Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
wseeloff
AF Newbie

Wipers acting up

The wipers on my 99 F250 SD are acting up. I turned them on and they swiped left then started back and stopped in the straight up position. Now whether the switch is on or off the wipers bump an inch or so and stop. Then after a couple of minutes they bump an inch or so in the other direction and stop again. Anybody ever run into this before?
wseeloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: Wipers acting up

Could be a short in the multi-function switch (turn signal arm). To get an idea if it is, with the wiper on, give the arm a wiggle. If the wiper works some from that wiggle, then it is that switch.
It could be the motor. I have found that if it is, giving it a tap and getting it to then work some from the tap is a good indicator.
It could be the intermittent switch/timer. Unfortunately I don't know a way to check that.
And it could also be a short in a wire somewhere. That involves checking each one for conductivity.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series