Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which has the best performance?
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR FQ400 27 51.92%
2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 20 38.46%
2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 12:38 AM   #16
flsurf420
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to flsurf420
Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

well the evo puts out 405 at 6800rpm and the corvette at 6k, and motor for motor the corvette takes the evo seeing how the mr uses forced induction. supercharge the ls1 and you've got yourself a badass motor which is much more than an ordinary evo. also look at the torque 355 vs 400. and then you've got weight. so the only real way to test this is not only on a straight track but on a few curves. but honestly you cant compare new to old, they upped the hp in the evo so why cant chevy? (meaning use the 05 z06 instead) and seeing how were talking new, lets not get started on the ls2...
Old 11-21-2004, 02:33 AM   #17
TatII
AF Fanatic

you make the FQ sound like it can't handle compared to a Vette. on the top gear test track, the FQ was almost as fast a 500hp lamborghini gallardo.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 11-21-2004, 10:25 AM   #18
Mtang36
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII
you make the FQ sound like it can't handle compared to a Vette. on the top gear test track, the FQ was almost as fast a 500hp lamborghini gallardo.
The Murcielago. Not the Gallardo. It beat the Gallardo. On straights as well and by quite a bit.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:48 PM   #19
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsurf420
well the evo puts out 405 at 6800rpm and the corvette at 6k, and motor for motor the corvette takes the evo seeing how the mr uses forced induction. supercharge the ls1 and you've got yourself a badass motor which is much more than an ordinary evo. also look at the torque 355 vs 400. and then you've got weight. so the only real way to test this is not only on a straight track but on a few curves. but honestly you cant compare new to old, they upped the hp in the evo so why cant chevy? (meaning use the 05 z06 instead) and seeing how were talking new, lets not get started on the ls2...
I wouldn't really consider the 2004 Z06 as old, and last time I checked the C6 Z06 is suppose to be a 2006 model, so really what are you talking about? And supercharge this and it will be better, I'm asking how the cars compare stock for stock so stay on topic, and I wouldn't under estimate the 4G63T.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:35 PM   #20
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

I would obviously choose the Z06 followed by the Stang.
The problem I have with the Lancer is it seems quite unusual to have a 4cyl engine doing 405hp from the factory. Something in the back of my mind keeps saying, "What’s the catch?".

"I am ispeptic, phasmatic even compuntious to cause you such perry combobulations."
E. Blackadder 1827
Old 11-24-2004, 11:13 PM   #21
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettribution87
The problem I have with the Lancer is it seems quite unusual to have a 4cyl engine doing 405hp from the factory. Something in the back of my mind keeps saying, "What’s the catch?".

Ther catch is there will be very few of them and quite expensive.

And its not 405 from the factory, they come in england as regular lancer EVOs and they get torn up there and fully rebuild by the same guys that build Mitsu's WRC engines. So you can rest assured that the engine is bulletproof.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 11-24-2004, 11:23 PM   #22
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino
Ther catch is there will be very few of them and quite expensive.

And its not 405 from the factory, they come in england as regular lancer EVOs and they get torn up there and fully rebuild by the same guys that build Mitsu's WRC engines. So you can rest assured that the engine is bulletproof.
So it’s kind of like the same deal as with the Callaway Corvettes.

ie: Standard car goes from factory to a tuning workshop where the engine is stripped down and rebuilt with different parts and added performance accessories.

"I am ispeptic, phasmatic even compuntious to cause you such perry combobulations."
E. Blackadder 1827
Old 11-24-2004, 11:25 PM   #23
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19

Quote:
I do know what you mean as far as having a small 4cylinder pushing 405hp. That is absolutley ridiculous....and quite impressive at the same time. Although these cars make their horsepower in very unique and mutually different ways, the same general reason remains. These are engines built to serve our passionate lives in a more thrilling sensation. A feeling that gives' somebody a reason to get up early in the morning. (or not....maybe its only me?) But you get the idea, all these cars are very respectable cars, that deserve their respect (as they do recieve). In the end of it all, different cars are loved to be essentially hated. And thus, the great automotive individuality and backing begins!

Crazy Automotive Theory 101 and a half..
Old 11-25-2004, 01:11 AM   #24
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
So it’s kind of like the same deal as with the Callaway Corvettes.

ie: Standard car goes from factory to a tuning workshop where the engine is stripped down and rebuilt with different parts and added performance accessories.

kind of, but the EVO FQ 400 has official factory backing and involvement so its not considered a tuner car.

Chevy could do the same with lingenfelter or callaway but they would have to be responsible for the cars. Submit them to the DOT as part of their fleet, and offer waranties to customers.

(\__/)
Old 11-25-2004, 01:16 AM   #25
Vettribution87
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino
kind of, but the EVO FQ 400 has official factory backing and involvement so its not considered a tuner car.

Chevy could do the same with lingenfelter or callaway but they would have to be responsible for the cars. Submit them to the DOT as part of their fleet, and offer waranties to customers.
It would be interesting if Chevy did something similar with the Vette but it would probably be far too expensive. If they stuck a built racing LS2 engine in a Corvette it would probably fall short of being street legal.

E. Blackadder 1827
Old 11-25-2004, 01:29 AM   #26
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EVO MR FQ400 vs. Corvette Z06 vs. Mustang Cobra R

Quote:
It would be interesting if Chevy did something similar with the Vette but it would probably be far too expensive. If they stuck a built racing LS2 engine in a Corvette it would probably fall short of being street legal.

true its not easy for manufacturers to do stuff like that, they have to certify the whole car all over again to make sure its road legal. And probably the worst is offering warranties. People would take that vette and abuse at the strip and road courses, and chevy would have to train a bunch of technicians all over the country to fix it.

(\__/)
Old 11-27-2004, 11:38 PM   #27
NISSANSPDR
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NISSANSPDR

I think the closest thing I can think of is AMG, the M branch, SVT w/Ford, PVO w/Dodge, etc...tuned in house...w/warranties

Old 11-28-2004, 12:00 AM   #28
NerveAgent
AF Enthusiast

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR FQ400
recockulous value.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #29
huckleberrydude
AF Newbie

no way I would take a poor build quality vehichle over a vette. The vette has the same hp and more torque at less than 3100lbs. the vette is not all tweaked out and has a lot of extra hp potential out of the box. But I'm biased since I drive a Z06. I went 11.9 with only headers and CAI on factory tires. for about five grand I'll be deep in the 10s. All this for a road race car that just happens to go fast in a straight line+chicks dig it.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:27 PM   #30
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

wait a minute, did someone say they'd wouldn't take a 'poor build quality' vehicle over a corvette?
since when were corvettes high quality build/material cars?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons