Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 09:39 PM   #1
spendyjunker
AF Newbie

Altima = american Skyline

Hey do you guy think a tuned up Altima can beat a tuned up Subaru WRX?. I think it might have a chance. Because I've heard that with the right amount of money you can tune it for 400 bhp's. I'VE HEARD!!!!!
So I'm thinking the Altima might be the american Skyline?! Legal for street, race, and show. Because if you think about america is just going to strip the power right out of the skyline. So really the skyline probly be the same!?
Think about it and post back.
spendyjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #2
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Altima = american Skyline

no, the G35 is the american skyline. the AWD G35 just came out this month and with the greddy TT kit it makes 440 Wheel hp. not to mention the VQ block is lighter than the RB so the weight is distributed better, giving the car more stable handling. a FWD car with 400 hp is just asking for trouble, unless it's strictly a track car.

what i was wondering is if the AWD tranny from the murano/fx could possibly be swapped into an 04 maxima. that'd be awesome. that and the CVT tranny would be nice, even though i don't really like automatics.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 07:32 PM   #3
spendyjunker
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Altima = american Skyline

Well I think your right. But the skyline doesn't float my boat anyway. HELL!!! I live in alaska so it at my fault I don't know much about the skyline(only one full skyline here)/means others are just motors/.

In anycase I'd rather have a Subaru RS with a swap WRX motor and a full rollcage. I'll stick to snow rally racing.

Alaska is filled with ONLY CIVICS,FWD is it. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spendyjunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:06 AM   #4
techmodealtima95
AF Newbie

The g35 is the fake skyline. its so fake its embarrassing to call the two related. No AWD, No Turbo. As for the altima, guess what? In japan the altima is called the bluebird.
Bluebird: U13 chasis, sr20det engine(thats turbo), 4WD, oh and aftermarket parts are a breeze to find because of the sr20det is so widely used.
so guess what they call the skyline?
"Big Brother"
and guess what they call the blue bird?
"little brother"
so believe or not the skyline and altima do share some connection and relation in their own distant ways. oh and nissan means big brother.
and in america its not the car but the driver that makes the difference. Look back a couple issues of sport compact mag... and u will find a nissan altima 95 with a turbo kit on his KA24DE squeezin NOS pushin low 10's and high 9's....
yeah... hit the ebrake learn the FW drift.... not the car... the driver.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #5
paparay
AF Newbie

There is no replacement for displacement.
paparay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 11:30 AM   #6
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparay
There is no replacement for displacement.
yeah there is, they're called turbo's.

buick grand national X. 285 hp and 345 lbs of TQ out of a 3.8 L6 Turbo.
2.6 I6 skyline runs a 13.7 1/4, faster than a 320 Hp trans am or SS camaro w/ a 5.7 V8. the 1.3L mazda Rx-7, don't even get me started, 850+hp capable and a 10,500 rpm redline and they can handle damn good. big displacement engines burn more gas and they disturb a cars ability to handle well due to excessive weight in the front of the car.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:52 PM   #7
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmodealtima95
The g35 is the fake skyline. its so fake its embarrassing to call the two related. No AWD, No Turbo.
Ever hear of the Skyline GTS? It's a rwd, 2L, normally aspirated model. There are several lower level models like that. Some R31 Skylines in the past even came with 4-bangers. Just because it has the Skyline name doesn't mean it has awd and a turbo. Not every Skyline is the GT-R.

The Infiniti G35/ V35 Skyline is probably one of the best-ever regular Skylines.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:06 PM   #8
mayday2004
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mayday2004

are you a dumbass G35 does not have 400HP idiots its 265 fucking stock maybe 400HP tunned
mayday2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:29 AM   #9
Twyzz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Twyzz
some of the older skyline gtr's were non-turbo 4 bangers
Twyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:10 PM   #10
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday2004
are you a dumbass G35 does not have 400HP idiots its 265 fucking stock maybe 400HP tunned

well, you are a retard. no one said they did. the kid just mentioned that he had heard that an altima could be tuned to 400 hp, i, however, said that with the greddy Twin Turbo Kit, the G35 is able to produce 440 wheel horsepower, you're the stupid asshole who flew off the handle and made an unqualified statement before fully understanding the thread. for the record, it's tuned not tunned and it's 260 hp not 265; 280 for the 6 spd sport coupe.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:50 AM   #11
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP2K2Max
yeah there is, they're called turbo's.

buick grand national X. 285 hp and 345 lbs of TQ out of a 3.8 L6 Turbo.
2.6 I6 skyline runs a 13.7 1/4, faster than a 320 Hp trans am or SS camaro w/ a 5.7 V8. the 1.3L mazda Rx-7, don't even get me started, 850+hp capable and a 10,500 rpm redline and they can handle damn good. big displacement engines burn more gas and they disturb a cars ability to handle well due to excessive weight in the front of the car.

NO SIR, you are a retard!

a 320hp(ls1) Trans Am or SS runs the 1/4 in 13.1

and there is no replacement for displacement. You can't say a turbo, cause what if the v8 had a turbo? So a Sr20det with a turbo versus a 5.7L LT-1 chevy motor with a turbo, which one is going to win? There are many other factors besides that but just based on that information my money is on the Chevy.

I hate how people always say turbo is the replacement for displacement, its like they forgot people put turbo's and superchargers on v8's LOL.
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:15 PM   #12
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Altima = american Skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20DETpower
NO SIR, you are a retard!

a 320hp(ls1) Trans Am or SS runs the 1/4 in 13.1

and there is no replacement for displacement. You can't say a turbo, cause what if the v8 had a turbo? So a Sr20det with a turbo versus a 5.7L LT-1 chevy motor with a turbo, which one is going to win? There are many other factors besides that but just based on that information my money is on the Chevy.

I hate how people always say turbo is the replacement for displacement, its like they forgot people put turbo's and superchargers on v8's LOL.
1)my ass an ls1 trans am runs a 13.1 stock. this guy here http://www.geocities.com/firebird1824/dale.html runs a 13.3 in his modded trans am, this here has it listed at 13.5 (http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2148a.shtml). not to mention driver ability comes into play. it's not impossible to run a 13.1 i suppose, but it's far from a common 1/4 mile time for that car.

2)i called him a retard cuz he snapped without having proper knowledge of what had been said in the thread. i was in a hurry when i posted the thing on turbo's and i never fully elaborated on it.

3) regardless my point was that there are replacements for displacement.
a 6 cylinder turbo can make comparable power to a v8. which is true. yeah you can put a turbo on a v8 but which would net higher increases, increasing the bore and stroke of an N/A v8 or putting forced induction? i say FI, which would show that instead of increasing the displacement of the engine, putting a turbo would be more efficient, therefore replacing displacement. I'm sick of people thinking gas guzzling v8's are the only way to have fast cars. if you wanna get the most power though, i will give it to you that displacement is the best way to accomplish that, but look at the lotus elise that was imported by sun motors. it's a 1.8 L type-R integra engine and it runs a 1/4 mile time comparable to a cobra R. it's because the car only weighs 1600 lbs but it's still just a 1.8; when comparing 2 different cars, more power doesn't necissarily mean more speed.

how come a supercharged 3.8 v6 pontiac grand prix GTP makes 25 less HP than a 3.5 L N/A maxima and only 15 more lbs of TQ? not to mention it runs as much as a full second slower than any VQ35 equipped nissan car. it has the displacement and FI advantages but it still comes up short. there are definitely replacements for displacement.

Last edited by BP2K2Max; 03-03-2004 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:23 PM   #13
sleeperalty
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sleeperalty Send a message via MSN to sleeperalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spendyjunker
Hey do you guy think a tuned up Altima can beat a tuned up Subaru WRX?. I think it might have a chance. Because I've heard that with the right amount of money you can tune it for 400 bhp's. I'VE HEARD!!!!!
So I'm thinking the Altima might be the american Skyline?! Legal for street, race, and show. Because if you think about america is just going to strip the power right out of the skyline. So really the skyline probly be the same!?
Think about it and post back.

what gen altima are you talking about?
The KA24DE powered altima can reach over 350hp, but the problem will be having a tranny and axles that can handle that kinda power, and a ECU and standalone that can control all this upgraded power

and the G35 is the american version of the current R35 in Japan. we just carry it as an infiniti label. the GT-R however is still not made yet, so I hope it will stand out from the crowd like its forefathers.
sleeperalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 08:17 PM   #14
altimaracer
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Altima = american Skyline

Quote:
1)my ass an ls1 trans am runs a 13.1 stock. this guy here http://www.geocities.com/firebird1824/dale.html runs a 13.3 in his modded trans am, this here has it listed at 13.5 (http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2148a.shtml). not to mention driver ability comes into play. it's not impossible to run a 13.1 i suppose, but it's far from a common 1/4 mile time for that car.

2)i called him a retard cuz he snapped without having proper knowledge of what had been said in the thread. i was in a hurry when i posted the thing on turbo's and i never fully elaborated on it.

a 6 cylinder turbo can make comparable power to a v8. which is true. yeah you can put a turbo on a v8 but which would net higher increases, increasing the bore and stroke of an N/A v8 or putting forced induction? i say FI, which would show that instead of increasing the displacement of the engine, putting a turbo would be more efficient, therefore replacing displacement. I'm sick of people thinking gas guzzling v8's are the only way to have fast cars. if you wanna get the most power though, i will give it to you that displacement is the best way to accomplish that, but look at the lotus elise that was imported by sun motors. it's a 1.8 L type-R integra engine and it runs a 1/4 mile time comparable to a cobra R. it's because the car only weighs 1600 lbs but it's still just a 1.8; when comparing 2 different cars, more power doesn't necissarily mean more speed.

how come a supercharged 3.8 v6 pontiac grand prix GTP makes 25 less HP than a 3.5 L N/A maxima and only 15 more lbs of TQ? not to mention it runs as much as a full second slower than any VQ35 equipped nissan car. it has the displacement and FI advantages but it still comes up short. there are definitely replacements for displacement.

Good point, heres to displacement
altimaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 10:23 PM   #15
DaveSev
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DaveSev
Re: Re: Re: Re: Altima = american Skyline

Quote:

You are stupid.

1) The fastest time ever recorded for a stock LS1 f-body is 12.89, done in I believe a 2000 Z28. Certainly a good driver could run 13.1 consistently. LS1 f-bodies are definitely low 13 second cars stock.

2) THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT, period. Given the same internal composites and whatnot, a bigger engine will ALWAYS be faster than a smaller engine. Period. There is no way around it. It's just the cold hard truth. Yeah you can have a twin turbo 2.6 I6 and make 1300 hp, guess what. I've seen a 2300 hp twin turbo LS1.
DaveSev is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima