Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 08:29 PM   #1
RSScamaro
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RSScamaro
GM's huge screw up!

as we all know, this is the last produstion year of the Camaro's and Firebirds.....and when i think of this i get quite mad because GM didnt send either of them off with a "BANG"....they just took the SS and slapped some of the same 17's but with a different finish and put some new badges and filled in the grill..Oh and those dumb ass stripes...i was at the unveileing of the 2002 camaro at carlisle last june and when they unveiled it you could tell that everyone was thinking (THATS IS!)......why wouldnt they make a limited number of models with the LS6..that would have been the smart move if you ask me or probably any camaro or firebird enthusiast...they should have taken the SS and given it a LS6 and some special chrome 18's (preferably the z06's chromed)..and made it stand out a little more....atleast the Firebird got some special rims (i love the black ones on the yellow paint)...but yes in my opinion it seems that GM was just in a hurry to rush these 2 great american muscle cars off into the sunset!

reguardless i will be a camaro lover for life!...and if you ask me the vette ruined the camaro because it didnt let it live to its full potential....the camaro and the firebird had the potential to out do the vette but GM wouldnt let this happen!
Old 02-01-2002, 09:44 PM   #2
del
móddə rąytər

what GM is gonna do with the camer/firebird line is exactly what ford did with the t-bird. they're gonna sit out for 2 or 3 years and GM will release a whole new sports coupe lineup. perhaps not like any camero or firebird that we're all familiar with. and it probably won't be a cruiser like the t-bird, but an all out sports car that's more modern than the current cars and likely with different names. i'm actually curious with what GM is capable of. the new z06 is an incredible car, i just rode in one a couple days ago. and i'll be honest, where it lacks in the refinement department, it damn well makes up in pure unadulterated power.
del is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons