Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
cessnaskyhawk99
AF Newbie

F-150 locked up

Hey this truck been sitting for over a year i went to start ti to go get firewood down over the hill and it wont start we went t osee iff we could move the fan or any pullies well we coulnt so. now the big question how do i get it unlocked is there anyway?
cessnaskyhawk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
c150L
AF Newbie

I would pull all plugs out. Get a can of PB Blaster and use the snorkel tube to spray a fair amount in each cylinder. (WD40 maybe, but I don't beleive as much in that stuff as I used to.) Let sit over night, then try cranking next day. Make sure and turn it over a number of times before reinstalling the plugs. Don't want to dead head the pistons to cyl head. (Shouldn't happen anyway, but play it safe.) Once it's turning over again, put plugs back in and it should start if you have fuel, spark and fair amount of compression.
c150L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:08 AM   #3
amac209
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to amac209
Re: F-150 locked up

what c150L said should do the trick, you might have to add a bit of motor oil to the cylinders to bring back compression after it's broken loose, a tablespoon should be lots.
good luck
amac209 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series