Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
poussez12
AF Newbie

Unhappy Hi

I have no clue why my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE uses a lot of fuel. I Don't drive often, perhaps twice per week, sometimes not at all. Any suggestions please. I'm Canadian for those who are from the U.S.
poussez12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:52 AM   #2
GTP Dad
Pontiac Guy

Re: Hi

Welcome to AF!

There are several possible reasons for you problem. First, do you have any fuel leaks? Check the area around the fuel tank and the fuel filler neck. If there is a leak get this taken care of as soon as possible. Also check under the hood to see if you can see any signs of fuel leaking in or around the engine. In both cases you should smell gasoline. Second, do you have a check engine light that is on? Bad oxygen sensors can cause the car to use more fuel than is would normally. If the light is on have it checked by a mechanic and see what codes are present. Finally, are you certain that someone isn't stealing your fuel. If the car is parked outside this too is a possibility.
GTP Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM