Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sonoma | S-15
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
WetScapes
AF Newbie

shifter ??

'98 Sonoma 2.2 5spd, on my way out this morning my shifter kind of just fell over?? It took me a few minuts and I figured out how to keep going. When I try and hold the shift knob and shift it just flops around, when I hold it down close to the bottom of the shaft I can shove it where it needs to go to catch the gears. Anyone ever experience anything like this? will it need to go to the tranny shop or is there something I can pop back into place, cant really tell anything by looking underneath??
WetScapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
WetScapes
AF Newbie

Re: shifter ??

UP-DATE!
I tried to drive last night and the shift lever fell off in my hand.
I pulled iton out of the boot to discover it mounts via a rubber bushing. I unscrewed the bottom half and screwed the lever back on with the few remaining threads. Its never felt better, firm, crisp shifts. Would I be messing up if I JB welded itin place??
WetScapes is offline   Reply With Quote