Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 11:16 AM   #1
ALTIMAJIM
AF Newbie

tinting and short shifters

Hey everyone i have a question, i have a black 97 altima and i want to get it tinted would anyone know how much it cost or what i should look out for or an ideas what would look the best i mean should i get the mirrors done too?

My second question is on ebay i saw a SRP short shifter that reduces shift time by 40% for 18.95 and on custom altima i saw a b & m short shift that does the samething but cost 139.99 and there both made out of the samething, i guess what i am asking is which one should i buy and why? thanx
ALTIMAJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:48 AM   #2
Sexy beast
Banned

Re: tinting and short shifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAJIM
My second question is on ebay i saw a SRP short shifter that reduces shift time by 40% for 18.95 and on custom altima i saw a b & m short shift that does the samething but cost 139.99 and there both made out of the samething, i guess what i am asking is which one should i buy and why? thanx
None, short shifters are a ripoff...it would be like buying a new door with the handle located closer to the hinges. Just shift faster.
Sexy beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:23 AM   #3
techmodealtima95
AF Newbie

Re: tinting and short shifters

ok jimmy i don't kno if ur still around but i'll answer ur questions.first the b&m shifter shortens the throw distance so the shifts are faster. plus i noticed that the shifter feels like its locked into gear unlike the other shifters. stillen makes one for 250 that is really good. remember u get what u pay for. oh and on ebay... that shifter is not for a altima. its a honda civic shifter u can buy at pepboys. i love ebay(i lie)
ur indiglow i can email u instructions on where the wires are for ur car are and what connects to where.
ur car specs are as fallows
engine:KA24DE
2.4L
150hp flywheel
19 mpg city
25 mpg freeway
top speed suppose to be 120mph
i you have a judge then u stop at 110mph
i kno for a fact that 95 drops waaaaaay below the 120mph mark, so no judge on my car...hehehe
Old 02-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #4
paparay
AF Newbie

It sounds like you need to educate yourself a bunch. Besides the local library and taking courses at your local high school and community college, there are websites with the info you will need if you own a car.

If you don't want to always be paying someone to take care of your ride you must educate yourself and learn to work on cars. Besides just being fun it will save you thousands of dollars over your lifetime. But it does not come without effort and the cost of buying tools and a place to work on your ride.

Here is just one place out of hundreds to get started learning.

http://www.altimas.net/forum/forumdi...php?forumid=19

I would not post anything here until I had read and learned all you can, otherwise they will cut you up in little pieces and eat you and not even use ketchup.
paparay is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima