Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which car is better? (Pictures of cars listed posted below)
2002 VW GTI 30 16.57%
2002 Acura RSX Type S 28 15.47%
2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 20 11.05%
2002 Honda Civic Si 7 3.87%
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 86 47.51%
2002 Ford SVT Focus 10 5.52%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 03:17 PM   #16
bassik277
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by MiSter MAn
What do you all think of the new honda, ford, and the celica?
The Celica is pretty cool, although it is starting to look outdated, I wish toyota would make bring back the Supra which still looks pretty cool. As for its performance, it is pretty fast and has pretty good handling but nothing exceptional, but the front seats are really comfortable and have a lot of room.

The SVT focus in my opinion doesn't look all that bad, although people feel the need to criticize it simply because it is ford. However I wish SVT would have injected a little more horsies in it.

The new Honda is a ugly copy of the focus which has an underpowered RSX engine and the only thing original about it is the dash mounted shifter.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:19 PM   #17
bassik277
AF Regular

Has anybody driven, owned or knows someone who owns one of any of the cars listed? If so please give me your opinions on them
Old 08-19-2001, 03:21 PM   #18
bassik277
AF Regular

I like every aspect of the GTI except the fact tha people consider it to be a girls car, what do you guy think
Old 08-21-2001, 02:04 PM   #19
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by bassik277
I like every aspect of the GTI except the fact tha people consider it to be a girls car, what do you guy think
I don't think so. The only VW "girl car" (IMHO) is the Cabrio. *cough*TunaBasket*cough* Even the Beetle can go both ways nowadays.
Old 08-21-2001, 03:39 PM   #20
Adam
AF Enthusiast

then get the GTI. I don't consider it a girl's car at all. whatever one you like best.

about the celica looking outdated? WHAT??? no way. ok.. kinda. only 1 thing though: the back lights. EVERYTHING else looks great.

the RSX i wish had a lower belt line. just lower the car and it could be better.
Old 08-22-2001, 07:13 PM   #21
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

I think the WRX is the best car here if you actually drive, it's 0-60mph is already under 6 seconds... while all the others are around 7.
But it would be a tough choice for me, I'd have to pick either RSX or WRX....... all the other ones don't even compare
Old 08-22-2001, 09:49 PM   #22
RiceRocket
AF Enthusiast

Talking

I'm normally a honda person just because here in the US they make the best cars as far as performance and platform for upgrades. It seems like other cars are catching up now...

the WRX, come on... get this Turbo and All wheel drive... you're set. You'll kill the RSX any time of the day. It has proven record on the track and on the dirt.

Of course if you drop several grand on the RSX, you can mod it out to be just as fast or faster... i still like the AWD idea though... that just evens the envelope more. Hopefully Mitsubishi brings over the EVO series, that would be so bad!... more challenge for Honda and Toyota.

RSX, yes... great power... great handling but i just don't quite like the look yet. Seems like a cross over of the new Civic and Celica... I might consider one if they bring in the R badge.

Also, has anyone seen the Mercedes Benze C Coupe? This is Mercedes answer to the RSX, Celica, WRX and all those compact vehicles. Its very luxurious and very fast too... only 5 hp shy of an RSX.

AF TOFU CREW MEMBER #03 - First Rule of Tofu Crew is You don't talk about the Tofu Crew!
Old 08-23-2001, 05:20 PM   #23
MiSter MAn
Banned

NISSAN

I think the nissan maxima is pretty nice.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:29 PM   #24
RiceRocket
AF Enthusiast

Nissans are pretty nice... hope they bring their silvias over!! that would spice up the import scene more! heheheh....

AF TOFU CREW MEMBER #03 - First Rule of Tofu Crew is You don't talk about the Tofu Crew!
Old 08-25-2001, 02:08 PM   #25
Adam
AF Enthusiast

ACTUALLY... the RSX Type-S goes from 0 - 60 mph in 6.1 seconds !!! so there

but the wrx DOES do 60 in 5.6 seconds....

bassik, why aren't you considering the Mitsubishi Eclipse?
Old 08-25-2001, 03:53 PM   #26
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

yeah 95-99 eclipse GSXs are sweet
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 08-25-2001, 08:38 PM   #27
MiSter MAn
Banned

eclipse

eclipses are pretty nice..but they kinda a girl car. SO yea.
Old 08-26-2001, 12:13 AM   #28
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Re: eclipse

Quote:
Originally posted by MiSter MAn
eclipses are pretty nice..but they kinda a girl car. SO yea.
that's kinda dumb thing ta say.... I'd agree with you if you said the RS and GS are girl cars but the GSX is a real man's car, it runs with the integra Type-R... and if you said a type-r is a girls car, than :finger:
hehe
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 08-26-2001, 07:04 AM   #29
MiSter MAn
Banned

:flash:

I suppose. EH.
Old 08-26-2001, 11:50 AM   #30
bassik277
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam

bassik, why aren't you considering the Mitsubishi Eclipse?
Ever since they redesigned the car for 2000 it got uglier (in my opinion) plus it lost everything it had going for it (4wd, turbo). I would consider a 95-99 but I want a new car.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons