Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
blk91240
AF Newbie

what equal?

hey guys: i just bought a nissan 240sx last week. it has the KA24DE engine. 2.4L I4: 155hp@5500 rpm and 160lbs@3500rpm. since last year i raced my v8, i am tryin to get a rough idea as to what i should be looking for as far as equal competition this year at the local hotspot.... by the time i start headin to the spot, i will have at least a cold air, cat-back exhaust, removed the back seat, and put on a nice set of falken z-912s: im looking to see what would be some cars of equal competition as far as 4cyls.:what should i be looking for in say, a civic for somethin i wont destroy, and will give me a good run???? maybe some 6s.... i know there were quite a few '00-'02 stangs with v6s there last year....
Old 02-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
Re: what equal?

how many miles on the engine?
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
Old 02-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

no offense but those things are total dogs. boost that thing or get rid of it IMO.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk91240
hey guys: i just bought a nissan 240sx last week. it has the KA24DE engine. 2.4L I4: 155hp@5500 rpm and 160lbs@3500rpm. since last year i raced my v8, i am tryin to get a rough idea as to what i should be looking for as far as equal competition this year at the local hotspot.... by the time i start headin to the spot, i will have at least a cold air, cat-back exhaust, removed the back seat, and put on a nice set of falken z-912s: im looking to see what would be some cars of equal competition as far as 4cyls.:what should i be looking for in say, a civic for somethin i wont destroy, and will give me a good run???? maybe some 6s.... i know there were quite a few '00-'02 stangs with v6s there last year....

Geo Metro, Chevy Citation, Ford Pinto, Dodge Omni, ect...

Boost is your friend.....

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Old 02-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
blk91240
AF Newbie

the engine was just rebuilt 3000 miles ago... and yea i ordered the boost kit today lol.... t3/t4 turbo... tokiya XL big i/c the piping is being custom bent. and a ssqv b.o.v.

before i put on the turbo though: what should i be looking for in a honda.... i know a shit load turn out every week.... i was wondering what one of them would have to have to keep up... i mean we go from a dig.... rwd powns fwd.... i have less weight, more hp etc.... what do i need to be lookin for for it to be a good race? im not waisting my time on the stock 4 bangers....
Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
blk91240
AF Newbie

the engine was just rebuilt 3000 miles ago... and yea i ordered the boost kit today lol.... t3/t4 turbo... tokiya XL big i/c the piping is being custom bent. and a ssqv b.o.v.

before i put on the turbo though: what should i be looking for in a honda.... i know a shit load turn out every week.... i was wondering what one of them would have to have to keep up... i mean we go from a dig.... rwd powns fwd.... i have less weight, more hp etc.... what do i need to be lookin for for it to be a good race? im not waisting my time on the stock 4 bangers....
Old 02-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #7
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

the stock 4 bangers may not want to waste their time on you, you run 16's. a Civic SI would beat you.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #8
blk91240
AF Newbie

wow this just shows how stupid people on this forum reallly CAN be. any reasonable person would know that ANY honda running vtec, not iVTEC, or worse woudl stang no chance seeing the best engine that can be put in a civic with out the iVTEC can only makr 126hp stock... they need at least a decent set of cams, intake, high flow cat, with exhaust, and most likely a ecu reflash to even think about keepin up from a dig with a 240 with a intake, exhaust, and crower cams... wow guys wow.... way to represent your forum.....
Old 02-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Quote:
wow this just shows how stupid people on this forum reallly CAN be. any reasonable person would know that ANY honda running vtec, not iVTEC, or worse woudl stang no chance seeing the best engine that can be put in a civic with out the iVTEC can only makr 126hp stock... they need at least a decent set of cams, intake, high flow cat, with exhaust, and most likely a ecu reflash to even think about keepin up from a dig with a 240 with a intake, exhaust, and crower cams... wow guys wow.... way to represent your forum.....
You are a fucking idiot. Get out and go play hide the dipstick with your high school buddies and pretending you can take a stock Civic Si, lol. Oh, and, uh, the B18 and K series will both fit into a Civic, and both stock make more than 126 ponies. You are a moron, and hopefully you'll go out and race into a fucking tree or something. Jesus, I feel like more of an idiot just from reading your post. I swear, the people they let use the internet these days. You might cut a flat fifteen if you are lucky.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC

Quote:
wow this just shows how stupid people on this forum reallly CAN be. any reasonable person would know that ANY honda running vtec, not iVTEC, or worse woudl stang no chance seeing the best engine that can be put in a civic with out the iVTEC can only makr 126hp stock...
what about the non-iVTEC D16z6, D16y8, H22, B16a1, B16a, B18c1, B18c5, and B18c that make more that 126hp stock?

Quote:
they need at least a decent set of cams, intake, high flow cat, with exhaust, and most likely a ecu reflash to even think about keepin up from a dig with a 240 with a intake, exhaust, and crower cams...
no not really and this is a false statement also

Quote:
i mean we go from a dig.... rwd powns fwd....
anyone that knows how to launch a car can beat a rwd off the line in a fwd and vice versa

do you even know anything about Hondas or even 240's?
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
Old 02-11-2008, 11:33 PM   #11
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

LOL..WOOOOOOWWWWWWW......

It's been a while since we've had someone just waltz in here and flat out show ignorance. Usually you have to drag it out of people with a few witty statements.

Represent my forum, eh? Well, let's look at it this way. Depending on your 240 SX, your ability to comprehend a level minded conversation, and with your wit, I'd assume you couldn't afford much more than the an S13 240SX.

Assuming this. Your car weighs in at a hefty 2700-2800 lbs. That and your measly KA24 (no offense to other 240 owners) would more than likely produce about 150-160 HP. Torque number are about even. RWD...big woop. I can almost gaurantee you can launch your 240sx no better than you can launch a Huffy bicycle.

A Civic worth beating, how about an Integra. 99-00 Civic SI with a B16A produces 160 HP and runs a 15.7 or so in the 1/4. The Integra GSR with the B18C1 boasts 180 HP or so, and runs a bit faster in the 1/4. Both cars weigh in at 2600 lbs or a little heavier. Both can open up decently well with minor bolt ons. They won't be dipping into the 14's, maybe the GSR, but highly unlikely.

Where's 209 at? I'm sure he can even give you some details about a car called the Dodge Neon R/T. Has an engine called the 420A I believe. If I remmeber, he was running bolt ons and cams, and was hitting low 14's all day. Could have been someone else, but still impressive work with the Neon.

If you want to get boosted, well then go that route. Because honestly, where you stand now, your best bet would be sticking to beating the kids that hang out at the local AutoZone waiting for the uber cool "wide port intake" to come in. You know, the one that was designed wider to suck in more air just to add that pathetic extra 1/2 a horsepower.

I can gaurantee you anyone else, who owns a Honda, Toyota, Mitsu, whatever, with atleast a good amount of knowledge about putting in some decent engine work, will more than likely beat your sad excuse for a 240. Your Skat-back exhaust and measly intake, dare I say, probably won't even get you to a mid 15, and that's me just being nice. Quit digging your nose in a magazine and believing all the horse shit you read on the pages of the latest "Import Spooner" or "Super Skeet".

Don't bother coming back here either if all your going to do is try and feed us some ricer bullshit. Try picking up a thing called "the clue". It leads to a thing called knowledge. Once you obtain that, come back here and try having a normal convo without the rest of the "higher than thou" attitude you brought with you.

If you really need to know about cars, 1/4 mile times, and where you possibly might stand. Here's a website that might give you a hint of where you stand. Don't forget to factor in your ability to drive, altitude, weight, things like that. www.dragtimes.com. Do yourself a favor and look up your 240sx. Then go to the very end and start there. That's where all the slow 16 second + 240's are. Then see if you can't find yourself a 240 that has similar mods. Once you find that out, then start your comparison.

If that helps, good luck. Hope that gives you something better to do then fill up these forums with shit that doesn't need to be put on the table. Cause when you do, I gotta clean up. I'd rather just come in, look at the mess that was started, smile, turn away, then let my bitchy wife Matty do all the cleaning like a good woman does. Only kidding Matty, you aren't bitchy, you just have sand in your vagina...

Old 02-12-2008, 01:36 AM   #12
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

As a point of reference, I was able to keep up with a KA 240 that had intake and exhaust with a saturn sl2 that had 4 people in it.
Please do as our lovely mod says, and hit yourself up with "the knowledge"
Old 02-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #13
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

I'm on the edge here. Do I want to use the Maddison quote or not? I don't want to over use it, but I almost feel that the dousche-fag here deserves it...

HUMP CATTING! ITS SIMILAR TO BEAR BLASTING! THINK FAST DOUSCHE-FAG!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
blk91240
AF Newbie

hey civracer, thanks for the website... but it does prove my point.... everyone was saying that the car was essentially junk enless i had it turbo'd.... that is surely not the case.... there were FOUR instances at the track i race at ( dragway 42: ohio) where cars like integra gsrs, with the b18c1, or b18c5s ran pretty close to about 15.4ish... the stock times for the 240 were about 15.15-15.2.... after that i found some people who had done the exhaust and intake, same as me, one even had the falken z512s, which the z912s replaced.... he was running 14.952... not exactly amazing but it did show me what a comperable civic or integra would need to have done to keep up: i still cant find one with the cams, exhaust, and intake. if you find one, please let me know... sorry about dissing your forum... that wasnt nessesary... that should never have happened....
Old 02-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #15
blk91240
AF Newbie

another point i would like to bring up; there arent too too many people driving a civic Si around where we race, just for the simple fact that if you buy somethin older, you can put more into it??? another thing: the h22... thats more of an accord related engine, but i guess it could be done.. the b18 series are nice but not the easiest thing to find in ohio... yea another fact i didnt mention... the d series i can understand.... i was just trying to come up with ideas as to what to look for when im out there... engine swap, yes, but if that is all that the car has done to it, unless it is a K series enigne ( this is where the iVTEC comes in) there arent really alot of engines to worry abou, am i right?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing