Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 09:52 AM   #106
lloyd_nickens
AF Enthusiast

Redlined_V8:
I have the utmost respect for the Vette. But I have to point out that while the 350Z hasn't been around very long, the Z has. Late 60's if my research is correct. So it does have heratige. Nissans Silvia, Skyline and Z have very long distinct pasts (esp for a 'import').

Our cars tend to be less expensive here, due to the tarrifs that are imposed on imports of all kind. Go to most other countries and the tables get turned. Our cars are a lil more expensive. If you were to use the prices in a vehicles home market (ie Nissan in japan BMW in Germany etc) you would see that all the cars are evenly priced.

"If You Can Breathe, Turn The Music Up."
lloyd_nickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 11:35 AM   #107
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

If ya wanna look pretty get the Z, if ya wanna win races get the 2003 Cobra.
kaoru-tochiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:03 PM   #108
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
why did you guys resurrect this again?
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:16 PM   #109
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by flylwsi
why did you guys resurrect this again?
the struggle for suppremacy must continue!:bandit:
Old 04-29-2003, 05:53 PM   #110
BigJustinZ28
AF Enthusiast

isnt thier anyone on this forum that loves cars ??? ALL CARS ??? I do , sure I love old f-bodies but so what ? I'd love to drive an rx7 , a supra , or one of them new turbocharges neons. hell I'd love to drive my moms colt vista she had when I was a child because I'm curious how it handled. I love cars , 4 wheels a motor and a steering wheel !!! Is anyone else with me on this ?

Also
""I beat that Z car by a tenth of a second, but I can't corner worth a damn!""

Did all of a sudden fbodies and vettes lose thier excellent handling ability ? My car is older than dirt and I can wing around a corner doing 50+ in my 20 year old 177k mile 305HO camaro !!! Sure a 350z would have my ass anywhere , but so what. My car rumbles and I like it that way , its cheap , its fast enough, it handles , and its loud !!! I love it. I think the 350z is awesome too and I'd love to drive one , but I think I'd stick with my ole girl because I love these cars in particular. But just because I prefer camaro's doesnt mean I hate everything else. Some of you peeps are way to one sided.

1997 Camaro Z28 = LT1 w/ LT4 Conversion w/ Hot Cam
52mm T/B , SLP CAI , SLP Shorties .Eibach Springs, KYB GA Shocks.
SS Hood , Suncoast Creations Spoiler , F1 Camaro Wheels.
30th Ann. Style White with Orange Stripes.
BigJustinZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 06:01 PM   #111
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BigJustinZ28
isnt thier anyone on this forum that loves cars ??? ALL CARS ??? I do , sure I love old f-bodies but so what ? I'd love to drive an rx7 , a supra , or one of them new turbocharges neons. hell I'd love to drive my moms colt vista she had when I was a child because I'm curious how it handled. I love cars , 4 wheels a motor and a steering wheel !!! Is anyone else with me on this ?

Also
""I beat that Z car by a tenth of a second, but I can't corner worth a damn!""

Did all of a sudden fbodies and vettes lose thier excellent handling ability ? My car is older than dirt and I can wing around a corner doing 50+ in my 20 year old 177k mile 305HO camaro !!! Sure a 350z would have my ass anywhere , but so what. My car rumbles and I like it that way , its cheap , its fast enough, it handles , and its loud !!! I love it. I think the 350z is awesome too and I'd love to drive one , but I think I'd stick with my ole girl because I love these cars in particular. But just because I prefer camaro's doesnt mean I hate everything else. Some of you peeps are way to one sided.
Shoot man, that was what I used to think like before I joined here, but eversince, discussions here are about car comparisons, "bang for the buck, horsepower per liter, nice interior" It just gets you all wrapped up and you get this like brand loyalty and you hate anyone driving a car that's different from yours, I cant take it anymore, its eating me up inside!!!:alien:
Old 04-30-2003, 06:23 AM   #112
BigJustinZ28
AF Enthusiast

I know , ive never seen more bias' in my life lol !!! every thread turns into a stress release !!!

1997 Camaro Z28 = LT1 w/ LT4 Conversion w/ Hot Cam
52mm T/B , SLP CAI , SLP Shorties .Eibach Springs, KYB GA Shocks.
SS Hood , Suncoast Creations Spoiler , F1 Camaro Wheels.
30th Ann. Style White with Orange Stripes.
BigJustinZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 09:04 PM   #113
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Re: Re: Uh, why do you guys even bother racing F-Bodies/Mustangs? I mean...

Quote:
Originally posted by pennyho

...removed...
Pennyho, you are making f-body driver look worste with that response to ZV3s post.

Last edited by ales; 05-03-2003 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:48 AM   #114
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by pennyho

...removed...
Umm......You have a 285 horse Camaro. right? The 350Z is 280 horse.
Now, the Camaro weighs approximately 300 pounds more than the 350Z. And if I'm not mistaken, the rule of thumb is 10 horses per 100 pounds. That's 30 horses. I realize that the Z28 has a good bit more torque than the 350Z, but consider the torque curve. The power of the 350Z VQ series engine(I would know, as I have one) is best after about 3500-4000 RPM. The torque in the LT-1 is around 2500-3200 RPM and may lag a bit after that. What that means is that the Camaro will have more spin off the line, then it will get pulled on by the later torque of the VQ. That=smoked Camaro

As for handling, we all know that the Z handles better, so lets not argue. Lower platform, stiff, but not too stiff suspension. Not built just to go into a straight line. Performance brakes, suspension, etc.

I'm not hating on F-body's because I love them, but I agree that there is no reason for a 350Z driver to risk his neck on anything short of a new WS6 Trans-am.

Last edited by ales; 05-03-2003 at 01:15 PM.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:01 PM   #115
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Uh, why do you guys even bother racing F-Bodies/Mustangs? I mean...

Quote:
Originally posted by ZV3
who cares what a guy in a cheap dime-a-dozen Mustang or Crapmaro thinks...I would not come to this forum and brag about beating a new Z by a tenth of a second or so...all you can manage to do is *barely* beat it? I REALLY dislike those cars, no refinement at all...it's not about 0-60
Its so funny how you were talking about dime-a-dozen - how long has the new Nissan Z been on the market? 4-5 months?? I'm not sure but I can tell you I've seen dozens, literally dozens puttering around town lately (was at an AMC theatre two weekends ago and saw no less than 3 silver/champagne Z350's within a six or seven row radius). Just one other Camaro besides my baby on our side of the lot - an absolutely menacing black LS1 SS (no other Stangs or F-Bodies to be seen, and believe me I notice them if they're around). I'm not suggesting that there will eventually be an equal or greater volume of Nissan Z's on the road, but just wait and see how exclusive these cars will be in a few years. They will be changing the body on these models in two years - mark my word.

As for your righteous preach about luxury German engineering (or state of the art Japanese technology) v.s mass production 1950's American small block technology, bravo argument you buffoon. Like anyone in the market for a BMW would be comparing a Camaro as well, or vice versa? You are inappropriately comparing two different breed of men: the kind who put on pansy leather gloves and a fruity scarf to go for a boot in the mountains - and the kind who are not afraid to get their hands dirty changing oil or sparkplugs and who take pride in what the four stroke internal combustion engine was meant to sound like, in its glorious V8 incarnate (I don't know what sounds more hideous: these little four-banger rice-rods that sound like ill-tuned gas powered lawnmowers or your M-powered six cylinder that sounds like an electric weed-whacker).

My buddy happens to drive one of the only "real" M3's in our area, he's had it since '98, but everytime he rides with me or even see's me tuning my Z28 in the driveway he wishes he had never sold his '94 Z28. And I know better than to waste gas racing him - from a stop, rolling start, freeway tear-up, you name it - I've shamed him into his place far too many times now. You tell me how many tenths of a second a half dozen car lengths would be going about 270 KPH? And to think that these high priced-high tech European & Japanese cars CAN NOT even beat our cheap 1950's derived small block V8's by even a tenth of a second! Whose shame needs to be hidden by not racing, eh?
DVS LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:40 PM   #116
DVS LT1
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by BigJustinZ28
I know , ive never seen more bias' in my life lol !!! every thread turns into a stress release !!!
I hear you buddy. I just found this site and am like "wow, HUNDREDS of threads!" and the very first one I read is just some turd's stupid philosophy. I feel stupid now having wasted my time responding.

Thats a sweet Camaro you got - I've always loved the '87-90 Z28's and IROC's. Those were the first cars that got me into this. Keep it beautiful!
DVS LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 06:53 AM   #117
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by DVS LT1

Its so funny how you were talking about dime-a-dozen - how long has the new Nissan Z been on the market? 4-5 months?? I'm not sure but I can tell you I've seen dozens, literally dozens puttering around town lately (was at an AMC theatre two weekends ago and saw no less than 3 silver/champagne Z350's within a six or seven row radius). Just one other Camaro besides my baby on our side of the lot - an absolutely menacing black LS1 SS (no other Stangs or F-Bodies to be seen, and believe me I notice them if they're around). I'm not suggesting that there will eventually be an equal or greater volume of Nissan Z's on the road, but just wait and see how exclusive these cars will be in a few years. They will be changing the body on these models in two years - mark my word.

FIrst of all, F-bodies are badass, and I love them. But there are a few things we have to cover. First of all, I rarely see a V-8 F-body(Z28 or SS). And it absolutely pisses me off that these companies make cars like this. A lot of peop are like, "yeah, that's my camaro over there," trying to sound bad-ass, but all they have is a damn V-6. I just hate. The F-body, in my opinion, is going down the drain becuse of this.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:40 AM   #118
TatII
AF Fanatic

and pick. the 350Z (Z33) has 287hp not 280.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 05:01 PM   #119
Pick
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by TatII
and pick. the 350Z (Z33) has 287hp not 280.
OK, which is even more my case and point.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:57 PM   #120
jak112460
AF Newbie

Somebody on this thread actually had the nerve to cut down other cars then admitted owning a M3. Let me tell you about the M3. The newest generation M3 has had to have the first years cars recalled due to oiling failures that have caused hundreds of complete engine failures. It was so bad that BMW has extended warranties. I owned a 2002 M3, paid for in cash, for about four months. What a dog!!! The car is good looking but gets lost in the crowd when lined up with its competitors in its price range. Heck my Mini Cooper S gets more looks than my M3 ever did. I own a brand new 2003 ZO6 that is supercharged and is getting a 427 stroker motor installed as we speak. That ZO6 does everything that the M3 does ,except blow up, and does it better. On top of that you cannot upgrade the horsepower of the M3 to any great extent. That little inline 6 is at its limit. My "crappy" Corvette can be upgraded to make over 600hp and still drive with the AC on. I suggest that before anyone flames another car that they look at what they drive first.
jak112460 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons