Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:20 AM   #1
Hyatus
Banned

Post Upcoming

Alot of girls on here talk about how they work on there own cars, but i never see any mechanical threads in this fourm or anything close to technical. i know this forum isnt spicifically(sp) for these topics, but it seems all you girls talk about is "SHOW VS GO" or "My Bf........" or "Do you like the look of this or this" or "Street race street race......"

I know the ladies that make up this forum know alot of technical and mechanical knowledge, and perhaps if the knowledge was passed on to the newer female car lovers, there would not be as much fun poked at female racers on the street, even though the impact on here may be small, every little bit helps, and it could some day turn into a rolling effect that spreads out.

I posted this because my friend Diana is an upcoming car lover and just purchase a Type-S and i told her AF had a good girl racer spot. And i have been teaching her that learning how a car works from the inside out is best. She came here and was a little dissapointed about how the girls wernt really into how stuff works but more of the cosmetic aspect of them, which is fine but having both halfs of something is always better.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:48 AM   #2
AcesHigh
Prelude Guy

Send a message via AIM to AcesHigh
Re: Upcoming

A Type S what.

1993 Mazda Rx-7 Touring
Ricer Extraordinaire
Old 03-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #3
Hyatus
Banned

rsx
Old 03-10-2004, 01:57 PM   #4
hotice318ti
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to hotice318ti Send a message via Yahoo to hotice318ti

you have a point.. but as far as i know, the ladies around here do share their knowledge if there's a question or a problem... if you ask, they would tell you what they know and try to help you out... i guess girls (in general) are more into show.. i like cars and i like learning about them, but i don't like to talk about it all the time.. in my opinion, this forum is like a hangout place for girls.. you know, talk about whatever.. also, this portion of forum is quite small so all the topics are mixed up.. so if you wanna know about technical/mechanical stuffs it's the best to go to the forums specific for your car like clubrsx or something... for me, that works the best.. i mean, i like coming here but when i need to know something, i usually go to s2ki.com or bimmerforums.com where i can find almost everything i want to know... again, that's just because their forums are huge and well organized.. they have their own off-topic forum, which can be pretty fun to browse after a hard day
all i'm trying to say is that for me, this forum is just like the off-topic forum for the automotiveforums.com... just my 2cents anyways.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:08 PM   #5
lotusonwater19
AF Enthusiast

to respond to your comment....its not us its how the forum works! if there is a technical question it goes into the technical forum, and with most members if there is a question we run a search through threads so we wont end up repeating or bringing up old threads. and maybe we know so much technical that we dont need to discuss it. i usually discuss technical when i have a car problem, but before i go to the forum crying for help about it, i go and try to fix it myself, research on it, ask friends, the forum is my very last resort.
Seriously if she has a question, she should just post it and see if we can answer it before she jumps to conclusions.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:11 PM   #6
lotusonwater19
AF Enthusiast

man, i wish i could have a typeS rsx, being a poor college student sux. oh well my lousy $17/hr maintains my integ so i wont complain anymore. thats a nice car. k20 yummmmmmm!

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot