Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 08:12 AM   #46
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
I understand where people are coming from. They and I both agree that we think you should at least work for something so nice. Don't get me wrong man I'm not hating, I would have taken it also. I mean my first car was an 86' Cougar...and then I got a job. One day I saw a nice Z at the dealership, and thought it is now time! My parents did help me out with the down payment, but I make all the payments, and insurance. It just teaches you responsibility on how you can support yourself. Not the type of responsibility you are thinking of...taking care of a nice thing. Just so you dont think I am a middle aged guy with kids of my own, I'm 21. Dude we're just looking out for your best interests. Anyway, good luck with the 350!

P.S.> I am Jelous!

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
DemonZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 05:37 PM   #47
Basilisk
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Basilisk
Ok, so say that is your 350z i mean, do you really think you should have that as your first car? like as a 16 year old, ok it would be off the hook to just be given a brand new 350 but like even if your parents our rich, how did they get there? didnt they have to work for it? i mean, giving you a hella nice expensive car for your first car just dont seem right to me :/ but whatever, nice car
Old 12-11-2002, 06:26 PM   #48
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jumpman_Z
I do have a job, and one day I will have to pay for the insurance on the car. That's why I'm making sure that I have money saved up for when that day comes.

Quote:
Ok, so say that is your 350z i mean, do you really think you should have that as your first car? like as a 16 year old, ok it would be off the hook to just be given a brand new 350 but like even if your parents our rich, how did they get there? didnt they have to work for it? i mean, giving you a hella nice expensive car for your first car just dont seem right to me :/ but whatever, nice car
I never said my parents were rich. We're in good shape, that's all. I think the whole point of getting to a good financial status is so that they could have things that they didn't have when they were my age. If they were to just get me a cheap used car, when they could easily get the car that I wanted, why shouldn't they? Wouldn't that be just like starting over? Hopefully, if I am more successful than my parents, and can afford to get my child an SL500 while still being able to teach him values (or whatever you want to call it), I will.

I know a lot of kids whose parents can afford to get them a nice car, but instead they give them a $500 car, and get something new for themselves. A lot them figure that they'll never be able to afford a nice car, and would be happy owning a new Corolla or Civic. A lot of them just hope to get a job working as a salesman at a deparment store or working as a bank teller, teacher, or secretary. No ambition. I see how hard my parents had to work to be able to afford a car like this for me, and it has inspired to do even better.

It probably doesn't make much of a difference, but I'm 17 now, a senior. So it's not like I'm in 10th grade or anything.

Z33, 287 hp, 274 lb/ft torque. 'Nuff said.
Jumpman_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 04:18 AM   #49
jrt8222
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jrt8222
Question A little place called reality

Am I the only one here who read this thread and shook there head? Jummperman? Howbout jummperboy, not to knock you your family or your way of life but could the sivler spoon be shoved any farther down your throat? "I have to stay under 40k?" holy ****. I dont think you realize how much money that is. Do you have a job? No no a real job, not one your dad or one of the familys friends set you up with, A go out on your own and find a job JOB! Didnt think so. Let me lay it down to you from the prospective of the other 99% of us americans (GOD I hope your at least an american so help me...) who parents dont drop a cool 40k on our first car. You know what my first car was when I was 16?A 1976 datsun 710 staion wagon, yellow that you only like on stv's (give me a break) rusted out with shag carpeting. But you know what, that dosnt embarass me at all you know why? Cause it was MINE and it was all I could afford at the time. Now that I am 20 and have worked since I was your age and since joined the military and still work part time can I afford a 91 300zx TT. Your lack of appreciation for what your family has is evident in your spoiled brat demenour. I dout with a REAL job you could even afford the insurance on that car. And if you meet him again? Right. If you dont total that car in the first 6 months I will be suprised. Jummperboy why dont you visit a little place the rest of live its a little place I like to call reality.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:23 PM   #50
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to NiSmO_zt
lol first cars....and responsibility

lofl jrt, you are bringing back memories of my first car. when i turned 16, my father(since passed, rest his soul) surprised me with my first car, he bought it down the street at a YARD SALE, hahah, it was a 1987 chrysler lebaron, granted, the looks were not that bad(coupe), but the car was a junkyard dog. it ran on 3 cylinders(luckily), had no shocks on it whatsoever, tires were bald, paint gone on entire roof, oil spewing from the valve cover gasket, motormounts non-existent(lol, i could rock the engine about 4 inches front and back by hand...haha), and belts that howled with the best of 'em. the car sounded literally like a tractor at idle, he picked it up for $500. I worked on that car all summer to get it working right, turns out it had a bent exhaust valve on the third cylinder, so i got a new one and reseated it, worked fine after that....put some $99 for 4 tires on it and some cheap shocks and ended up selling it two years later for $1300.... it was reliable, and owning it taught me a lot about life itself. my parents could have dropped 5k on me for a car, but instead, bought a project vehicle. its not always about where you end up, its about how you get there. and working is a damn honest way to get there.
i know your type jumpman, you say youve learned just as much and are a more responsible person for owning a brand new car, but its just not possible. working through hard times is a massive character builder that can not be emulated by sitting in a new car and thinking about the less fortunate...and take a moment to think about how many people despise you for getting that car, that, even though they dont deserve that much, still deserve it much more than you, and only cause you came out of rich womb are you a "better, more deserving person" ....what a crock of bullshit. dont forget you are no different than the guy next to you in the parking lot with the beater with the flat tires that wont start, that was me
one last thing...it cant possibly be motivating to own a brand new car when your 16, motivation comes from owning crap and working on crap every day to keep the house or car running, and saying to yourself, " i dont want to do this for the rest of my life, let alone another day, or minute, or second", but some people have to work for what they have, which is much more rewarding than being given what you want....maybe life will kick you in the ass someday, and youll realize that
and oh yeah....props for defending yourself this long
Old 12-13-2002, 12:08 AM   #51
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Quote:
Am I the only one here who read this thread and shook there head? Jummperman? Howbout jummperboy, not to knock you your family or your way of life but could the sivler spoon be shoved any farther down your throat? "I have to stay under 40k?" holy ****. I dont think you realize how much money that is. Do you have a job? No no a real job, not one your dad or one of the familys friends set you up with, A go out on your own and find a job JOB! Didnt think so. Let me lay it down to you from the prospective of the other 99% of us americans (GOD I hope your at least an american so help me...) who parents dont drop a cool 40k on our first car. You know what my first car was when I was 16?A 1976 datsun 710 staion wagon, yellow that you only like on stv's (give me a break) rusted out with shag carpeting. But you know what, that dosnt embarass me at all you know why? Cause it was MINE and it was all I could afford at the time. Now that I am 20 and have worked since I was your age and since joined the military and still work part time can I afford a 91 300zx TT. Your lack of appreciation for what your family has is evident in your spoiled brat demenour. I dout with a REAL job you could even afford the insurance on that car. And if you meet him again? Right. If you dont total that car in the first 6 months I will be suprised. Jummperboy why dont you visit a little place the rest of live its a little place I like to call reality.
Yes, I have a part-time job, and I don't mean some job where I run errands or make copies of stuff. REAL work. I have other ways of earning money, (which I will not go further into, since it is none of your business, but it is legal), that would allow me to be able to afford to purchase the car. Maybe not the Track, but the Performance model for sure. In the last 6 months, I have worked and saved well over $6,000, more than enough for a down payment on a track 350Z. Now that the first semester of school is almost over and my job is only on weekends, I will begin looking for another part-time job, which would pay for insurance.I chose to let my parents pay for my car, because I have decided to invest my money rather than buy a car with it. Maybe it's wise decisions like that which made my parents feel that they can trust me with a $40k car.

Be honest, now. If your parents offered to get you the 96 300ZX when you were 16, would you have said "No, I just get me an '88 Celica, so that I learn a lesson in life?" I think not.

I haven't said anything that could have led you to conclude that I am a spoiled brat, but it wouldn't have mattered what I said, you would have anyway. I really don't care if you end my name with "boy" or "man", but don't judge me, since you have not even met me.

Quote:
lofl jrt, you are bringing back memories of my first car. when i turned 16, my father(since passed, rest his soul) surprised me with my first car, he bought it down the street at a YARD SALE, hahah, it was a 1987 chrysler lebaron, granted, the looks were not that bad(coupe), but the car was a junkyard dog. it ran on 3 cylinders(luckily), had no shocks on it whatsoever, tires were bald, paint gone on entire roof, oil spewing from the valve cover gasket, motormounts non-existent(lol, i could rock the engine about 4 inches front and back by hand...haha), and belts that howled with the best of 'em. the car sounded literally like a tractor at idle, he picked it up for $500. I worked on that car all summer to get it working right, turns out it had a bent exhaust valve on the third cylinder, so i got a new one and reseated it, worked fine after that....put some $99 for 4 tires on it and some cheap shocks and ended up selling it two years later for $1300.... it was reliable, and owning it taught me a lot about life itself. my parents could have dropped 5k on me for a car, but instead, bought a project vehicle. its not always about where you end up, its about how you get there. and working is a damn honest way to get there.
i know your type jumpman, you say youve learned just as much and are a more responsible person for owning a brand new car, but its just not possible. working through hard times is a massive character builder that can not be emulated by sitting in a new car and thinking about the less fortunate...and take a moment to think about how many people despise you for getting that car, that, even though they dont deserve that much, still deserve it much more than you, and only cause you came out of rich womb are you a "better, more deserving person" ....what a crock of bullshit. dont forget you are no different than the guy next to you in the parking lot with the beater with the flat tires that wont start, that was me
one last thing...it cant possibly be motivating to own a brand new car when your 16, motivation comes from owning crap and working on crap every day to keep the house or car running, and saying to yourself, " i dont want to do this for the rest of my life, let alone another day, or minute, or second", but some people have to work for what they have, which is much more rewarding than being given what you want....maybe life will kick you in the ass someday, and youll realize that
and oh yeah....props for defending yourself this long
That's cool, you got to get a project car, restore to good running condition, get some good mechanic skills along the way, and still make some profit off of it (unless you had other expenses). Maybe this summer I can do that with my dad's 280ZX project car, since it doesn't seem like he's going to finish it.

No, you do not know me. A better, more deserving person? I never that or anything that should have given you the idea that I felt that way. I might be a little cocky, but am NOT some spoiled asshole who has never worked a day in and feels that the he is better than everyone else. Like I said before, I am NOT rich. Maybe we have different definitions of the word. We were not always in the financial status that we are in today. I know what it's like to have someone make fun of you because your car is not nearly as nice as theirs. So don't give me that 'spoiled" crap. I get my motivation from seeing how hard my parents had to work to get to the point that they are in their lives now. Just because I got things easier than others, it doesn't discourage me from working to improve off of that. I mean, I've gotta be able to improve if I ever want to fulfill that dream of owning a Murcielago and mansion in Beverly Hills...

One more thing. I did look around at those peole who despise me for having the car, and you know what? I don't care, because 99% of them are the same people who are in their situation because they are to damn lazy to work for anything, and would rather lie, steal and cheat to get something for nothing. Definitely not the crowd that I want to influence me.

Well, that's enough, I'm tired of typing this. Most of you will probably just respond, without reading any of it, anyway. I don't know why I keep responding, I guess I just feel the need to.

Last edited by Jumpman_Z; 12-13-2002 at 01:09 AM.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:56 AM   #52
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
I don't hate man. I just want to know where you live so I can sneak by for a test drive!

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
DemonZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 12:21 PM   #53
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

well

i must be that one percent then, cause ive always worked my ass off for what ive gotten, and i continue to work my ass off at the best engineering school in the nation. true, some of the kids will lie and steal and sell drugs and whatnot to get ahead, but like i said, its not where you end up, its how you got there, and thats just not a viable way to do it. While you say you could afford the car with your income, but this, however, is not possible as well. In one year, you will be going to college, which will take all of your time and money, if indeed, you are as motivated as you say you are and attend a high quality institution to do "better" than your parents did. Trying to say you could afford that car is absurd, only because you have absolutely no other expenses now is the only possible way. It costs 30k a year where i go (rose-hulman), and i will be paying off every damn penny when i get out, thats why i drive a $2500 car, and even if i had a 350z right now, i would sell it and put the money toward tuition. If your priorities are in only a car, you should hold on to it, because you may end up sleeping in it in the not too distant future.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:22 PM   #54
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

Yeah, I thought about that. I don't want to go to college and not be able to pay for expenses (car maintenance, food, rent, etc.) Even though my parents are going to help me, I'm trying to save every penny that I can for any emergencies. Or maybe, I might just not take the car to college, since I'll most likely be going out of state. I don't feel too comfortable taking the car to college my first year, anyway.

Old 12-14-2002, 12:11 AM   #55
jrt8222
AF Newbie

nismo and me the 1% :)

Kudos nismo you sound like the kind of hard worknig american in which I proudly would give my life to defend (USAF). I guess me and you must be that 1% of people who work there butts off to get by and support those higher class people by worknig for them and those lower class people on welfare. And jummperboy...I would spend some effort to reply with a witty comeback to why I think you saving 6k in a semster is bs but I just did and 11 hour shift at wal-mart in the lay-a-way department and just dont have the energy. Nuff said.
Old 12-14-2002, 01:02 AM   #56
Jumpman_Z
AF Regular

I really don't care what you think is bs. Facts are facts. I get the quarterly bank statements to prove it. If you don't like working the 11-hour shift, maybe you could use the time that you spend complaining about how I don't deserve a car because I didn't slave for it, and look in the newspaper, and find a job that pays more in less hours. You'll find that places other than Wal-Mart are hiring.

Old 12-14-2002, 04:00 AM   #57
hippified320
AF Newbie

Anyone here ever eaten ketchup sandwiches three meals a day? ha ha...my favorite is when all we had was old bread and blue cheese. It's pretty good when you're hungry. even just blue cheese. Usually the last thing in the fridge that goes bad. One time my mom threw a bag of disgusting chips from the dollar store at my face. I picked them all up off the floor and ate them like they were hot wings. Taste changes quickly when you've got nothing else.
hippified320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 03:57 PM   #58
NiSmO_zt
AF Regular

shit yeah lunchbox

word jrt
Old 12-15-2002, 12:34 AM   #59
jrt8222
AF Newbie

woa good idea..

Oh hell what was i thinking? Damn ill just go get that job for more pay with less hours, damn and to think all this time all I had to do was look in the paper! :finger: LOL another prime example on how out of touch with reality you are. You made 6k in 6 months? Then you got a padded job. What do you "FILE PAPERS" at your dads office for 25$ an hour? Please, lets do the math working man, if you worked 40 hrs a week every week for 6 months you would have to make $7.15 an hour to make 6k, now that in itself wouldnt be unbelieveable but thats without paying taxes and comeon lets face it you have never worked 40hrs in a week in your entire life. So lets be a little more realistic lets say you did make that $25 an hour answering phones at your dadies office. And you worked 30 hours a week (the legal limit in most states) then you could do it. Hey goodjob! Now you can afford the insurance....oh wait your 16...a 350z? yea 6k would about cover it for 6 months. Your spoiled, whats woarse is that you think that you deserve and should get what you have when in fact you should shut your boastful mouth, quit telling people about your twisted views of life and count your blessings, cause money aint what its all about. Maybee insted of worrying about what your parents could and should buy with there as you claim hard earned money you could take some of that and donate it to a shelter or a toy drive, there is alot of kids out there without a warm coat this winter and that wont be getting any toys for christmas. So next time you start to reply to this post about how just and good you and your values are, stow it. Nobody cares. Go donate your time to charity or a worthy cause. Tell me about working in a soup kitchen or helping the homeless and then I will be impressed, cause the car is just a possesion, one you didnt even earn.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:06 AM   #60
Jetts
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Jetts
Fuck yea i'm 16 and i drive my moms car to work when i get a chance if she doesnt need it, i usally ride my bike (5miles one way) and on sundays i donate my time to the retirement home i asked my parents for 1k and they told me no go get it yourself...
giving your kids 40k when they turn 16 doesnt teach them shit.
I know my parents can afford to buy me a car but they know it is better to earn your own belongings. I have bought my own tv, computer, ps2, stereo, pay for my cell phone and my parents didnt help me at all.
Spoiled little brats just tick me off and they all think they are going to end up the big rich punks... cause they are and they are going to get it all from mommy and daddy when they die.

so fuck all u spoiled little bitches

11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..
Jetts is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)