Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Newbies:Importing ~ your questions answerd!

Ok for all you newbs that see this...

These are all newbs who posted about the same THING importing SKYLINES! What ever it is R32,R33,R34 or even an R30. It doesn't matter if it's a Gt-s or Gt-R or any other skyline READ THE STICKIES!!

If the skyline is not 23 years or older there is no valid or legitmate way to attain street legality in the United States.

Please use the links below to find you info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllboutCarzz
Hey guys whats goin on? I was just wondering if i am lookin to buy a skyline and import it to the United States about how much would it cost for the car and importing it. Then i was also wondering were you could find a skyline? If some one could please help me out with this I would be very greatful!! Thanks a bunch!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekx1
Ok i think im shipping a skyline over and im gonna try to do the monthly payments through ebay. Every email he responds with good answeres very responsive and feedback aint bad check this out and let me know cause im about to do it soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2487037122
Quote:
Originally Posted by colp08
wat would i have to do if im going to import a skyline and want to make it street legal in the us, is there any company that will make my skyline legal or anything i can do to understand the us laws for importing and having a street legal skyline??? im looking to import an r 34 gts t if that helps any and id like to no the price of the legalization of the car, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineHornet
I was wondering if any of you could tell me how long you saved money for you Skyline and how much you saved, also how you are paying for your Skyline. I'm 16 right now, but I don't plan to get a Skyline for quite a while, but I still want to be some waht informed. Thanks for any help you can give me
__________________________________________________ ______

Links ~ www.motorex.net www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=302585

Guys any other links you would like to add that would be helpful to the stickys etc pm me an I'll add em.

If you dont see what you want here use the search or PM me or any other regular here dont waste useless threads!

Last edited by jcsaleen; 01-04-2007 at 02:31 PM.
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 05:34 PM   #2
HighOctaneNOSUser
AF Enthusiast

Re: Newbies:Importing ~ your questions answerd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous36
Have a car imported temporarily. (Not specifically a Skyline. Any JDM car). Then after having the car imported on a temporary basis through the middle of its time allowed hide the car and report it stolen. If there are any flaws in this point them out. I am sure they are. I have thought of a few problems and possibilties. Will they look for it? Tell me what you know or think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillr34
I just came back from duty in japan I got a 2000 r 34 Skyline when i was there when i was coming back they just packed it up a shipped her home i bought the car out right there so i did not have to deregister it i took my japan title to the dmv and now my car is title in the us all it cost me was 100 bones for the registion in the great state of tennesse what anyone has told you if you are in the militry you do not have to goto motorplex or what ever they are called and yes i know i have the only 2000 r 34 in the us that is road leg. and i have been offerd a grip for it but all you peps out there grt it thought your thick head its not for sell and i have had buddys i was stanioned with ship other models of skyline back and did the same thing just when to dmv and got the title and tags and burned up the road so if you realy want your skyline for like 4,000 bones you need to just going into the milirty see we get shit done and it does cost and arm and a leg sometime but we dont have to wait for ever to burn up the us highways with our skylines but remember you need to have you title in hand when you bring here home so you dont have and titling probles how this has helped you out
Quote:
Originally Posted by embominator
I cant belive no one can figure out how to bypass motorx or any other RI. I spent about 4 weeks finding out this info then bought the car. If you buy for example 1994 Skyline from any company in Japan(as I did) tell them to disassemble it $200-400 US and send it in peices suspension, engine, tranny removed that way when you go to customs your picking up car parts not a whole car then no problems just pay duties for parts and GO!, the body of the car came in a BIG BOX cost $200 for box alone and the engine, tranny, and suspension and wheels in another box 2 weeks later . So you ask how do I get it legit well take your "CAR PARTS" and put them together whaa laa A "KIT CAR IS BORN" GO TO DMV AND REGISTER THE CAR AS A KIT CAR as I did wow thats
it. NOW YOU HAVE A LEGIT SKYLINE! 100% legal! PERIOD! This works for any japanesse car not ever made for the USA-no civics, NSX, Supras ect. or any of the cars you see here in the USA. Here is the links for the EPA and where I bought my car: PLEASE PLEASE READ ALL INFO!!!

http://www.japan-partner.com

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/kitcar.htm

READ CAREFULLY YOU CAN DO IT 100% LEGALLY!!!!!!!!

PS: I am not selling or in anyway trying to make money, I just want to help make peoples dreams come to reality-for free! ALL INFO IS FREE OF CHARGE!! DONT PAY MOTORX OR ANYONE ELSE 15-35 GRAND, DO IT YOURSELF LEGALLY! Not too put down motorx but 15-35K no thanks. I know there has been alot of BS and scams and whatever, I am not here to BS or scam, I dont want a cent. Anyone
who nows how to read and understand will see.

Total cost for my car:

1994 Skyline GTS-T $2400 FOB
Disassembly $250
Box for car body $200
Shipping for cars body to longbeach, ca $1100
Flight and U-HAUL to pick up car body in CA $750
Shipping for Engine, Tranny and suspension to Texas $800
Customs duties 2.5% of total price of parts-$2400 = $60
Registration and inspection in Texas about $110
Labor to put car together- FREE did it myself.
TOTAL COST- $5670 for my 1994 Skyline GTS-T 100% legal as a kit car!
It worked 100%.

I will try answer your posts. Thanks for reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler1299
i have been reading the threads but couldn't find a clear answer, sorry if i missed it somewhere. My question is can i find a skyline myself and import it on a temp import bond (or however it's done)and then take it to motorex to be legalized, or does the skyline have to come into the country through motorex first, will motorex legalize my skyline or do i have to buy there skylines.

Here are some more....

"This is a Renault Espace. Probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that's much to shout about. That's like saying, 'Ooh good, I've got syphilis, the BEST of the Sexually Transmitted Diseases!'" - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toksin
Remember, you're not a loser. You beat two hundred million other sperm to the egg.
HighOctaneNOSUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #3
HighOctaneNOSUser
AF Enthusiast

YAHTZE!

Or somethin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROD43
WHATS UP YALL.ON YHE REAL I BEEN TRYIN 2 LOOK AND PRICE SKYLINES FOR A MINUTE NOW WI NO TYPE OF FREAKIN LUCK.IM FROM THE DA CHI AND I BS U NOT THE ONLY TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN ONE IS ONCE NO BS I SAID ONCE.IT WAS AN R34 OWNED BY A TUNER IN CHI NAMED JOEY FENGWHO OWNS TOP SPEED AUTO ACSS. IN CHIAGO.THE COLOR WAS THIS SICK BLUE KINDA LIKE THE M3 BLUE AND THAT SH.......T WAS COLD AS HELL.I HOLLAD AT THIS CAT BOUT 2 DAYS AGO HE KINDA GAVE ME THE FLUX CUZ I WAZNT BUYIN NOTHIN FROM HIS STORE.HE PURCHASED IT FROM MOTOREX IN 99 OR 2K I AINT 2 SHO BUT THE CAT DID TELL ME HE PAID 100 STACKS FO ONE OF THE BEST PRODUCTION HIGH TECH RIDES ON THE PLANET IF U IN CHI AND WANNA GET UR SH;;;T ON DECENT U CAN HOLLA AT THIS DUDE.HE ON 2877 S ARCHER AVE CHICAGO ILL 60608.PLUS WE GOT SOUND PERFOREMANCE AN A ANOTHEER PLACE I FORGOT.ANY WAY THE HELL WIT PLUGIN THIS CAT BACK 2 ME!!!IM FITTIN 2 COME INTO A GOOD JOB AND A LITTLE CASH SOON AND U KNOW WHAT IM GOIN FOR.IM ASKIN ALL MY DOGS OUT THERE FO SOME HELP!I HEARD 3 WAYS TO GET A SKYLINE 1 MOTOREX 2 GOTO JAPAN GET IT 4 40 50K HAVE DISMANTELD AND SEND AS KIT CAR-ENGINE-SUSPENSION AND TRANS-CAR IN SEPRATE HUGE BOX 3SAME PLAN BUT GOTO JUNK YARD AND GET OLD 240 SX TAGS AND SLAP IT ON THERE 4 HALLA AT SOMEONE IN THE MILITARY. POINT BLANK IF YOU KNOW ANY WAY 2 GET ME THIS CAR SEND IT TO YA BOY 2 roderick43miller@yahoo.com,ON THE REAL ANY WAY U KNOW OR ANY PLAN U GOT PEFERABLY THE 1 THAT WORKED,I WANNA OWN MY SH...T BEFORE SOME ENTERTAINER STARTS DRIVIN MY DREAM AND BOOST THE PRICE UP 2 HOLY H..LL. I SEE ALOT OF RIDES HERE IN CHI CUZ I WORK IN THE DOWNTOWN AREA LAMBOS,BENTLYS ECT.HELP ME FADE EM ALL AND PUT THESE OVER PRICED COFFINS 2 SHAME. LOOKIN 4 AN R34 HALLA AT YA BOY

"This is a Renault Espace. Probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that's much to shout about. That's like saying, 'Ooh good, I've got syphilis, the BEST of the Sexually Transmitted Diseases!'" - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toksin
Remember, you're not a loser. You beat two hundred million other sperm to the egg.
HighOctaneNOSUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:45 PM   #4
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Newbies:Importing ~ your questions answerd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Senada
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortechTA00
Hi, Im new to the forums. I am a huge sports car fan. The question at hand is this, I recently heard from a friend that a local import tuner is selling his Skyline RS34 all wheel drive (not a typo) for $20000!! I have not checked out the car, but it is supposed to be stock and in mint running condition, right hand drive. His reason for selling is that he has too many cars, and the Skyline has to go. Is it even POSSIBLE that an above mentioned car can be sold at that price. From what i have learned in the past is that something too good to be true probably is. But nontheless it dosn't hurt to check it out. If there's anyone from the Dallas Ft.worth area would like to go with me to see the car it is located in Irvin. I would like to hear what you guys think. Any feedback, opinions, and info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
shawn
" ~ Igor

Last edited by jcsaleen; 04-03-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #5
fabs1500
AF Newbie

finding the "embominator"

Does anyone know who embominator is ? Who origionally posted about bringing in skyline "parts." I am undergoing the prosses now and I have a few Questions for him, since he has alreasy been through the process. If anyone knows how i can get in touch with him that would be great Thanks.
fabs1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #6
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: finding the

READ THE STIKIES! or just google it an search in A.F!

Quote:
I have a good quetion about this and want to know what you think or know about it. As you know it is stupid to illegally import a vehicle and then reigster it for street use. But yet alot of jackasses get a way with it. How? There are alot of poeple driving around in illegally imported Civics, Skylines, Silvia S15s, Evos and Land Rovers imported from the U.K. The NHTSA and customs have laws that virtually eliminate any method of illegal importation. So how the hell are they doing it and then registering them for road use? Heres my question. What if you import a car illegaly and dont drive it on the streets or register it for road use and only mod it and race it at the drag strips. And then when the car is 25 years old and exempt from all laws register it for street use. Is that a good plan. Would it be stupid to illegally import a car if you only plan to use it for track use only?
Quote:
i have a question on importing a 1994 nissan skyline i know i would have to legalize it but. how much would it be around al together. if anyone would know please e-mail me at*blank*

Quote:
from what i'm hearing motorex is not dealing with skylines anymore?

Originally Posted by fierojapan
Ok while I may be new to this forum I am not all that new to how things work in the U.S. so please don’t turn this in to a thread where every one claims moterex is the only way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, Motorex is gone, so there is no way.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q 1.
In regards to vehicles manufactured after 1995-1996? (I.E. R34's) and the OBDII engine management that I have read that are required. Are these vehicles required to be manufactured with OBDII or can they be retrofitted with a pre-conforming system?

A retrofit can be done. However, finding a way to do it was the big holdup. I don't know if anyone other than Motorex was working on getting it done. I think Tyndago said there was at least one post-'96 car that had OBDII fitted.
Quote:
Q 2.
not to jeopardize moterx's confidentiality with the NHTSA regarding there modifications to the car but would it be possible for those of us who have the time with these cars and the ability to do so, maybe a reduced cost pending some smaller modifications made by the customer. After doing much research I have come to the conclusion that some things like changing mirrors, gauges, headlights, reflectors. ect. ect... can be done by the customer and then verified by the R.I. to show conformity to U.S. standards. This would help bring down your costs to some customers due to the fact that these parts are not required to be replaced by you the R.I. I am in the U.S. Air Force just stationed in Misawa Japan as of Feb 2005 and not to leave until Feb 2008 this would give me almost three years to do what I can to the car myself. Also by reducing cost it might also help with more initiave for those who already have illegal skylines in to have the legalization performed.

Since Motorex isn't around, you still run into the problem of just finding out what the other needed modifications are(they may have taken the information with them), then finding someone to perform them.
Thank you
" ~ Igor
Old 08-29-2005, 02:18 PM   #7
ktskyline
AF Newbie

Import Skyline

I am working on importing Skylines to Dallas, TX. I am waiting for customs broker's reply. It seems that import Skyline as a Kit Car is the best way to get it here.

http://www.theultimateprogram.com/4338
http://www.million-mails.com/pages/i...refid=ktsubaru
ktskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #8
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Import Skyline

There might be but there's not just you trust me on that.
" ~ Igor
Old 08-29-2005, 02:54 PM   #9
nismo_power
AF Enthusiast

Re: Import Skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktskyline
I am working on importing Skylines to Dallas, TX. I am waiting for customs broker's reply. It seems that import Skyline as a Kit Car is the best way to get it here.

http://www.theultimateprogram.com/4338
http://www.million-mails.com/pages/i...refid=ktsubaru
read the stickies more throroughly. there is currently now way to legally bring in a street worthy skyline.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
1hittaquitaskyline
AF Newbie

I looking to by a 1994 Nissan Skyline GTS coupe from japan-partner, I'm like everybody else here trying to figure out a importing company that will import the car and make it legall and won't cost a arm & a leg to do. I check into Motorex and I dont want to deal with them. I read a document on a DOT website and they gave a list of legall importer's but I dont know if they import Skyline's or not. I new to this forum so bare with me, just wondering if anybody had any useful & help info.
1hittaquitaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:40 AM   #11
nismo_power
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Newbies:Importing ~ your questions answerd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hittaquitaskyline
I looking to by a 1994 Nissan Skyline GTS coupe from japan-partner, I'm like everybody else here trying to figure out a importing company that will import the car and make it legall and won't cost a arm & a leg to do. I check into Motorex and I dont want to deal with them. I read a document on a DOT website and they gave a list of legall importer's but I dont know if they import Skyline's or not. I new to this forum so bare with me, just wondering if anybody had any useful & help info.

any registered importer can bring the car in. BUT, motorex was the only company that could make the cars street legal. they were the only ones approved by the DOT and NHSTA to make the correct modifications to the car to make it street worthy here in the united states. now that motorex is no longer legalizing skylines, it is impossible to bring in a street legal skyline unless it is at least 25 years old.

the list that you are reffering to is the list of registered importers. they can bring any car into the united states, but if the car does not meet US crash safety and emissions standards, it must be conformed under an importer that is registered to do so. as i stated above, motorex was the only RI approved to perform modifications to the skyline to make it us street legal. to put it into simple terms:

YOU CURRENTLY CANNOT BRING IN A SKYLINE TO THE US THAT IS 24 YEARS OLD OR NEWER.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:40 AM   #12
rx7freddie
AF Newbie

if your rite about motorex being the only one maybe this isn’t a real site or there just a big bs company they have skylines for sale legalized to drive in the us so they say . www.evolutionimports.com i was wondering your thoughts on this site thanks maybe it could help others to get a skyline .
rx7freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:24 AM   #13
nismo_power
AF Enthusiast

evolution imports is a very well known scam site.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:37 AM   #14
rx7freddie
AF Newbie

Thumbs down

thanks .
rx7freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:20 PM   #15
hojna15
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to hojna15 Send a message via MSN to hojna15 Send a message via Yahoo to hojna15
Talking Re: Newbies:Importing ~ your questions answerd!

I know there's plenty of ideas tossed around here for ways of importing skylines and all, but i think i have one that might work, not sure though. I live in michigan and found an importing company in british columbia, canada. Now heres what i was thinking, if I were to buy the skyline there and trailer it to a storage depot, ya know the lil renta garage things, and spent like a week seperating the body, drivetrain, and suspension, then transporting them back to my house and put it all back together there. Because what im thinking is that im only bringing back parts into michigan, and then putting together a car (title and state it as a kit car), and even still my reason for driving it would be for track use only, and maybe shows, but it would be trailered to the events, but if i wanted to, in the NHTSA documents it states i believe that your allowed 2600 miles a year for that vehicle to be driven on the roads to events ONLY. let me know what you guys think, im dyin to tryin and ive prolly got another year or maybe less til i can start lookin more seriously to buy one but, i thought id get everyone's opinions on it. Below is the qoute that got me thinking bout the whole idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by embominator
I cant belive no one can figure out how to bypass motorx or any other RI. I spent about 4 weeks finding out this info then bought the car. If you buy for example 1994 Skyline from any company in Japan(as I did) tell them to disassemble it $200-400 US and send it in peices suspension, engine, tranny removed that way when you go to customs your picking up car parts not a whole car then no problems just pay duties for parts and GO!, the body of the car came in a BIG BOX cost $200 for box alone and the engine, tranny, and suspension and wheels in another box 2 weeks later . So you ask how do I get it legit well take your "CAR PARTS" and put them together whaa laa A "KIT CAR IS BORN" GO TO DMV AND REGISTER THE CAR AS A KIT CAR as I did wow thats
it. NOW YOU HAVE A LEGIT SKYLINE! 100% legal! PERIOD! This works for any japanesse car not ever made for the USA-no civics, NSX, Supras ect. or any of the cars you see here in the USA. Here is the links for the EPA and where I bought my car: PLEASE PLEASE READ ALL INFO!!!

http://www.japan-partner.com

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/kitcar.htm

READ CAREFULLY YOU CAN DO IT 100% LEGALLY!!!!!!!!

PS: I am not selling or in anyway trying to make money, I just want to help make peoples dreams come to reality-for free! ALL INFO IS FREE OF CHARGE!! DONT PAY MOTORX OR ANYONE ELSE 15-35 GRAND, DO IT YOURSELF LEGALLY! Not too put down motorx but 15-35K no thanks. I know there has been alot of BS and scams and whatever, I am not here to BS or scam, I dont want a cent. Anyone
who nows how to read and understand will see.

Total cost for my car:

1994 Skyline GTS-T $2400 FOB
Disassembly $250
Box for car body $200
Shipping for cars body to longbeach, ca $1100
Flight and U-HAUL to pick up car body in CA $750
Shipping for Engine, Tranny and suspension to Texas $800
Customs duties 2.5% of total price of parts-$2400 = $60
Registration and inspection in Texas about $110
Labor to put car together- FREE did it myself.
TOTAL COST- $5670 for my 1994 Skyline GTS-T 100% legal as a kit car!
It worked 100%.

I will try answer your posts. Thanks for reading.
hojna15 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion