Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Videos Got a crazy video to share?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 05:41 PM   #16
Tougeman
Banned

Re: SVB supra 900hp+ vs. cobra, mustang..

its still a shelby cobra...which will bring in more money than a POS supra anyday
Tougeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #17
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Well, depending on what type of Supra you choose to purchase is what determines how much you plan on spending on them. For example, the Supra TT's are extremely easy to get HP out of them. A few simple boltons can easily get you up to 400+ HP no prob. Where as the single turbo would probably cost you more.

Really though, the dude in the vid wanted to race the Supra. Doesn't matter what he had done. It would be like me taking my Civic up against a Vette. But, you choose your races, regardless if you know what the other guy has done or not. Could be N/A, TC'ed, or SC'ed. Either way, win or lose, you wanted the race, so just accept what happens in the end. L8...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:21 AM   #18
crrrazy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to crrrazy Send a message via Yahoo to crrrazy

Their Are Some Strong Cars In This Video
Old 04-19-2005, 10:51 PM   #19
speedkills20
AF Regular

6sp C5's get like 28 mph on the highway. Twin turbo Supra's are rated at like 24 or so. A 350Z is rated at 26 on the highway.

Hell an S2000 is only rated for 25 on the highway. Pretty damned impressive that a 400hp car can get better fuel economy that cars with motors almost half the size.

Simple motors mean less moving parts, less friction. Gearing also plays a huge role too.

99 Corvette convertible. Not stock.

Click here to see Video of my car
speedkills20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #20
Muscletang
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by karll
is that because they would dust most other cars. i dunno, but it seems like the supra is a good car for the money.
How would it dust most other cars? The thing is only a mid 13 second car. Sure, if you look at the modded ones then they're fast but look at all the other modded cars.
As for the money part, overpriced. I saw a stock Supra with 100,000 miles and the guy wanted 50 grand for it. The cheapest Supra I've ever seen was a stock '94 with an automatic for 20 grand.

As for the first video with the Shelby Cobra and the Supra the whole this was biased. The first race the Cobra didn't even get on it. In the second one you could actually hear the guy step into it. The thing is that's not really fair to race a 1/4 car on the open highway. The Supra has six gears while the Cobra only has four.

You put the Cobra in its element though, 1/4 mile drag race, and it's going to be the dot ahead of the Supra.

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:14 PM   #21
karll
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to karll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscletang
How would it dust most other cars? The thing is only a mid 13 second car. Sure, if you look at the modded ones then they're fast but look at all the other modded cars.
As for the money part, overpriced. I saw a stock Supra with 100,000 miles and the guy wanted 50 grand for it. The cheapest Supra I've ever seen was a stock '94 with an automatic for 20 grand.

As for the first video with the Shelby Cobra and the Supra the whole this was biased. The first race the Cobra didn't even get on it. In the second one you could actually hear the guy step into it. The thing is that's not really fair to race a 1/4 car on the open highway. The Supra has six gears while the Cobra only has four.

You put the Cobra in its element though, 1/4 mile drag race, and it's going to be the dot ahead of the Supra.
im just goin off of the races i have seen. nearly every time a supra lines up with another car it seems that the supra is gone. i don't know about what people want for their supras, but to buy one and mod it, it seems like you can get a lot of speed out of them. sure you can do that with any car, but like i said it just seems like the supra wins a lot of the time. maybe i just dunno what im talkin about. sorry to ruffle any feathers.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #22
thyrn
AF Newbie

if you cant compliment a car with less cubic inch what can produce big hp, just dont type here. take your gas guzling family wagons to a drag strip where you can brag how much fuel you use on the quarter mile. for the age of the car it dominates a cobra, shape and technology some v8 drivers you see think there king of the road because of there engine size, dont get me wrong v8 sound nice but wouldnt buy one waste of money if you wanna do what you do, race on the street supra all the way !
thyrn is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Videos