cost construction the idea for production was dropped seeing how Dodge didn't think anybody would be interested in a high proced sports car in those days. Remember this was 1984. Long before the Interceptor M4S made an appearance in the low budget film 'The Wraith' it saw use as an actual Indy pace car. The only modification the M4S received was flashing strobe lights for serving duty as the Indy pace car. After it's first major appearance to the public at Indy the car was donated by Chrysler for use in the movie 'The Wraith'. A place called Code One was contracted to build some replicas of the real prototype M4S for the movie. I've read that up to 30 of these cars were built for crash sequences and stunts. After the movie filming was over the car was returned to Dodge. Flash forward to today and apparently there are know to be 4 M4S's in exsistance. One was last known to be located in the head quaters for PPG Industries. One of the others is located at the Walter P. Chysler Museum in Aubum, Michigan and is on regular display. The last thing I heard was that there is a place, and I'm not sure of the name, that makes reproduction PPG Interceptor rolling chassis's for sale to the publiuc after buying the rights. They have a website on the internet as well and a complete car sells for something close to $70,000. However the engine is not a Dodge 2.2 twin turbo. I believe they stick Chevy 350's in the car instead much like any other kit type car. The coolest thing would be to buy a rolling chassis and throw a good old Dodge 2.2 liter Turbo II engine in it modified to make 300 hp or more. Thats about all I know of the PPG Interceptor.
Shelby VNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #8
daytonaes93
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to daytonaes93
thats interesting i never knew the wraith car was based on a daytona
i always thought it was like a stealth well anyway that car is sweet
daytonaes93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:19 PM   #9
xtombstone
AF Newbie

m4 turbo interceptor (wraith car)

does anybody know if there is one for sale and how much it would cost or if they have body kits to build a car like that and were you can get it at? please email me at sibersnake2010@yahoo.com if you have any info for me thank you.
xtombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 10:51 AM   #10
Hudson
Old Mod

The M2S was a concept car built for the PPG racing series. They didn't build any for public consumption.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 01:30 PM   #11
wierdoslam
AF Newbie

Re: Dodge m4s turbo interceptor from "the waith'

try this link. I don't know if they ever actually built any, but they say they will in the future.
http://members.tripod.com/mcwalkerusa/dalesar.html
wierdoslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 06:59 PM   #12
KITCAR
AF Newbie

I Have a custom Wraith car m4s fiberglass body shell for sale $15,000.00 It can be changed back into the Wraith from the movie. CONTACT WRAITHCAR@HOTMAIL.COM DEC 9, 2009

Last edited by KITCAR; 12-09-2009 at 08:38 PM.
KITCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:26 PM   #13
THETURBOWRAITH
AF Newbie

HELLO There is a new web site that is interesting if you like the Dodge M4S The Wraith. Check it out. WWW.THEWRAITHCAR.COM
THETURBOWRAITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #14
Tigerclaws1970
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Dodge m4s turbo interceptor from "the waith'

This car is in Wichita,Ks and has a 3.8 Supercharged Pontiac motor I have photos of me with this car and yes it is the one from the movie the Wraith.Contact me for photos and info
Tigerclaws1970 is offline   Reply With Quote