Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > PT Cruiser | PT Cruiser Convertible
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
croozer
AF Newbie

EGR Code

I replace my egr on my 2002 PT every year for inspection because of the code. After replacement it is good for about 30 miles then the code comes up again for the rest of the year til it needs an inspection...Then a new one is installed...The same ol again..30 miles and the check engine lite comes on...Bad egr code. Does anyone here know of a similar problem and a possible permamant fix? Thanks..these things are $85 a pop each year. It has to end. ...Thanks
croozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
croozer
AF Newbie

Re: EGR Code

500 some odd looks and not one reply....lol Well I fixed it. The code was telling me insufficiant gasses to the egr. I checked the exhaust hole in the head and it was drilled 1/8 inch. It needs a 1/4 inch hole. I drilled it and now the code does not come up any more. I hope this helps the next victim of the PT curse.
croozer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to croozer For This Useful Post:
jamesslcx (05-25-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
jamesslcx
AF Enthusiast

Re: EGR Code

Croozer, first time I looked at your post. Thanks for the info. I was going to say make sure the passages were clean.
jamesslcx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > PT Cruiser | PT Cruiser Convertible