Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which has the best performance?
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR FQ400 27 51.92%
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 20 38.46%
2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 01:55 PM   #46
S2CorollaR
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to S2CorollaR
Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

I could beat you in a foot race, I'm sure... The thing is, what does that have to do with this argument? Nothing. About the same amount that the C6 Corvette has to do with this argument.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:51 PM   #47
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti1689
Look closer, though, and you wonder whether any other automaker in the world can get away with charging more than $45 grand for a car with such poorly fitted panels and a steering wheel from a Chevy Malibu. What's more, our tester groaned and creaked like the ship in the "Master and Commander" every time we drove up angled ramps in the underground garage at Motor Trend Towers, and the detachable roof squeaked and rattled constantly. YTou can't help feeling that, if GM had spent just a little more money and it had been prepared to sweat the detals a bit harder, the C6 could've been the first Corvette that didn't rely on price to make it a winner.

Yes, it costs a lot more, but it's Porsche's unrelenting attention to detail that explains why the Carrers S, with less power and more weight, delievers virtually identical performance to the Corvette. And why it seems more composed, more effortless on almost any piece of road you care to throw it at. The 911 Carrera S is simply the better sports car. At any price."
This review sounds very biased. Whoever is doing this review is trying very hard to make the Corvette look like rubbish. The fact is if you expect a car to rattle and squeak and start listening out for it, you will hear it regardless of intensity. They won’t be satisfied until the Corvette is making less noise then a bloody electric car.
If they are going to make comparisons of interior noise then it should be backed up by relevant data from the appropriate sound measuring equipment. Otherwise it is biased towards a reviewer’s likes and dislikes.

As for the fit and finish fiasco, it seems to me that they are taking the usual cheap shoot at quality based loosely on their expectations of American cars. C6 & C5 incorporate dimensional management in their construction, essentially giving each part and panel an X,Y,Z reference point. A part, such as a panel for instance, with ether fit properly or not fit at all due to the precise positioning of the joins.

I know that a Porsche is worth the price it commands (I mean its a Porsche for god sake!). But I cannot stand the usual snobbery that occurs when the Corvette is compared to a more expensive European marque.

"I am ispeptic, phasmatic even compuntious to cause you such perry combobulations."
E. Blackadder 1827
Old 12-05-2004, 07:48 PM   #48
MR2Driver
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettribution87
This review sounds very biased. Whoever is doing this review is trying very hard to make the Corvette look like rubbish. The fact is if you expect a car to rattle and squeak and start listening out for it, you will hear it regardless of intensity. They won’t be satisfied until the Corvette is making less noise then a bloody electric car.
If they are going to make comparisons of interior noise then it should be backed up by relevant data from the appropriate sound measuring equipment. Otherwise it is biased towards a reviewer’s likes and dislikes.
I dont think the review sounds biased at all. They mention facts, they said the chassis and roof sqeaked and rattled constantly. Sounds like a common observation. How many testers have you ever heard quote the sound decible of an exhuast that was too loud.

I agree with the tester, for the performance and pricetag of the Corvette, I dont even understand why GM makes the interior up to par with any other car in its pricerange, there should be more balance between the automaker's priorities.

You telling me you wouldnt prefer it if Corvette's had nicer interiors, and a more solid chassis? You dont have to defend a car when someone mentions its needs for improvement.

If i were a Vette owner i'd be flattered that the only room for complaint of my car were its dash trim...

Heck, even the Mclaren has its complaints (vague front end, twitchy rear, weak brakes, heavy steering)

As for the EVO interior vs the C5 Z06's interior, they're both below par when you compare them to the other value for money aspects of the car. Basically, if they were nicer, you'd have one heck of a package for value. But I personally think the Vette's interior is nicer than the Mitsu's... But compared to every other car on the road, they're both on the same level.

Performance wise, i'd rather have the EVO
Old 12-05-2004, 10:17 PM   #49
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachean
I dont think the review sounds biased at all. They mention facts, they said the chassis and roof sqeaked and rattled constantly. Sounds like a common observation. How many testers have you ever heard quote the sound decible of an exhuast that was too loud.
What I’m saying is that it would be better to record the interior noise of a car and observe the waves on a computer as perceived hearing is based on a change in sound intensity. For example if you are in an office environment and a plate smashes you will hear the sound but it won’t cause you to jump out of you’re skin. If on the other hand you’re working late, everyone’s gone home and the plate smashes you nearly have a heart attack. The change in sound intensity is measured in decibels (dB). The plate dropping in the noisy office might be 50dB where as in the empty office it might be 70-80 dB.
In the case of cars if you have a car with a quiet engine the sound of a squeaking aperture in the interior will stand out where as if there were more noise intrusion from the road or engine then the squeaking would go unnoticed.

Quote:
You telling me you wouldn’t prefer it if Corvette's had nicer interiors, and a more solid chassis? You don’t have to defend a car when someone mentions its needs for improvement.
Certainly but not at the expense of price and weight.
And if the chassis were any more solid and stiff it would probably be a risk to the kidney to drive.

Quote:
If i were a Vette owner i'd be flattered that the only room for complaint of my car were its dash trim...
Yeh I suppose.

But they did use the interior as a deciding factor in the review, which is a bit unfair when comparing to a car that’s some $35,655 cheaper.

I have no problem with the Porsche winning the review but they gave no credit for the Corvette's value when considering looks and performance. Instead they made it out as if it were like a cheap motorbike and declared the Porsche as simply better.
Better? A very vague statement if you ask me.

Quote:
Performance wise, i'd rather have the EVO
Not me. Performance wise I find a 4cyl to be too peaky. I prefer the good broad power band that a V8 engine offers.

"I am ispeptic, phasmatic even compuntious to cause you such perry combobulations."
E. Blackadder 1827
Old 12-10-2004, 12:27 AM   #50
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
I think your all missing the main point of these cars. Why are there two pages of discussion on which substandard interior is shittier? We are talking about sports cars that offer value (please note the term value). Value comes at a cost. Granted a nice interior is nice to have, but its the last thing I look for in a sports car. I prefer indulging in the enthusiast aspects over amenities. As long as everything inside the cabin works as its suppost to, I'm gravy. Anyways I'm sure the person going to buy one of these cars are interested in it because of its appealing cabin....(give me a break). I cannot believe we're trying to justify these cars by their interior!! Somebody slap me so I can wake up!

I think the automotive world is becoming spoiled by Europeans expensive and refined automobilies .

When in doubt, always blame the Europeans!!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:44 PM   #51
Alaa 3000GT
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Alaa 3000GT

There is not doubt that the EVO MR FQ400 will take the lead and pass Corvette Z06 and Mustang Cobra R because it got a light weight ..
Old 12-21-2004, 10:53 PM   #52
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaa 3000GT
There is not doubt that the EVO MR FQ400 will take the lead and pass Corvette Z06 and Mustang Cobra R because it got a light weight ..
The FQ400 weighs more then the Z06.
3118lbs (Z06) verses 3240lbs (FQ400) a difference of 122lbs.

E. Blackadder 1827
Old 12-21-2004, 11:04 PM   #53
Alaa 3000GT
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
The FQ400 weighs more then the Z06.
3118lbs (Z06) verses 3240lbs (FQ400) a difference of 122lbs.
Do you have a site proves the weight ?

Do you know the Evo FQ400 passed a Lamborghini Murcielago and you can see the video in Car videos Fourm ?!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:15 PM   #54
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Do you have a site proves the weight ?
2002 Z06 specs

FQ400 specs

Quote:
Do you know the Evo FQ400 passed a Lamborghini Murcielago and you can see the video in Car videos Fourm ?!
I havent seen it because govenment computers are so so slow that I cannot streem it let alone download it.

E. Blackadder 1827
Old 12-21-2004, 11:32 PM   #55
Alaa 3000GT
AF Newbie

Vettribution87

It still has a light weight , if you compare it to a stock 3000GT 91 which weighs 3789.7 lbs exactly 1719kg .. you will probably say it's weightless .

How many seconds can the FQ400 run a 1/4 time ?

btw the corvette isn't faster than the Evo from 0-100 .

Corevette Z06 2002 sprints from 0-100 in 9.5s .
Mitsubishi Lancer FQ400 sprints from 0-100 in 9.1s .

After 100mph who will win ?
Old 12-21-2004, 11:34 PM   #56
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:

I havent seen it because govenment computers are so so slow that I cannot streem it let alone download it.
Sry bought that. But hey, if it wasn't for computers like that, I wouldn't be able to make fun of them!!

Crap I'm getting off the thread.

P.S. You never saw this reply
Old 12-22-2004, 12:08 AM   #57
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Quote:
Vettribution87

It still has a light weight , if you compare it to a stock 3000GT 91 which weighs 3789.7 lbs exactly 1719kg .. you will probably say it's weightless.
Certainly the FQ400 is no boat anchor. It is as light as they come, especially considering the AWD system it has to lug around, but fact is fact and the Corvette is indeed lighter.

Quote:
How many seconds can the FQ400 run a 1/4 time ?.
I do not know but the 2002 Z06 did a 1/4-mile time of 12.5 sec.

Quote:
btw the corvette isn't faster than the Evo from 0-100 .

Corevette Z06 2002 sprints from 0-100 in 9.5s .
Mitsubishi Lancer FQ400 sprints from 0-100 in 9.1s
Indeed. That is the advantage offered by AWD and short ratio gearing. It’s an advantage but not necessarily one that would garner a decisive victory over a Z06. Unless of course it was raining.

Quote:
After 100mph who will win ?
I would say the Z06 because of the enormous effect aerodynamics has at the higher speeds. The Corvettes shape and low profile allow it to reach higher speeds with less drag. The FQ400 is still loosely based on a humble 4-door sedan and so the vehicles profile would be higher then the Vettes even if you lowered the suspension to point it was almost scraping the pavement. This is where the body kit comes in. In order to stop the FQ400 from taking off like a plane at high speed it is necessary to fit a large air dam at the front and a huge spoiler at the back. This may keep traction a plenty at higher speed but it also reduces you’re top end acceleration as well as top speed due to excessive drag.

E. Blackadder 1827
Old 12-22-2004, 01:07 AM   #58
Alaa 3000GT
AF Newbie

I think that the Corvette gonna smoke the FQ400

from rolling and top speed race , And I think the evo will

pass the Corvette in Qurater Mile . The Weight of

the FQ400 is good and lighter if you compared it to

the Panzer (( 3000GT )) .
Old 12-22-2004, 01:29 AM   #59
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

I don't see why there is much debate about this, the FQ400 was able to beat a Pagani Zonda, which has a 7.3 litre V8 and 547 bhp while weighing a light (For a 7.3 V8 Supercar) 1280 Kg.

So by all logic a Zonda could beat a Corvette Z06, hence a FQ400 could as well.

Add to that: The Evo's modifications that tickle it to 400bhp are done by Ralliart, who I believe are a fully controlled by Mitsubishi (Either way they are factory backed)

The Evo has the added bonus of AWD and an active differential (Which means it can be driven in all weather).

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 12-22-2004, 01:37 AM   #60
Alaa 3000GT
AF Newbie

Jimster

I've read about the FQ400 that accelerates from 0-60mph faster than Zonda but I don't think it's faster after 60 MPH or a faster in a race from rolling .. AWD system helps the Evo to accelerate quickly to 60 MPH .

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons