Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
94&92Astro
AF Regular

Belt tensioner on 97 3.3l

I have read till my eyes bleed--looked under and over the engine and still cannot figure out how the tensioner is attached. Much less how to put another one on.
94&92Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #2
94&92Astro
AF Regular

Re: Belt tensioner on 97 3.3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94&92Astro View Post
I have read till my eyes bleed--looked under and over the engine and still cannot figure out how the tensioner is attached. Much less how to put another one on.
I bought another one and see the bolt sticking out of the back-- I would ask for an easy way to get to the nut that releases the tension pulley assembly but I already know the ansewer-- I'll crawl under and check out a view from the bottom!
Old 08-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
94&92Astro
AF Regular

Re: Belt tensioner on 97 3.3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94&92Astro View Post
I bought another one and see the bolt sticking out of the back-- I would ask for an easy way to get to the nut that releases the tension pulley assembly but I already know the ansewer-- I'll crawl under and check out a view from the bottom!
Looks like this thread belongs to me--OK--to whomever it may concern--YES--you can get to that bolt from underneath--without removing the alternator or anything else except the belt--You have to pick the van up higher than usual --so PLEASE don't try this unless you have a large floor jack and for god sake use jackstands.. anyway, the bolt will be located above the power steering pump--you can see it and don't confuse the one stuck in back of the power steering pump. You need an extra long rachet extension witha 15mm socket- and a flashlight--not easy as most of the work was with one hand.. maybe I had some devine intervention since I am donating the vehicle to a church and have spent $300 and two days of sweat induced frustration getting this POS out of my driveway. Anyway its DONE.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager