Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fiat > Punto | Idea | Punto Grande
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
foleyl
AF Newbie

TomTom

Hi All,

I'm not quite sure if anyone is going to be able to help me with this, but this is what I'm looking to do.

I have a TomTom GO 700 and want to create a permanent docking kit for it. I have a Punto 60SX 1997 model.

Does anyone know anybody that has done a similar task, or can anyone suggest an ideal place where I might be able to put the mounting kit?

I was thinking about taking out some of the Interior fans so I would have somewhere to install the kit, but if I can find somewhere else to put it, that would be ideal.

Cheers,
Luke
foleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
Tony Stewart Fan
AF Regular

Re: TomTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by foleyl
Hi All,

I'm not quite sure if anyone is going to be able to help me with this, but this is what I'm looking to do.

I have a TomTom GO 700 and want to create a permanent docking kit for it. I have a Punto 60SX 1997 model.

Does anyone know anybody that has done a similar task, or can anyone suggest an ideal place where I might be able to put the mounting kit?

I was thinking about taking out some of the Interior fans so I would have somewhere to install the kit, but if I can find somewhere else to put it, that would be ideal.

Cheers,
Luke
You might want to try looking at pocketgpsworld.com

They usually answer any GPS questions I have there. How do you like your 700? I've used it and a 300 but have my eye on one of the new devices, either the 510 or 910.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
foleyl
AF Newbie

Hey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stewart Fan
You might want to try looking at pocketgpsworld.comp
Thanks for the suggestion. I use pocketgpsworld.com in any way, but I never thought to ask the question there...Thank you.

Quote:
How do you like your 700? I've used it and a 300 but have my eye on one of the new devices, either the 510 or 910.
I looove my 700. I haven't really owned it that long to be honest. I brought it because I got it at a good price just when the new x10 series was release. I like some of the enhancements on the new range, but the main thing changed is the chipset that was used. The new series pick up on the satellite signals slightly better.

I think the new series have come down in price already, so I would suggest buying one.

Thanks,
Luke
foleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
Tony Stewart Fan
AF Regular

Thanks for sharing. I really liked the 300 and 700 when I used them. I am looking into getting either a 510 or 910, just haven't made up my mind yet. Would you suggest one over the other?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fiat > Punto | Idea | Punto Grande