Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
tricntrnh
AF Newbie

what should i do make it faster?

hi i have a 99 integra LS and it's already had 180k miles on it, im wonder what can i do make it a bit more power like faster that doesnt cost me much. i was thinking going for turbo charge, and i thought back dont think my car with 180k miles cant handle it, and i dont want to do swap cuz it's cost too much. so any other way beside turbo or go with it is fine, also how much it will cost to build a turbo?

sorry bad english, and sorry if this already up but i cant find it.
tricntrnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
cwshifflett
AF Newbie

Re: what should i do make it faster?

Well you're right in the aspect of turbo-ing your integra will give you the most horsepower, but since you aren't willing to spend the money on a swap nor the turbo (they can range from $1,000-and I've seen some that are $5,000), it's kind of pointless. If you're looking for some gains, try an aftermarket intake like a cold air/short ram air intake. Also replace the factory exhaust with a wider version to allow more air to be pumped through the engine since more is escaping through the new exhaust. Turbo-ing a car requires a lot of engine modification in order for the engine to withstand the new pressure being applied, otherwise, you'll just end up blowing headers, etc. Hope this helps somewhat.
cwshifflett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
razr_88
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to razr_88

you can get performance, exhaust headers and exhaust. you can get a cold air intake kit. the intake is probably you best bang for you buck. i would follow it by the exhaust
razr_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
Bove
AF Newbie

Hey! Whats the difference between a cheap intake and a good quality one? i see many that are around the same shape and length and i wonder what it is that makes one better than the other. Also, what intake brand would you recommend for a Integra?
Bove is offline   Reply With Quote