Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 05:50 PM   #1
lotusonwater19
AF Enthusiast

anyone still race?

that recent rice thread by eclipsical worried me. does anyone still race nowadays? locations for runs are populated by cops. deserted streets are speed traps. highway traffic is not worth it. the track requires nice weather and too boring. autocross burns tire sets. has show totally overrun go?
even if i'd like to race, i wont cuz conditions and risk totally bogs me down. where's the solution?
Old 02-06-2004, 08:36 PM   #2
AcesHigh
Prelude Guy

Send a message via AIM to AcesHigh
Re: anyone still race?

We've got a long stretch of virtually deserted old highway. It's no rally course, but it does just fine.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:44 AM   #3
kilpatty43
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to kilpatty43

i race all the time...sometimes the legal races at the track...sometimes the illegal ones at the car hot spots...

Corvette~The only sports car that matters
Old 02-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #4
lotusonwater19
AF Enthusiast

have you ever gotten caught by a cop?
Old 02-12-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
I know a group of about 15-20 girls that drift regularly at local drifting competitions and shows here in So. Cali. They are called "Drifting Pretty" and the local news here (KCAL ch.9) actually did an interview with the group leader just the other night, who is also a girl of course. Girl racing is alive and kicking in CA, that much is for certain.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 02-12-2004, 05:30 PM   #6
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GScivic7 Send a message via MSN to GScivic7

I just read a bunch of stuff on that crew. The group leader, I don't remember her name but I think it starts with a J, is a pretty cool chick and has one mean looking 240 with an 180sx conversion.

Empty Pockets Racing Member #1
Old 02-13-2004, 08:21 PM   #7
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: anyone still race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GScivic7
I just read a bunch of stuff on that crew. The group leader, I don't remember her name but I think it starts with a J, is a pretty cool chick and has one mean looking 240 with an 180sx conversion.
You sure it's the same group? The leader of "Drifting Pretty" is a girl named Nadine, and she drives a 240SX fastback with a Kouki front end, but it's not an S13 conversion. it could be the same one though, at first glance that's what her car looks like, what you described. Her b/f (Benson Hsu) drives a black 240 with an S13 front end however.

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 02-24-2004, 10:33 PM   #8
Jehu
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jehu Send a message via Yahoo to Jehu

What's the point of a fast car if ya don't run it?
Cops stick to what they know, just stay out of the headlights.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:41 AM   #9
GScivic7
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to GScivic7 Send a message via MSN to GScivic7
Re: Re: Re: anyone still race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverY2KCivic
You sure it's the same group? The leader of "Drifting Pretty" is a girl named Nadine, and she drives a 240SX fastback with a Kouki front end, but it's not an S13 conversion. it could be the same one though, at first glance that's what her car looks like, what you described. Her b/f (Benson Hsu) drives a black 240 with an S13 front end however.
woops lol the girl that showed me the group is named Ja'nielle lol i got them mixed up. But yah, i meant that Nadine chick, and I didn't know that it wasn't the RPS13 conversion, thought it was. Had me fooled.

Empty Pockets Racing Member #1
Old 02-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #10
DriftGirl
AF Newbie

I don't race. Maybe I would if my car ran...I blew the engine in Nov. Still deciding on what to do.

Props to the organized girl racers/drifters!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:48 AM   #11
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Re: Re: Re: Re: anyone still race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GScivic7
woops lol the girl that showed me the group is named Ja'nielle lol i got them mixed up. But yah, i meant that Nadine chick, and I didn't know that it wasn't the RPS13 conversion, thought it was. Had me fooled.
Oh yes, Ellie. She seems really cool. I think I might be meeting her soon along with the rest of the group. I've met some of them before including Nadine. I'll see some this weekend at the D1GP here in LA.

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 04-09-2004, 02:13 AM   #12
Jehu
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jehu Send a message via Yahoo to Jehu

I'm not a girl, but there's still plenty of street action going on. I had a nice little chat with a cop a couple weekend ago when I went home. About 10 of us were 'parked' by the road on a nice strech that was a hot spot. The cop had some great things to say like 'I could be out catchign drunks right now' and "Keep your sh!t in B'ham" He was pissed that 1/2 of us were from another town.
The moral of the story is if your not rolling, your not racing, if your not racing, your not in trouble.

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot