Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 09:25 PM   #31
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Re: Girl racers make me weak in the knees

VTEC=Variable Valve Timing and lift Eletronic Control
It helps to hold the valve open longer at higher revs to make more air to go into those cylinders and gives out a higher horsepower from a smaller engine size.
Isn't it like that? ?.?
Old 03-24-2004, 01:53 AM   #32
91lxdreamer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 91lxdreamer
Eh...just read this....simple searches

http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/whatsvtec.html

As for girl racers, I think its cool. More power to em if they can kick the shit outta guys who think their civic with I/H/E with a CF hood is all that. I got respect for anyone who loves cars and isnt stupid when it comes to their own. To all your girls, keep it up, do what you do, just like all the guys, its not who's better or faster. Its not about stereotypes, or generalizations...its opinions. Have your own opinion, thats legal...lol. I actually read an article in a fairly recent Import Tuner that showed a girl with a 4 door teggy. She put in a B20B4 block and slapped on an LS head. Then to top it off she supercharged it. But the icing on the cake...no crazy body kits. No underbody neons...no huge ass wing on the back. Just championship white paint, VIS CF hood, and some 17's. She takes guys all day long, but the best part is...its AUTO. Thats great. Im not dissin those of you who like the looks of certain things not endorsed here, and I'm not sayin clean is the way to go. Im just sayin, do what you like, and appreciate the fact that we're all different, and yes...girls have the right to mod their cars too...lol. In fact, I think its kinda sexy...but enough outta me..

Updated 1-23-05
For sale: Stock 4-door corner lights. 13" stock wheels with 6 month old tires.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:54 AM   #33
civicgrl
AF Regular

Re: Re: Girl racers make me weak in the knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan-Fan
I would race you girls any day...Too bad im 14 and i live in canada. See, with most girls who take part in auto racing its all based off 2F2F, they like super flashy paint jobs, neon lighting and lots of N2O! (lol). They treat their cars like their friends! Sounds good right? nope. It goes somthing like this: [Girl]"Hey Prelude...aww, you look sad! i think you need a makeover! TEE HEE HEE! Wtf is VTEC?" and so begins the quest for the ultimate all show and no go car!
Come take a look at my car and tell me if it looks like I have a flashy paint job with neon lighting and lot's of N20! Also, note that I bought intake, suspension, and exhaust first before a new set of rims. I dont understand why little boys like yourself have nothing better to do than to rag on girls who happen to enjoy a "man's sport" (as you guys call it). I play hockey and I'm damn good at it! 10 yrs ago...you wouldnt have seen girls playing hockey....now there's a U.S. Women's National Hockey team and a Canadien Womens Hockey team! Who would have thought?? So, just wait a few years and you just might see girls racing competitively everyday like it never were an issue!
Old 04-01-2004, 03:06 AM   #34
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Re: Re: Re: Girl racers make me weak in the knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicgrl
Come take a look at my car and tell me if it looks like I have a flashy paint job with neon lighting and lot's of N20! Also, note that I bought intake, suspension, and exhaust first before a new set of rims. I dont understand why little boys like yourself have nothing better to do than to rag on girls who happen to enjoy a "man's sport" (as you guys call it). I play hockey and I'm damn good at it! 10 yrs ago...you wouldnt have seen girls playing hockey....now there's a U.S. Women's National Hockey team and a Canadien Womens Hockey team! Who would have thought?? So, just wait a few years and you just might see girls racing competitively everyday like it never were an issue!
We don't have to wait... Just look at the IDRC, and even IRL for good examples of girls racing everyday...
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 04-05-2004, 04:04 PM   #35
honda_gurl16
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Re: Re: Girl racers make me weak in the knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftGirl
There's nothing wrong with Canada!
No, not with Canada..., just with they're idea on girls, cars, and racing obviously. I'm 16, and love my car..., and i'll tell you, my car will kick the ass of most of the other cars in my town. My car looks nice, and it hauls!
Old 04-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #36
Nissan-Fan
AF Regular

Why is it that 99% of you girls own "Cute Lil Yellow Crx's" or some other Civic. Really, i cant see many Civic's "Hauling Ass"

1978 Datsun 280z
2.8Litre Inline 6
T04 Turbocharger, Intercooled
N42 Intake Manifold
3" Downpipe
[Work In Progress]
Old 04-07-2004, 01:46 AM   #37
DYNO Tuning
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to DYNO Tuning

Hey im about your age (15 going on 16 in 5 days..wait no now its 4. went past midnight) but most of the people our age just want body kits, seats, neons, mufflers, and lots of paint...you just want to beat there brains out because they are wannabe losers. I respect that your my age and have gotten past those stupid temptations and are looking for smart performance with that "Bring it On" look. Good luck with your 280z.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:12 PM   #38
Nissan-Fan
AF Regular

Yea man, i cant stand it when we drive past a BMW in my schoolbus and all the kids say "Aw man, we could put some side skirts and NOS on that thing....VROOM!". I actually respect the girls as much as i do guys, i just saw this article on a group called Drifting Pretty, thats the kind of people i respect, just not the whole.....f&f sort of scene.

1978 Datsun 280z
2.8Litre Inline 6
N42 Intake Manifold
3" Downpipe
[Work In Progress]
Old 04-07-2004, 05:14 PM   #39
DYNO Tuning
AF Newbie

True dat, those people are disgraces to the import world. They cant even say they are on the "Import Scene". They are more on the "Holywood Scene" and when those rich kids get a car and put nos in it and dont know what they are doing they will do two things:

1) Wreck because they dont know the power of it.

2) Blow their engine because it cant support the boost.

Just sit back and watch the idiots mess up, its fun.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:18 PM   #40
83civichick
AF Newbie

Re: i only wish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseracergirl
i only wish more guys in my area had your attitudes!! most guys don't take me seriously untill i get out and race- it's like i have to prove myself every time i go to the races!! trust me, girls like it when the guys treat them as equals rather than trying to look all "macho" in front of us...i work on my car and race because i love it, not b/c i want to pick up guys!! you guys rock
guys not taking me seriously is fun, it makes beating them so much more entertaining!

just out of curiosity, it is just me or is it not any fun to race other girls? I only like to race boys, I don't think I'd ever compete in a girls class, unless I really needed the money.
Just me?
Old 04-07-2004, 08:21 PM   #41
83civichick
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan-Fan
Why is it that 99% of you girls own "Cute Lil Yellow Crx's" or some other Civic. Really, i cant see many Civic's "Hauling Ass"
I own an 83 civic, but it's a classic car (in 4 yrs ) thing.
But my best friend has a low 11 sec civic, and I'd say that's pretty much getting close to "hauling ass"
Oh yeah, and she built it herself. Not hard considering she is the head mechanic at a performance shop.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:46 PM   #42
Imikto
AF Newbie

Girl racers

I, in my experience have found many women drivers to be better losers and winners than a lot of men. There are always exeptions! I find that when I win the guys always list off 100 excuses. Why can't women just win?! I respect the men whom treat us women as equals because out on the track there is no difference!
Old 04-08-2004, 12:53 AM   #43
Nissan-Fan
AF Regular

Re: Re: Girl racers make me weak in the knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83civichick
I own an 83 civic, but it's a classic car (in 4 yrs ) thing.
But my best friend has a low 11 sec civic, and I'd say that's pretty much getting close to "hauling ass"
Oh yeah, and she built it herself. Not hard considering she is the head mechanic at a performance shop.
And is that a street car? what performance shop might this be? (just wondering)

1978 Datsun 280z
2.8Litre Inline 6
N42 Intake Manifold
3" Downpipe
[Work In Progress]
Old 04-08-2004, 02:18 AM   #44
DYNO Tuning
AF Newbie

true...11 seconds is not hauling ass in the higher power class...but cars like, integras and civics, 11 seconds is hauling ass as long as its N/A, ive seen a tuned integra in import tuner run a low 11 off of slicks and tuning. Dropping a turbo in changes the story, ive seen integras do low 7's and 8's and a civic pull a low 8. So if that civic thats runnin a low 11 is turbo charged i would say it sucks or they arent giving it fulll throttle.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:15 AM   #45
EmeraldPrelude
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to EmeraldPrelude
"I'm gonna have to agree with u guys...girls driving fast cars...i couldn't ask for anymore...well maybe a lil more...j/k girls with fast cars usually have better personalities than the girls with the beamers and benz. Girls that like to race are out just to have fun, and r usually down to earth... guys that grill girls in general are herbs...girls that like to race, don't be skerred to come out and enjoy the smell of burning tires...i know i love it!"

- I'd like to think I have a pretty decent personality for owning a beamer. Im still out there to just have fun, doesnt make a difference whether I have more money or not to spend on whatever it is thats pushing that fun.

"Originally Posted by Nissan-Fan
I would race you girls any day...Too bad im 14 and i live in canada. See, with most girls who take part in auto racing its all based off 2F2F, they like super flashy paint jobs, neon lighting and lots of N2O! (lol). They treat their cars like their friends! Sounds good right? nope. It goes somthing like this: [Girl]"Hey Prelude...aww, you look sad! i think you need a makeover! TEE HEE HEE! Wtf is VTEC?" and so begins the quest for the ultimate all show and no go car!"

-I guess the fact that you are 14 excuses your blatantly stupid remark. I don't know many girls interested in tacky paintjobs or neon lighting.
I have a Prelude, that is about to get seriously modified, but I don't think to myself that its going to "get a makeover teehee". Yet, every part I modify is going to be done for the sake of performance. Starting from the wheels, tires, and suspension to handle the power I am going to put into it. For some reason I dont see neon lights as a substitute for the engine being resleeved and turbocharged. Maybe the fast and furious doesn't affect someone who is over the age of 14.

-Either way, for those who say "daddy" buys all females their cars... I know 3x as many guys, who get handed down free cars as I do females. Try not to be too overly sexist in your comments.

-As for females getting into the "scene" (the one I could care less about, since I like speed for myself, not to impress others) just to get guys to notice them... thats stupid. Don't you think most guys out there try and get girls with their cars? Its all about trying to show off your money to most people, and guys seem to think that impresses all of us females.

Are all opinions of females so low?

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot